Pierce vs. Pap -- Who's to Blame?

10/31/2007 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pierce Brosnan is being investigated for sucker punching a paparazzo after being asked about playing James Bond -- but the details just don't add up!

Photog Rob Rosen tells TMZ he was being nice to the former 007 star -- who was walking around a Malibu shopping center last Friday -- when suddenly, "his eyes went crazy" and Pierce shouted, "Why don't you just get the f**k out of my face!"

The photog also tells us he was talking to Pierce's son and some of the boy's friends before Brosnan went off -- possibly triggering the fight. Watch TMZ TV tonight for more of the interview with Rosen. Check local listings.

Mas*

F this photog guy! Team Pierce!!

OCD

From the TMZ post yesterday, the pap had already taken several pictures of Brosnan. That was enough.

"Chatting up" Brosnan's son and his friends wasn't part of the deal.

Apparently telling the scuzmonkey to quit and go away wasn't enough.

If a pap had been messing with my kid (celebrity or not), I'd have lit into them too.

Don't you think some of these celebrities get tired of having a bunch of psycho camera-wielding parasites invade their private lives and personal space?

If someone says, "No, I don't want my picture taken", or "Get the hell out of my face", that means NO. It means go away. It means they want to be left alone.

You guys are worse than a bunch of belligerent panhandlers. You give them five bucks and then they bitch you out for it because they wanted ten bucks for a gallon of Boones' Farm. Take what you got and walk the hell away.

TMZ FAN

am I the only one that thinks he got really old really fast? ..

TMZ FAN

next he will be playing grandpa on the real mcoys

LuvTMZ

That's part of being a celebrity, Pierce - deal with it!

Boxy Roxy

WWJB do? What would James Bond do?

Pierce has a history of violence. There's no excuse for hitting anyone, pap or not, unless it's for physical self-defense. Which, in a perfect world, means there would be no violence, I realize.

Pierce doesn't have a problem beating his wife, Keeley Shay Smith, so I'm going with the pap on this one. There's no excuse, and Pierce -- that washed-up, aging nobody -- took it out on the pap. I hope the pap sues him silly. Pierce is a loser.

And no, I'm no pap and don't know any. It's a question of ethics, class, and common decency.

Dog is a racist mutt!

When you start after the kids, then it's time for an Ass Kicking!!! Just when is it appropriate ANYTIME for someone to who is a stranger to come up like that? I don't know exactly what happened, but if it would have be me, I would have made him eat his own camera! So much for the right to privacy ( and a few other rights as well).

TMZ FAN

He's mad at the world becouse he's to old to play James Bond..

Boxy Roxy

Maybe we'll see Pierce in an anger management class with Brad Garrett, that guy who used to be Kramer, and Mel Gibson! They're all idiots!

October Sky

Razi's talking to Mr. Brosnan's son - or any celebrity's child is so wrong on so many levels. Any parent would protect his/her children - stop this madness.

Nik

who the hell feels bad for the paparazzi? they are society's cesspool. bottom feeders if ever there were any. they get what they deserve by making a living invading people's privacy.

tired of cry baby

WHAT A DUMB ASS, A GROWN MAN TALKING TO SOME STRANGERS KIDS. I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING, WHAT ABOUT HIS KICK TO HIS RIBS THAT WAS A REACTION ? THIS IDIOT SHOULD NOT GO UP TO KIDS THAT HE DOES NOT KNOW!!!!!!!!

Baby

Im fully on Pierce Brosnans side .. you guys are always in peoples faces, trying to make a buck .. good on him .. if it actually happened that is

Jack Schitt

YOU TOO TMZ >>>>>>OUTTA OUR FACES

Goldie Hand

stick a camera in my face, get the same thing. Who do these "photags" think they are???? There must be a law soon about all this insanity. As Jessica said, "get a job that doesnt involve stalking people!"

LOSERS