Blowin' Up the House!

11/1/2007 3:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

While "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" isn't exactly popular TMZ viewing, giant explosions are ... so enjoy!

In an upcoming episode of the ABC sobfest, Ty Pennington and his crew actually blow up a house, action movie style! Of course, the crew will build a new cookie cutter home in no time. The episode airs Sunday.

LISALET

GOT TO SAY ALL THE HOME MAKEOVER'S I'VE SEEN ON THIS SHOW HAVE BEEN HELPING NEEDY PEOPLE - GUESS THAT PISSES SOME PEOPLE OFF BECAUSE THEN THEY CAN ONLY HAVE A GO AT THE PRESENTERS CAN'T THEY? BOY DO PEOPLE LOVE TO DO THAT - SHOULD BE CONCENTRATING MORE ON THE GOOD BEING DONE THAN THE DESIGNERS PERSONAL LIVES AND LOOKS! BUT HEY THIS IS THE USA AND ONLY THE GOOD LOOKING COUNT RIGHT?! THE PEOPLE WHO'VE HELPED OUT THE ONE'S NEEDING THESE MAKEOVER'S HAVE PROVED THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE WITH HEARTS, CONCIENCES AND GIVING SOULS OUT THERE, BY ATTACKING THE GOOD THESE MAKEOVER'S DO YOU ARE ATTACKING EACH AND EVERY PERSON WHO HAS GIVEN THEIR TIME AND MONEY AND MUCH NEEDED LABOUR! TAKE A LOOK AT YOURSELVES THEN ASK YOURSELF WHAT HAVE I DONE TODAY TO HELP SOMEONE IN NEED!

someone

NO MUSLIMS FOR PRESIDENT

The homes that they build are a FAR CRY from being "cookie cutter" you guys are idiots

LuvTMZ

Can't believe this show is still airing!

fha secure rates

i heard the host is gay????

Phred84

This was in Cheyenne, Wyoming. They got all the proper permits and no birds were harmed. There is something to be said for our wide open spaces.

fha secure rates

hard to believe that they're still on the air myself!

spikept-the-Poet

It's on the air because people watch it and, therefore, it must be wlll liked. Why is Brittany's new album number one? Why do people read this crap? People like to see things get blowed up too! #4 & 6 would do well to get back home and check the air in the wheels of their houses...

jmills

My mother helped with this house and got to meet everyone but Ty - said it was a great experience! however the people getting the home weren't in need of it...they kind of fabricated some of their story...before the crews got there they had to hide their 4-wheelers, boat, camper, etc so they'd seem not as well off. They said they helped rescue dogs and what not however neighbors never saw a single animal (we have friends that live around them) and they own a candle shop in Cheyenne....they honestly didn't need this... I'm sure there were other families that did!

Sarah

The houses that Ty and the gang build for these families are amazing, and nowhere near "cookie cutter." They build homes for people with special needs and that have different challenges in their normal daily lives. I don't think I've ever seen any house on the show look even moderately similar to another. The employees at TMZ.com DESPERATELY need some writers that at least have SOME idea of what they're writing about.

hello, it

What's the matter Harvey? Can't stand to see someone do something nice for others? As far as the houses being "cookie cutter", each house is different, and geared towards the family it is built for.

Jenn

The house that was blown up didn't look like it needed repaired at all. Of course we didn't see anything on the inside, but gees it looked like it was at a least a 2500 square ft if not more. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

rudewaitress

that ass ty would do anything do increase ratings. somebody should have made sure HE was in the house beforehand.

www.sugar-shoes.co.uk

they're still on the air myself

Phred84

#8 is right, the family was not really needy. The show just was looking for the perfect place where they could actually blow up a house. The house supposedly did need to be demolished because of severe radon problems.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments