Da Brat

Da Busted!

11/1/2007 11:14 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper and Mariah Carey BFF Da Brat was arrested outside of Atlanta, after allegedly busting a waitress in the face with a bottle of rum at Jermaine Dupri's Studio 72 nightclub around 1:15 AM today.

Da Brat Booking photo
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Brat (real name: Shawntae Harris) got into an altercation with the waitress after she bumped into the rapper. The two began pushing and shoving each other until she walked away. That's when Brat allegedly assaulted her with a bottle.

Celebrity Mugshots - click to launchThe "Celebrity Fit Club" star is currently in custody and has been charged with felony aggravated assault. She'll be arraigned in the next 72 hours. Da Brat was previously arrested in 2000 for allegedly pistol whipping a woman in an Atlanta nightclub -- she pleaded guilty and was put on probation.

Tangie

Hey Al...like white people don't do that s*** too, idiot.

College Grad

@Same Old Crap,

So I guess you said that Kid Rock didn't have the "common sense or the language to
work it out so you resort to violence" when he got in both of his fights and was never charged. I PROBABLY SURE YOU DIDN'T! Why is it that everytime 1 black person does something idiotic, MOST white people give them the power over the ENTIRE race. "Your race need to get a clue" , no you need to get a clue if people like you would stop looking at every story on TMZ like it is the potrait of black america such stereotypes wouldn't exist. For example, based on TMZ's story..I should think that all white people, do drugs, rape women, fight in Wafflehouses, drink and drive , and hate black people. This simply is not true, but I have the intelligence to look past these stories and see that these are the actions of individuals, NOT AN ENTIRE RACE. I know plenty of Black people who have jobs, take care of their kids, go to church, volunteer for causes, attend college and a host of other things. I also know black people who are lazy, live off the government,commit crimes and etc, but I KNOW WHITE PEOPLE WHO DO THESE THINGS TOO! My point is the things you mention are not indictive to black people overall they are associated with poor people of all races.
And to the people saying HIp Hop is killing America, since when has a song every killed anyone. People need to be responsible for their own actions and stop trying to find a scapegoat for everything. How is hip hop killing the black community when 70% of hip hop music is listened to by white America!

JaimeNTexas

yawns@ the ignorance...guess my point was taken

Yes I Said It

I'm tired of seeing rappers get away with commiting crimes. Since she's been convicted of a crime before, hopefully she'll get found guilty and serve some jail time.

I doubt it though. The silly prosecutors will probably let her plead down to a misdemeanor and do community service. I'm so sick of that. Like Naomi Campbell. ....How many people does she have to assault before she gets some jail time?

Bruce Perkins

whaat I wanna know is how much does the woman weigh? lol

Mama Says

Guess I'm just old fashioned, but women fighting is just plain gross.

Donkeypuncher

Dog should have a talk with her.

FlBiker

White or black makes no difference. THAT is one unattractive woman.

JaimeNTexas

White people...GHETTO and BLACK is not synonomous. Y'all need a clue and a damn thesaurus forreal. I like how y'all are trying to get my goat from behind a computer monitor but wouldn't dare say any of this bs to my face. I like how Violence is only associated with black people. I'm sure Tommy Lee and Kid Rock fighting over that plastic ass doll y'all call a woman is evidence of white peoples sanity. Not to mention the Columbine Shooters, Jeffrey Dahmer, the BTK Killer, those racist bastards down in Jasper, Charles Manson, David Koresh, Phil Spector....no way...Black people have the monopoly on violence. Yeah GTF outta here

chicago's wonder.woman

hey one - your stupid promotions need to halt -

btw, she's not dating ANY "MEN" FROM ANY SITE ANYWHERE ;P

JaimeNTexas

lmao@my sista....I love the boldness of white people on this board...but let me walk my ass down a aisle at Saks...not so bold then

Nicole

This has nothing to do with race!!! Blacks and whites do stupid things like this. And this has nothing to do with her being a rapper (which by the way she is not- has not had an album in years) Rock and roll artist, rappers, ordinary folks, etc.. commit stupid crimes.

FlBiker

I can see why we don't allow them here. Thank you Atlanta for keeping these violent animals away from the civilized population.

how dumb

To #20 - by her sexuality....
I'm not sure, but the poster probably was just asking a serious question and not making fun of lesbians. I had no idea who this rapper is, and couldn't really tell if it was a man or a woman. Another poster called her a "he", so then I was really confused.

kim