Da Brat

Da Busted!

11/1/2007 11:14 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper and Mariah Carey BFF Da Brat was arrested outside of Atlanta, after allegedly busting a waitress in the face with a bottle of rum at Jermaine Dupri's Studio 72 nightclub around 1:15 AM today.

Da Brat Booking photo
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Brat (real name: Shawntae Harris) got into an altercation with the waitress after she bumped into the rapper. The two began pushing and shoving each other until she walked away. That's when Brat allegedly assaulted her with a bottle.

Celebrity Mugshots - click to launchThe "Celebrity Fit Club" star is currently in custody and has been charged with felony aggravated assault. She'll be arraigned in the next 72 hours. Da Brat was previously arrested in 2000 for allegedly pistol whipping a woman in an Atlanta nightclub -- she pleaded guilty and was put on probation.

Kim

If you celebrities cannot behave yourselves, please stay out of Atlanta. Crawl back under that rock from where you came. Stay out of our bars and our Waffle houses. Quit it with the dog fighting and turn in your machine guns and silencers to the proper authorities. You are turning this town into the armpit of the south and believe me, there is some steep competition for that title.

NICHI

THOSE BITCHES ARE TOO OLD TO BE FIGHTING ANYWAY. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TOO "OOPS MY BADD"? THE PRIDE THING IS CRAZY. THAT GIRL PROBABLY NEW THE REPUTATION OF DA BRAT AND NEW SHE COULD GET PAID. SHE MAY HAVE EVEN STARTED IT....MORE REASON FOR DA BRAT TO WALK AWAY. HOWEVER, ALCOHOL AND FUELED ATTITUDES =A NEGATIVE SITUATION! I DO HOPE THE OTHER GIRL WAS ARRESTED TOO, IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO. EVEN IF ONE DID GET POPPED IN THE FACE WITH A BOTTLE! NEVER START A FIGHT WITH A HAS BEEN.....THEY WILL DO ANYTHING TO KEEP THEIR NAME IN THE PRESS!

FlBiker

#75 Jaime
*rolls eyes*
It's spelled thesaurus.

anthonysdreamgirl**

Lol, I'm white, and I get mad just about everyday - but i don't go off like an animal. Let's all face it, both blacks AND whites have violent tendencies. It's if you act on it that makes the difference... but don't act like it's just a black thing.

my, my, what truth dacoits you are

She didn't want to be on a show-surreal life-with any has-beens? What a joke. According to wikipedia she hasn't had any solo success since the mid-90's, only riding other artists' coattails on their songs. I hope the word gets to Jane Wiedlin. She's produced more in the last decade than surreal ghetto thugette. Who's the real has-been? Shawntae, we all got you in check.

JaimeNTexas

84 while you are correcting me...go back and read again and you will see that I spelled it right

Rolls her eyes and shoots u the finger...

WHAT?

I'm a cracker and proud of it.
I love crackers
Calling me cracker only makes me buy more crackers.

how dumb

People are making comments about hip hop for this reason... many hip hop artists are self-proclaimed gangsters, and continually flaunt their gangster lifestyles to everyone. Despite the money and fame, a lot of them are still packing guns, engaging in violence, drugs, etc. If it wasn't for the flaunted "gangsta" lifestyle, people wouldn't look down on hip hop so much.

But its not really just the black artists.. there are white hop hop artists. too.

Anyway - I don't think people are generally insulting hip hop. Its the gangsters of hip hop that people have a problem with.

kim

is he a black dude?!?!? shocking!!! I saw him on surreal life too. Just as horney and nasty on there. bleh!

Renata

Yes..this is a crying shame...

Yes I Said It

JamieNTexas, get real. You cant say "its not a hip hop thing" . It IS very much a hip hip thing.

There is no other genre of music out there where so many of its "stars" keep getting arrested. Not in jazz, rock, country, classial, adult contemporary, salsa/latino,... none of those,....but in hip hip, it seems every 2 weeks one of its "stars" get arrested. Shall I name a few hip hoppers with arrest records?

OK.. a short list to start :

Jay Z, P Diddy Combs, Cassidy, Slick Rick, TI, Tupac Shakur, 50 cent, Da Brat, Irv Gotti, Freeway, DMX, Snoop Dog, Ice- T, Lil Kim, Black Rob, Fox Brown, Lil Wayne, Flavor Flav, Akon, Biggie Smalls, Remy Ma, Young Buck, Gucci Mane, Fabolous, Trick Daddy, Ol Dirty Bastard, Plies, Busta Rhymes, Beanie Siegel, Shyne, Ja Rule ....

ok. I gave you 32 to start off with. DO I NEED TO GO ON????

As a black person, I'm embarrased by it. We need to stop making excuses for bad behavior.

FlBiker

#88 Jaime

FlBiker is correct, you have other words spelled incorrectly as well.
You are making a fool of yourself.

my, my, what truth dacoits you are

Wayne Williams. Muhammad and Malvo, oj, Sprewell, tupac, biggie, 6 black racist thugs on one in Jena, LA, Farrakhan, black panther "militia",little diddy, pick-a-rapper ... Shall I go on?

Get a life!!

Yeah Kramer, I know what you mean just like when you say you hate Rock & Roll and Country and all the whites turns beat RED....like OMG Dude!!

just wondering