Da Brat

Da Busted!

11/1/2007 11:14 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper and Mariah Carey BFF Da Brat was arrested outside of Atlanta, after allegedly busting a waitress in the face with a bottle of rum at Jermaine Dupri's Studio 72 nightclub around 1:15 AM today.

Da Brat Booking photo
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Brat (real name: Shawntae Harris) got into an altercation with the waitress after she bumped into the rapper. The two began pushing and shoving each other until she walked away. That's when Brat allegedly assaulted her with a bottle.

Celebrity Mugshots - click to launchThe "Celebrity Fit Club" star is currently in custody and has been charged with felony aggravated assault. She'll be arraigned in the next 72 hours. Da Brat was previously arrested in 2000 for allegedly pistol whipping a woman in an Atlanta nightclub -- she pleaded guilty and was put on probation.

Always Curious

Seems like the punk ass beotch needs to be locked up for a long time. And see needs a prison education by women who use their hands and not objects to fight with.

Craig

'Da Brat' has it coming to her/has had it coming to her for the longest time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She. like all rappers, thinks she can get away with ANYTHING/can treat people like sh__!!

I have NEVER wanted to see someone go to jail as much as her (sad thing is that she will probably not suffer , will make freinds there, & be more popular due to stupid fans, when she gets out!!)!

& I wish rap would die,....its for thugs, people so stupid they only know arrogance/violence (& it only promotes more violence. Anyone that thinks otherwise is either stupid of the truth, or has a motive in rap continuing!)!

Lets hope she continues to break the law/be herself,....=horrible worthless piece of life!!!!!!

my, my, what truth dacoits you are

Ok, Jaime, here are some of your grammatical and spelling errors. It is an aisle, not a aisle;ghetto and black are not synonymous, not is;white peoples';oj doesn't count; hip hop and oj ARE two...;where not were;hip hop's behalf; too drunk, not to;who, not that, doesn't respect herself. Of course, I realize that your mouth and fingers sometimes outrun your brain, and I make allowances.

Kurt

Should should have smacked Screech in the face with a bottle when they were on Celebrity Fit Club. That would have been funny!

JaimeNTexas

#100 my point exactly.

Get Real** Firstly, I don't excuse anything done by a rapper or one of our people...IF said rapper or person does a stupid azzed thing then wonders why he's locked up, I will not condone that type of behavior. But I also believe in not judging a person based on past experiences or brushes with the law. Especially if today they aren't doing anything but RAPPING. Lil Wayne shouldn't even be on that list. I might be wrong, but I don't believe he ever had to do time. He started selling drugs when he was extremely young. Got hold to a gun and shot himself. Signed to Cash Money after being on life support 2 weeks at age 11 to escape those streets. Learned his damn lesson. Like most others on that list. In your eyes..you mess up, I guess you don't deserve a chance to make a better life for yourself. As it has been in the last decade or so..Hip Hop has saved a lot of those rappers lives. They have more to live for. Jay Z went from a Hustler to a CEO. I love Hip Hop. I will protect it fiercely from any naysayers. Although a lot of it I really don't listen to cause I'm 30 and my tastes have changed. I will still fight for this music that has became the soundtrack to my life. T.I. saved me from many a day of wanting to hurt somebody. "Motivation" was my theme song for damn near 2 years dealing with a blatantly racist and patronizing white woman for a boss. (Before you comment on him..the man ain't even went to trial yet and we still don't know the truth) The music has never reached out and murdered anybody. People said the same ish about Death Metal years ago. Grunge to. Those artists were not responsible for raising amercia's children. That is not their job. Their job is to make music. If it sales then good for you. If it doesn't, then it might mean you need to find another gig.

Helldorado

JaimeNTexas thank you for proving my point.

Really.
LOL!!!
Nice work.

Methinks thou bigotry hath shown through.

Steph

Gay much brat?

Cha Cha

WHY DOES SHE THINK THAT SHE IS A MAN????
THATS NOT CUTE.....LMAO!!!!!

Panther

Dang Da Brat is pretty hardcore, why didn't she do all this to Dustin Diamond on Celebrity Fit Club. You would've thought she overcame all that.

judgingotherssux

Why dont you call Al Sharpton you ho...Dog Chapman was pretty much right what he said...here is fine example cheapshot w/a bottle..mmm....

Get a life!!

Very well said JamieNTexas.

Armando

Big mouth and bad attitude. Got what she deserves. Rapper has been.

Ben Dover - Ho

Not Surprising...look at her!

Helldorado

'who cares' and 'JamieNTexas' are probably the same person.

LOL!!!

JaimeNTexas

112 # you didn't have to prove anything. I have put how I felt on the table. The difference between me and a lot a white people is that I can admit I have a touch of racism in my body. I don't trust white people as far as I can throw them. I live in the south and have dealt with racist white people my whole life. But I have the respect for people not to disrespect them by calling them Cracker Honkey, Cave B**tch or any of the other names that we have for y'all. Its called RESPECT..its universal. No color lines drawn on Respect Yeah I can think whatever the hell I want to...but if you haven't disrespected me, I have no reason to disrespect you.