The Dog Apologizes

11/1/2007 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dog ChapmanDuane Dog Chapman has issued the following statement apologizing for his racist tirade caught on tape:

"My sincerest, heartfelt apologies go out to every person I have offended for my regrettable use of very inappropriate language. I am deeply disappointed in myself for speaking out of anger to my son and using such a hateful term in a private phone conversation. It was completely taken out of context. I was disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character. However, I should have never used that term.

I have the utmost respect and aloha for black people – who have already suffered so much due to racial discrimination and acts of hatred. I did not mean to add yet another slap in the face to an entire race of people who have brought so many gifts to this world. I am ashamed of myself and I pledge to do whatever I can to repair this damage I have caused. In Hawaii, we have something called Ho'oponopono, where people come together to resolve crises and restore peace and balance.

I am meeting with my spiritual advisor, Rev. Tim Storey, and hope to meet with other black leaders so they can see who I really am and teach me the right thing to do to make things right, again. I know that all of my fans are deeply disappointed in me, as well, as I have tried to be a model for doing the right thing. I did not do the right thing this time, and hope you will forgive me. We learn from our mistakes, as my story of overcoming a life of crime has proven, and I will learn from this one for the rest of my life."

me

IT'S CALLED "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" FOLKS and not to mention a private conversation. I'm so sick of black folk playing martyrs and as if we owe them something. White people get called names by black people also but you don' t see them demanding apologies! It's total BS. It doesn't work on me.........Give me a break and get the f over it.

carol

32 No you are missing the point. It was a PRIVATE CONVERSATION. Do you know what that means? If the son has a problem with his father firing him, take it to the labor board.

Melissa

Granted saying racial things is never a good thing but he did say them over the confidence of a phone conversation to his family member. If you can't say exactly how you feel racially based or not at home then what is this world coming too? Freedom of speech no matter how much you might disagree with what is said should be protected at home the most if no other place else. I think it's pretty sad that this person has decided that they want to make a name for themselves by doing this...but then again we do live in the world were everyone is out for their own 15 minutes of fame.

tiredofpeoplesayingwhattheymeanthenapologizngforitwhentheyreallydontmeanit

Whoah #29! You are just as bad as Al and Jesse speaking for us! I don't need your kind of talk, either. Hate kills you faster! Gives you a bad heart! I don't have time for all that. Life's too short...

Fan of Dogs~!!!!

I am sooooooooooooo sick of everything always being a BLACK or WHITE situation! This is America! The biggest melting pot in the world. I don't use the words Ni***r or White Trash, unless it is called for and many times, it is. I'm a poor American White woman, NOT on welfare, though I have less rights and services available to me because I am White and it sucks! Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson are a JOKE to America and the HUMAN RACE, talk about racism!

I agree that most of us in anger has said the wrong thing/s and wish we could take back what we've said, however we can't and all we can do is apologize, which Dog had done! We in America need to do more PRAISING than CRITICIZING, start with our children!!!

Karen

Dog. I'm on your side. You did the right thing by apolyzing but the best thing by asking forgiveness from God. That's who you need to worry about. The Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons should look at their own charaters before trying to resur someone else. Right on Dog. A&E you are about to lose a lifelong viewer.Karen

m

sounds like someone doesn't want to lose a TV SPOT
lol, that is what his racist ass gets
take him off the air
and his blonde bimbo too
i am so sick of her it is unreal

Fake People Suck

Ha........a "private conversation"
To me, that means that he was serious about what he said! He didn't think that it was going to bite him in the ass so he threw it out there; now that it has he is groveling.
Mullets = racism!!! No just playing but really I think that the mullet is a bigger issue then what he said!!!
I don't hate the guy but you know he throws that kind of crap around all the time, he just got caught so now he needs to kiss ass.

Andrea

And this is why I LOVE the DOG!!! Good job DOG!

Rick

All of you criticizing him are hypocrites. I don't care for his show, but I certainly won't slander someone for something said in anger. "Emotional" always speaks louder and faster than "Logical". You say some of the most ignorant crap when you're angry. How many times have you said something to someone in anger HOPING to get a rise out of them. You don't mean it, you just say it. "Logical" is slower, "Emotional" is faster. Grow up people.

tweety

Dog should Stay as FAR AWAY from Sharpton as possible.

"Dog" Chapman will USED to the hilt by Al.

Al Sharpton, like most blacks, only cares about blacks and no other minority.

Blacks use Race as an EXCUSE for making Millions, if not Billions of $$$'s

in Trumped up Law Suits as a way for Making a VERY Good living.

And the white lawyers are more than happy to oblige !!

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

I believe you're sorry because you got caught out voicing what you apparenty really think about African-Americans.

If it had REALLY been about this girl's CHARACTER, and you weren't seeing color first, I think you would have called her a b*tch, sl*t, or whatever.

I'm frankly pretty damned shocked at the way you apparently behave when the cameras aren't rolling.

WE _ DON'T _ CALL _ ANY _ RACIAL _ NAMES _ AT _ OUR _ HOME ... E-V-E-R.

Sad, very sad ...

annette

Just reading some of the comments made on here..purposely made public..is scarier than anything I've heard thus far..the real and should be only issue here is the fact that the PRIVATE CONVERSATION WAS MADE PUBLIC!!!! Again..this whole racial slur thing has become a WITCH HUNT!! And who is benefiting the most? Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. I have respect for Jesse but Al is a joke. What the Kramer guy did was one thing..HORRIBLE!! He attacked someone attending his show in the most vulgar way possible...so to end his career is appropriate...to end Mr. Chapmans is not..the two should not even be compared..the man was basically saying he didn't trust the chick..granted..he could have and should have said it differently..because he was speaking to his son who may want to emulate him..but because it was a private conversation..that is really none of my business..i find the man entertaining..just as i find Chris Rock entertaining who again..purportedly HATES WHITE PEOPLE...and that was publicly said by another black entertainer..in fact many..it has been made a standing joke among them..and he has also publicly made racial slurs toward the white public..when these people fail to entertain me i will stop watching them..i love Chris Rock...even though i am white and know he hates me..Dog Chapman never said he hates blacks..he said he uses a word that he felt could destroy his career..

Gregg

Amazing that some find it OK because he said he made a mistake. His own words were that they use the N word all the time, not once in awhile but all the time. When I have something negative to say about someone I call them what they are , A## or crackhead, ect but to use a racial slur only comes out because you have those thoughts already inside. It isnt by accident that you use racial slurs but by design. Whatever channel his show is on needs to say BYE BYE . He will still make a living doing what he does.

Tangie

This is what I want to know. Why was he saying it in front of the girlfriend, if he was so worried it would get out?