The Dog Apologizes

11/1/2007 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dog ChapmanDuane Dog Chapman has issued the following statement apologizing for his racist tirade caught on tape:

"My sincerest, heartfelt apologies go out to every person I have offended for my regrettable use of very inappropriate language. I am deeply disappointed in myself for speaking out of anger to my son and using such a hateful term in a private phone conversation. It was completely taken out of context. I was disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character. However, I should have never used that term.

I have the utmost respect and aloha for black people – who have already suffered so much due to racial discrimination and acts of hatred. I did not mean to add yet another slap in the face to an entire race of people who have brought so many gifts to this world. I am ashamed of myself and I pledge to do whatever I can to repair this damage I have caused. In Hawaii, we have something called Ho'oponopono, where people come together to resolve crises and restore peace and balance.

I am meeting with my spiritual advisor, Rev. Tim Storey, and hope to meet with other black leaders so they can see who I really am and teach me the right thing to do to make things right, again. I know that all of my fans are deeply disappointed in me, as well, as I have tried to be a model for doing the right thing. I did not do the right thing this time, and hope you will forgive me. We learn from our mistakes, as my story of overcoming a life of crime has proven, and I will learn from this one for the rest of my life."

Ben Dover - Ho

Hey Black Power Girl, repeat my name to yo ho self.

PUBLIC SAFETY IS AT STAKE

"Dog Chapman never said he hates blacks..he said he uses a word that he felt could destroy his career..

Posted at 1:02PM on Nov 1st 2007 by annette"

------------------------

Why does he use that word?

Do you?

crus

To all of you african americans, quit calling me white, I'm European American. And, to the government, on all of your data bases, please change the check mark for white, to
European American!!!!!!!!!!!!

jthyme

He has nothing to apologize for. It was a private phone call with his son and it should have been kept that way. He is entitled to his opinion and has every right to say whatever he wants to say.

Minnesota Nice

Only people who personally know Duane Chapman know who he really is, know what his relationship with his children is. I do believe that he meant what he said at the time. It may have been wrong to use the word, but we have all said things we wished we wouldn't have said. Anyone who says they haven't is lying. Whether his apology is sincere is inconsequential. Anything played out in the media is warped. His personality on the show is warped by editing and sensationalism. Let it go. He said it, he must deal with the personal ramifications. It shouldn't affect his ability to do his job, nor should it affect your opinion of his public persona...that is just as much hype as this story.

Stef

hey black power girl
I bet you know who stole my motorcycle, don't ya?
they yo cuzin? baby daddy? pimp?

jan

Aloha Dog...Toast!

Melanie

Okay, first of all, its obvious that is NOT the full-version of the tape. Its been edited. Second of all, I truly believe that Dog's use of the language was not meant in racial context. I just think he was unhappy with her character, not her COLOR. This was a private conversation between his son and him and should NEVER have been made public. We have ALL said things in private or to ourselves that we would otherwise never say in public because of the risk of the publics perception. Al Sharpton shouldnt get involved either. Its unnecessary. DOG- and Beth- no apologies are needed. Of course, some folks will never let it go because it gives them one more thing to gripe about...........

Jeannie Crookshanks

I wished everyone would leave DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER alone he hasn;t done anything wrong he has been through enough he has been framed and set up
I wished people would get off of his back
I am a big fan of DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER
Like I said just leave him alone and get off of his back he has been through enough

dogfan

Name one black family that doesn't use honky or cracka LOL I know it happens.

I believe Dog is NOT a raciest and that was a private convo with his son. Maybe the girlfriend is the type who will stab people in the back to make a buck.

I hope they don't remove the show. I love it and I love Dog.

My hubby is black so I don't want to hear any crap about me being raciest also because I believe what you say in your own home, or to your own son is private.

Why did his own son release this... or did the girlfriend get a hold of it? hhhhmmm

OCD

You need to make a public apology to your son's girlfriend. Very public.

You need to get therapy because no one should ever speak to their child like that. You were cruel, overbearing and bigoted. You chose to ram YOUR feelings down your son's throat and didn't give a hoot in hell how much it hurt him as long as YOU got what you wanted.

That's not being a father. That's being a thug.

You obviously live up to your moniker in a large way. Eh.

yir ma

You editor are a wimp and a liar by omission

annette

Nope..don't use it..don't think it..but..i do use the term..trash all the time..curse too much..if someone were to catch me in a bad mood at home..PRIVATELY..i am sure they might use that one time to change the percetion of me that i use in public..which is to try and show respect for those around me and not do anything that may offend or hurt feelings...

barb

4. Ha ha....I always laugh at the ones that say 1st.....well I guess now I can say it...FIRST BITCHES! LMAO!!!

Posted at 12:03PM on Nov 1st 2007 by Only Reads the Articles

HA HA HA IS RIGHT. THE REAL "FIRST" DESCRIBES YOU PERFECTLY.

Jfirearrow

Dog;

What you said in private is your own business. The Rev Al Sharpton never apologized for railroading the white La Crosse Players,they were totoaly innocent and he ruined their lives over some drug addict whores lie's. What about Tawanna Brawley Al??? another lie you never apoligized for. Al Sharpton says racist things about white's behind our backs regularly-Screw Him!