Dennis Cole Busted. Wait -- Who's Dennis Cole?

11/2/2007 6:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dennis Cole was busted in Florida yesterday. Who?
Dennis Cole
The former husband of "Charlie's Angels" star and K-Mart shmata seller Jaclyn Smith had a major run-in with Fort Lauderdale Police, who went to Cole's home to serve him with a domestic violence injunction -- but police say he locked himself in a room. Cops were eventually able to open the door -- and Cole was promptly arrested on one count of obstructing justice. He was released on $100 bond early Friday.

It's unlikely that you remember Cole for his roles on "Fantasy Island" and "Murder She Wrote." Cole was married to Smith for almost three years.

lynnann

Wasn't he on the Mod Squad with Peggy Lipton and that guy with 3 names?

stan

he got fat & ugly

nonnie

Poor guy, I remember him very well back in the late 60's and 70's---looks like life has not been very kind to him through the years. Domestic violence against who??? I also remember when he and Jaclyn Smith were married, they made such a striking couple.

Sherry

Michael Cole was on Mod Squad with Clarence Williams III & Peggy Lipton.
May "Being honest" live a long life, lose a son shot at point blank range in the head and look as good as Mr. Cole. Go watch Dr. 90210!
Kitty, we need to remember that tmz is mainly for those who look for Britney without panties and not true entertainment news.

TraeC

Wow I can't believe they thought we wouldn't remember him! I remember seeing him way more than I ever saw Jaclyn Smith and yes he was a hottie. And thanks to whoever reminded us that he is 67, he doesn't look that bad at all. Who works for TMZ, 10 year olds?

Sharon- Australia

He was one of my dream men growing up. Reality is a bitch, leave me to my dreams.

www.sugar-shoes.co.uk

WHo the frick is he

Frank

If we don't remember him or even know him, why is it "BREAKING NEWS"?

ANGRYINNV

i used to see dennis cole around town with his son years ago in los angeles. his son was murdered in a robbery many years ago. this was his only child. i know you cannot tell from the above picture, but he was a really good looking guy at one time. i'm sorry to hear he is going through hard times again. he was never a major star, but was a working actor who appeared on many programs.

jonnot

Dennis Cole WAS a male prostitute. As a matter of fact, he was a nude physique model in the late 1950s-early 1960s--there are many pictures of him out there and they are identified as such. Not talking about fake, "doctored", so-called celebrity photos; these are well-known and authentic.

tmzer

wasn't he on mod squad the show from the 60s ?

farleyw

he was one hot male back in his haydays. can anyone tell me what soap opera he was on?

BeatleStone

I remember seeing him on Charlie's Angels way back in the 70's & seeing him crack up is funny in more ways than one, his only accomplishment was that he was once married to the beautiful Jaclyn Smith.

DaveRog

How does being a psysique model in the 50's and 60's equate with being a male prostitute? I certainly does not prove it.

That said, if we knew how many star's private parts (major stars of today included) has met the private parts of Hollywood power brokers, in order to further their careers, I am sure it would surprise even the most cynical.

So if Cole at one time exchaged what were in his day grade A goods and services, more power to him. Big friggin deal. Hope he had fun and made lots of money.

And thanks Sherry for reminding me this is not the place for "real" entertainment news. I agree. What annoys me is the size of the venue TMZ has been given. I think if they did not link to aol nobody would ever see them. AOL really needs to review their contract. This level is too low.

jonnot

Very good, Kitty, you have correctly defined the term "Male Prostitute"--gay-for-pay--which is exactly what he did. Not only to further his career, but to furnish his apartment and provide pocket money.