T-Pain Is in T-rouble!

11/2/2007 1:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper T-Pain, whose song "Kiss Kiss" with Chris Brown currently tops the charts, was arrested Friday morning in Florida on outstanding warrants.

According to the Tallahassee, Fla. Police Department, the rapper was in town to perform at an event in June when cops saw the rapper driving. After running his record, it was discovered that he had a suspended license, so they issued a warrant for his arrest. He turned himself to the Leon County Jail this morning.

24-year-old T-Pain, whose real name is Faheem Najm, was reportedly charged with driving on a suspended license. There was no bail and he was released on his own recognizance.

UPDATE: A spokesperson from Jive Records issued this statement: "T-Pain was given a few traffic tickets several years ago for minor infractions (speeding ticket, running a stop sign, failure to pay etc.). These were mistakes that Pain made as a young man that just received his driver's license. He did not have the money nor the knowledge at the time to take care of them. The "arrest" this morning was him voluntarily turning himself in. It was scheduled with our local attorney and coordinated with the jail. There was no bail and he was released on his own recognizance within a few hours. He is in transit to his show tonight at the University of South Florida in Tampa and will not miss any scheduled engagements."

by Jennifer

hey what channel is it going to pass ?

cary

And you consider this to be news? Yawn.

me

TMZ sux!

slomoe

Excuse me but who is this dumb, butt ugly nobody? A criminal, oh yeah this is quality reporting TMZ. For LOSERS only.

Tangie

That is one ugly mo-fo!

College Grad

So he got arrested for driving w/ a suspended liscense....wow this is real breaking news! Good try TMZ you almost had the masses up in arms about another "gangsta" arrested. Try a little harder next time.

racist crackers

title says it all

College Grad

LuvTMZ

I Luv celebrity mug shots!

Just Stuff

Kudos TMZ! Keep on reporting those less-than-compelling stories about those less-than-interesting people!

College Grad

@Ed
I don't think someone who sings and dances around all the time could be considered a "gangsta". I think you need to go find out what a real "gangsta" and a real "thug" is. Cause a singing dancing man just don't qualify. LMAO

kim suck

typical !!!!!!!!!!!

The South - THUGLANTA

I'll say it again: ridiculous. I'm sure he "stay" somewhere in or near THUGlanta. The city is over-run.

JaimeNTexas

7. Oh wow, they saw him driving and immediately decided to run his license yeah right, he must have been in a nice car and they couldn't believe someone of color could afford that type of car! He shouldn't have been driving anyways, just like Brit. She drove everyday w/o a license and i know damn well the police know who she is!

Posted at 1:13PM on Nov 2nd 2007 by College Grad and Foreva a fan of HIp HOp

A friend of mine here in Austin gets pulled over like 2-3 times a month. Drives the flyest Jaguar I have ever seen. Has many other cars. But he loves that Jag the best. Dude worked hard for that Jaguar. Started a business cleaning commercial buildings. Dude has like 9 buildings downtown Austin. Self made man. Ain't never been to jail a day in his life. Not even a traffic ticket. LOL People that have never been profiled will never ever in their life know what that feels like. When I say people...you know what I mean...(seems like they get offended when I say White Folx LOL I don't know if this was the situation with my boy Teddy Penderassdoun LOL but that profiling ish is something serious. It's even worse when its our own profiling us.

Alana Joy

T-Pain just keeps messing up! What's he going to do now? Release yet ANOTHER half assed apology song, where in the end he is really blaming everyone else? Fat chance! I hate the way his voice always sounds so mechanized. Can he even sing without all those filters to make him sound good? There are plenty of artists out there that actually have some talent and who wont screw up like he does. Maybe its time we start supporting THEM!

*click on my name, check out my blog! xo

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments