T-Pain Is in T-rouble!

11/2/2007 1:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper T-Pain, whose song "Kiss Kiss" with Chris Brown currently tops the charts, was arrested Friday morning in Florida on outstanding warrants.

According to the Tallahassee, Fla. Police Department, the rapper was in town to perform at an event in June when cops saw the rapper driving. After running his record, it was discovered that he had a suspended license, so they issued a warrant for his arrest. He turned himself to the Leon County Jail this morning.

24-year-old T-Pain, whose real name is Faheem Najm, was reportedly charged with driving on a suspended license. There was no bail and he was released on his own recognizance.

UPDATE: A spokesperson from Jive Records issued this statement: "T-Pain was given a few traffic tickets several years ago for minor infractions (speeding ticket, running a stop sign, failure to pay etc.). These were mistakes that Pain made as a young man that just received his driver's license. He did not have the money nor the knowledge at the time to take care of them. The "arrest" this morning was him voluntarily turning himself in. It was scheduled with our local attorney and coordinated with the jail. There was no bail and he was released on his own recognizance within a few hours. He is in transit to his show tonight at the University of South Florida in Tampa and will not miss any scheduled engagements."

Confused

You guys are rediculous...who is T-Pain??? I can almost GUARANTEE when your out in the club your dancing (or trying to dance at least) to a song he's in and just don't know your music. He's in almost every hott song on the radio right now, are you kidding?!?! We all here in Tallahassee can't wait to see him back on stage at tomorrow night's concert!!

Semper Fi

failure to pay means failure to appear. What the hell did they let him go for? He just won't pay again.

JaimeNTexas

So lemme get this straight. You drive without never even trying to obtain a license and your name happens to be Brittany cool. You drive on a license that is suspended which at a lot of times you don't know until you are pulled over....cause it happened to me...you name is T-Pain you're a rapper....automatically its a "GANGSTA MUSIC" issue. Please White America let me know how you really feel...so I know how to handle y'all fake azzes from now own. I like how the safeness of being behind a computer monitor brings out y'all real truths.

JaimeNTexas's #1 FAN

I BET NOBODY READ THE UPDATE. I made this same mistake with the tickets a long time ago when I was 19. Caught up to me when I was 25. Never happened again. Why the heck did this become a Rap Music issue. Because a rapper got arrested for a damn charge less then a misdemeanor. He'll pay a damn fine.

JaimeNTexas...I love you girl...Every time I see your text, I get excited. You are Phenomenal Woman..that's YOU lol

reggie

Can you name one rapper that doesn't get vilified in the media, just because he has vulgar language or has been arrested a few times. These guys are just like me and you, but for some strange reason, brittney can hit a car , on camera , and be arrested 3 months later, come on.

reggie

LoverGirl

#43 R Zimmerman......

My post was to someone named "Tired of cry baby's" and that is how "they" spelled it. I'll give you an A for effort cause it was a nice try!

LoverGirl

.R Zimmerman.....

The "if you stayed in school" was also a direct quote of what "Tired of cry baby's" said. Read the posts from both of us and then try again! Reading is fundamental!

Come on TMZ

Okay, am I the only one that thinks TMZ needs to do a little bit better. T-pain isn't a rapper. He's a singer. I will give you that he was once a member of a rap group in Tallahassee back when I was in college, but it was never what he was known for. For an online magazine that considers itself "in the know" when it comes to celebrities, I need for TMZ to at least know who they're talking about. And you're right it was Akon, not T-pain, that did the apology song.

PT

What's with all the rapper's getting caught breaking the law finally?? Do they think they are in above the law in this country because they are black, and have a liitle dough?
It appears that the hammer is finally doing the job it is supposed to do... putting criminals behind bars!!

reggie

rappers are not the only people with money that get 's in trouble you jeolous bastard, white folks get away with more crap than any "black rapper"it's people like you that would love to be at crime scene, stupid bastard.

anonymous

i soo did not know t-pain was muslim....wat a bad boi

notgonnafindout

does all your big reports have to be on black people, first lil wayne now t-pain. yall really do suck.

bianka biagi

muito lindoooo... adoro esse negão .. maravilhoso..

bjuu de bia ... ti amo