Drew Carey's Got the Right "Price" for Pot

11/3/2007 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Forget controlling the pet population, new "Price Is Right" host Drew Carey has his own cause -- medical marijuana. Come on down!

The funnyman teamed up with Reason.tv to take a look at the trendy area of Brentwood, Calif. to show how someone can find a place to buy an alcoholic or heavily-caffeinated beverage on nearly every corner -- while the federal government is cracking down on something that can treat the effects of cancer, glaucoma, HIV-AIDS, chronic pain and nausea. Let's see a mocha frappuccino do that!

Carey is hoping the government will reclassify medical marijuana so that those who need it can get it. Maybe he should just give an ounce away in the Showcase Showdown!

mary

Weed Man - you are an insult (joking or not) to this entire forum. It was regarding "medical pot" not "idiotic pot smoking". You are the type of person (joking or not) that I myself cannot abike to listen to. You need to be with someone gravely ill and dying of some horrible disease to understand the reasoning behing this entire forum. I hope you think you are amusing - because you are a JOKE but not a funny one. Grow up man!!

Marlb Man

Mary its all cool dude! You need some reefer--chill out! My grama died-she had cancer but she wasnt as cool as us she wouldnt smoke any herb. We tried to put some in her food though-she just threw it up. She should have hopped on the happy train with me but she liked vodka. To each his or her own. Peace baby!

Here comes the judge

You go Drew! It should be legalized!

Marlb Man

I wanna get a room with that mary chick! She is so cool! I gotta go fill my bong and get wasted again, i just sneezed so i need some green meds!!I loves me pot!!

Star

There are a lot more dangerous drugs out there illegal and Legal, so its not that people want to get high, they want to take something that will help them with the pain. Lets concentrate on the meth and everything else thats actually killing people. Ive never heard of anyone hurting someone else cause they were on pot (alone without another drug) Lets worry about helping people and make it legal FOR THEM not for getting high

Marlb Man

Star, you have a cool name! Wanna get high with me and mary? Mary is so cool, you sound cool too!! If you do smoke with us, you have to say you are doing it for the pain you have. Really important you emember that! I will take a big toke for you star baby. Keep it real,hot momma!!

Star

WEEDMAN.... people like YOU are the reason people dont want mariajuana legalized!!!!!

beefcake

STAR AND MARY>>>>Don't let WEEDMAN bother you. He is heade for trouble with his smart mouth. He is too stupid for his own good. Law Enforcement is in the process of finding the location of WEEDMAN's URL site and some folks will be paying him a visit.

Marlb Man

Ya it is against the law to joke on the internet!! What a moron!!!

Erica

13. Here is why Medical Pot is such a lame ass argument. You all just want to get high,,,,,,,,,,,,thats the REAL reason., you know it, we all know it. A few companies in the USA have already put the chemicals that dull the pain of everything that pot does in PILL form,,,,,,,,,,,,OH but it wont get you HIGH!,,wheres the fun in that. You know You CAN go to your doctor and get these pills to combat your illness but it WONT get you HIGH!,,,,,THIS IS WHY MEDICAL POT is such a JOKE inthe medical and law enforcement and political arenas.,you people just want to get HIGH,,,,,,,,,,,its NOT about any medical issues.............YOU JUST WANT TO GET HIGH!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YOU NOT FOOLING ANYONE!

Posted at 12:44PM on Nov 3rd 2007 by PenisforBrains

Well at least you don't lie about your self! Perfect name. And when you or someone you loves comes down with HIV/ Aids - Cancer - Etc. And you are in so much pain that you want to kill yourself ( Which is also not legal) and you can't swallow a bite of food, at least you can remember that you only want to get high...... really thats the only thing you want, not to lessen the pain, not to numb you so you can forget that your dying. No Its just for fun.
A**hole. I don't do any drugs or alcohol.. have a great life and don't need it to party or get high. My Mother has Colon cancer and would not smoke it even When I begged her too. I would have given my right arm to get her to eat one meal during radiation therapy, and if the Pot could help I would have bought it for her Legal or illegal.
In conclusion Mr. Penis you can go stuff yourself into some dark hole and blow!

Erica

Stop harrassing people on the internet. Oh and here is your clearasil............................
Make sure you do your homework ...
Oh almost forgot, be ready at 10 tommorrow for your ballet recital..

beefcake

Yawn sorry about your mother. If you would have bought it for her you would have been taking a huge chance of getting busted and going to jail. How would you have helped your mother then? I personally don't see a problem legalizing pot except for the fact too many kids would get their hands on it. They already get their hands on it as it is and kids today are crazy enough.

Meklorka

Drew Carey is an idiot.

I live in an area where there are several "medical marijuana" dispenseries. You know what all the people who supposedly have some kind of illness do? First, they go to one of several doctors well known for handing out "prescriptions" for a little extra dough. Then they go to these places, buy their weed and turn around and sell it, sometimes right out in front of one of these places. I've known a lot of people who have done this personally. I also used to live in San Francisco, where they are even MORE of these places. More and more that's where dealers are getting their drugs from. Since they started putting those places in the county where I now live crime has gone through the roof and there are several times more drugs on the street than there were before.

You know why Brentwood has more corner stores than medical marijuana facilities? Because they are rich and smart. I live fairly nearby there. People are rolling in the dough down there and there is absolutely no crime.

And lets not forget that Carey also voted for Dubya!

Erica

#150 - Thanks
And Mom did make it we are on year 7 remission. At 5 foot 10 she slipped down to 115 lbs. So having some solution to the lack of appetite would have been great. Her results are As good as anyone can hope for. The big problem is the stigma attached to pot and the absolute idiots that abuse drugs. This should not be handled through shady dispensaries it should be handled as any prescription drug. There has to be a way. Because quite frankly, the threat of jail is miniscule in the big picture when someone you love is deathly ill. Your also right about the kids. Its always the irresponsible idiots that ruin it for everyone else.

Alan

I knew when Bob Barker left that show would go DOWN HILL ALL THE WAY. And it looks like it is already. Why oh why did they put that jerk in his place? I would rather have seen it go off the air. Carey has no class and when he speaks he mumbles. Oh well , I can stay in bed for an extra hour and wait for the news ( I'm retarted, oops I mean retired)