Drew Carey's Got the Right "Price" for Pot

11/3/2007 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Forget controlling the pet population, new "Price Is Right" host Drew Carey has his own cause -- medical marijuana. Come on down!

The funnyman teamed up with Reason.tv to take a look at the trendy area of Brentwood, Calif. to show how someone can find a place to buy an alcoholic or heavily-caffeinated beverage on nearly every corner -- while the federal government is cracking down on something that can treat the effects of cancer, glaucoma, HIV-AIDS, chronic pain and nausea. Let's see a mocha frappuccino do that!

Carey is hoping the government will reclassify medical marijuana so that those who need it can get it. Maybe he should just give an ounce away in the Showcase Showdown!

Leela

Penisforbrains, good for you!! All these freaking potheads ignore the fact that further studies have proven that there is no actual benefit to getting wasted on pot for "medicinal" purposes. People just get high and of course they forget about the pain but that is what medication is for and I am horrified that my government finally gave in to old hippies screeching about pot being harmless, IT'S NOT HARMLESS!!

www.sugar-shoes.co.uk

oops why alcohol is legal and pot not

Jim

You People keep saying "when legalizing medical marijuana is just an excuse to smoke weed, second hand smoke, driving while high etc, etc." You obviously don't have a clue what it's like to be in so much pain you can't eat or if you do it all comes back up in minutes nor do you know how much a persons life changes when they can't function daily like they did just a few years ago and are missing out on life because they can't leave their house due to the pain and side affects of all the med's they have to take just to be able to function 1/4th. of the way. Also let's not forget the side effects of the med's they have been on for years, their kidneys aren't normal, their liver is damaged, their intestine are abnormal because the med's they take make them constipated and they contract divaticulates. If you haven't walked in their shoes then you have no clue to what they are dealing with everyday and the out look is "No Cure" Nothing can be done except try to make them as comfortable as you can". Don't you know that if we legalized marijuana that you would have to have a doctors script to be able to get it filled, the same as the oxy, morphine and all the other controlled med's out in the market? As for the second hand smoke. It doesn't take a genius to think that the person would most likely use what they call a "one hitter" to were all the smoke goes right into the person that is on the receiving hand and the only worry would be the exhaling of the unabsorbed smoke and that is usually done in the persons own home in their rest room or bedroom where there is almost no chance of "Second Hand" contact. People well try to miss use the drug sure, People do stupid stuff everyday. But don't take my gun away because some kid goes to school and kills 20 of his co students! Get it now? It's not the drug that's the problem, it's the stupid Person that all way's takes the good away from the Person that needs it the most! Educate yourself about drug world and how a Person that has script for pain med's has to go to their doctor once a month to get a new script each month. It's not like it use to be, when a doctor could write you a script for Codeine with 2-10 refills! I know, I'm the one going through all the pain typing just to try and get you to see the reason why some of us would like to be able to have the option of trying to get through a day so I can hold my Grandchild.

Barack

Old broads? Howie F. 72, shame on you. Were you a member of the rat pack? Start smoking again, then you'll be able to see the "old geezer men" in the grocery store on their meds and hitting on your "old broads."

howie f.

Sorry, Betty 74 - I meant to say old bags. The old prune men are deserving of no sympathy, either, but they don't seem to have nearly the same level of dependence on addictive, mind-altering Rx drugs.

Tanker811

In 2001 I fell and broke my back. I smoked pot to help me relax and get my mind off of the constant pain that I have. By smoking some before bed time I was able to get to sleep sooner. After my pain management Dr ran some blood and urine work he found the pot in me. I now take even more pills and have to go through monthly Dr. visits and random drug tests. What a world we live in. It's no wonder why prescription drugs are the choice for getting high.

natural lady

I really look up to Drew and thank him for taking a stand on something so touchy but also something that I think is an important subject that does need to be addressed.
Alcohol is legal and is very deadly when taking either too much or endulging in the very strong beverages . Surely there should be a ban on alcoholic beverages that are over a certain percent in alcohol.
I have been around mj all of my life and I have never ever seen any bad effects from smoking it. I think that mj should be legal period. Not just for medical reasons but just as alcohol or cigs are legal. Actually I would rather see mj legalized and cigs and alcohol banned.
As for the prescription drugs......look at the deaths, overdoses and crimes commited for and because of them.
Let's grow up , get real,get natural.
Just so you know....the Bible says that allthings made by God is good. God provided His people with natural healing herbs to help them exist .
Things made by man are harmful in one way or another.

John C Jackson

Drew has been a friend of Reason for a long time. He has been featured in reason many times talking about his more libertarian views. CBS knew this before he was hired ( unless they are idiots).

Unfortunately in the United States, there are people who believe cancer patients who use marijuana should be executed, or at the very least subject to violent SWAT attacks. One such evil person, Karen Tandy ( DEA chief) was recently rewarded with an executive position with Motorola, a company that also bankrolls propaganda that tries to tie medical marijuna to 9/11 terrorists.

These people are evil un-American enemies of mankind ( I mean the Drug Warriors, not the pot users)

Al

Now I know what Drew is reaching for when he keeps fiddling with his left suit pocket on the Price is Right.

PatinNJ

His Drew Carey show was bad.

Who's Line is it? is awful!

Price is Right is now ruined! He's way too fidgety and too many uh's and um's and not funny or smooth at all.

This guy is a loser.

moretocome

Wow you people are so good at cut and paste, your moms must be proud. We all have access to the internet so cut the crap. If I had "PenisForBrains" I would not be so excited to tell a hundred thousand strangers. But you've proven that you do in fact have penisforbrains. And the by the way, the research at UCLA about Head and Neck cancer in 1999 was proven to be wrong long ago. Catch up!

Thanks.

Bosco

Oh boy, a pharmacutical company has developed a pill that can do what pot does? great, so now I can pay the doctor for a visit and a prescription, then let the pharmacy bleed me for anything I have left....instead of just growing the medication in my backyard for free. Apparently its not medication unless you have to pay the pharmacutical giants. Brilliant.

you're as stupid as you look

DREW NEEDS TO GIVE PRINCE CHARLES A CALL....HE HAS A TIGHTLY CONTROLLED GARDEN OF MARIJUANA GROWING ON THE GROUNDS OF HIS ESTATE IN ENGLAND.... HE IS A MAJOR ADVOCATE MORE MEDICAL CANNIBUS AND ITS MEDICINAL BENEFITS.... I THINK DREW COULD DRAW A WEALTH OF SUPPORT FROM PRINCE CHARLES...

Barack

Thank you, Howie 79 for the sentiment. Your observation may be correct about the users of Rx drugs, I'll have to do some research on that. Of course if it is true, those women are just taking them because you guys are driving them crazy!! JUST KIDDING!

I think we can both agree that we don't wish to see anyone suffer or in pain. If MM is the answer, so be it. Enjoy your evening, Howie F.