Seinfeld to King: "Do You Know Who I Am?"

11/3/2007 5:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's hard to tell when comedian Jerry Seinfeld is joking and when he's serious, but he looked a bit perturbed when Larry King mixed up his details about Jerry's classic show. What's the deal with that?

On Thursday's "Larry King Live," the King asked Jerry if "Seinfeld" was canceled back in the day, and Jerry seemed genuinely shocked that Larry (his "Bee Movie" co-star) didn't know. "You think I got canceled?" Jerry shot back. "=I was the number one show on television=, Larry ... 75 million viewers in the last episode." Clearly, Larry is not master of his domain.

As Larry played it off and went to commercial, Jerry threw in one last zinger: "Can we get a resume in here for me for Larry to go over?" Zing!

Dee

Larry King is by the far the worst interviewer and he knows nothing about what is going on. He gets his information wrong alot. What is it about this guy? He's ugly, not talented at all but yet everyone flocks to his show. He is a softie in interviewing and doesn't ask the tough questions. He's so unattractive, it's hard to watch him.

EAZ

Get over yourself Seinfeld, not everyone watched your show. I think Larry was phrasing the question so that Seinfeld could re-iterate that he cancelled the show (not the network). But his raging narcissism got in the way. People who didn't watch the show might not have known this. Geez, he sounds extremely self-centered and entitled. YUCK.

Nuts

used to like sienfeld show.have second thoughts now.jerry seems like a real ass hole.hard to look at it same now.thanks sienfeld.

Dawn Daveport

If I return it to jay, he need to promise to return it to John Waters--Female trouble (1972).

26. thanks Dawn Davenport for the colorful comment. i however am taking applications for your type of work so if you're in the area, drop by.

btw.. jay mohr wants his joke back from from loveline

Posted at 2:36PM on Nov 3rd 2007 by Glimmerdrive

Dayton Viewer

Once again, The Corpse proves he has no business interviewing anyone, doesn’t do his homework, and is clearly the most overpaid and overrated hack in all of cable news.

Josh

Larry was making conversation, the way talk show hosts do. He said "you gave it up, they didn't cancel you..." And then Jerry needed some material to do his riffing with to make it a stand-up routine because he hasn't done anything since that show, it's the laurel he has to rest on for the rest of his life and he'll never do anything bigger or better. "Seinfeld" was funny, but get off your high horse Jerry.

JustSayin

HELLLOOOOOO!! Journalists often ask basic questions to which they already know the answer, because not everyone WATCHING knows the answer. The question was designed to allow Jerry to say something like, "I wanted to go out on top." Instead he took the opportunity to act like a jerk.

Jeff

Are you guys kidding me? This was totally staged! It has created the buzz they wanted and I think it's genius. Yes, Jerry is a genius.

Switch

Well said Dawn.

you are still welcome to drop by for an application

chattyida

Jerry Seinfeld is the most egotistical, arrogant, self-centred comedian in the business. The show may have had his name on it, but there were other excellent actors/comedians who together with Jerry made the show a success. Too bad Jerry thinks he was the only one on the show. I would never pay to see this guy.

CorkiDeCat

TMZ get a life! I saw the interview and you are blowing this out of portion! Now I have to wonder about your other so called stories.

Fred Flintstone

Who really cares anyway? zzzzzzzzzz

Josh

I'd love to bump into him on the street sometime and say "Hey, don't I know you? Weren't you on TV once?" lol

Lillianne

My favorite moment with Larry: When he asked the mother of Lacey Peterson "The death penalty....is it enough?" She looked at him stupefied like "what else is there?"

Lillianne