'Transformers' Star

Busted in Chi-town

11/4/2007 4:02 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Shia LaBeuofShia LaBeouf was arrested in downtown Chicago early this morning outside a Walgreens after repeatedly being told to leave the store.

Chicago police tell TMZ he was arrested around 2:30 AM this morning after a security guard repeatedly told LaBeouf to leave because he appeared drunk, police said. When LaBeouf refused, the security guard detained him and called police.

Police tell us that Shia was "very courteous and polite" with them and he posted bond before 7:00 AM today. He was charged with misdemeanor criminal trespassing and is scheduled to appear in court on November 28.

LaBeouf's rep could not be reached for comment.

More Today in TMZ History

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

dezz

OMG!!!! hey i still luv u shia!!!

Daneen

There are security guards in Walgreen's? LMFAO!

Cassi

He was courteous and all, but it still doesn't take from the fact that he got drunk. If he did, he should have stayed at home, not gone to Wal-Mart to harass people. Everytime, i read this I get so angry, because I really like him as an actor and a person. Because he was so different from the rest of them, he kept to himself, didn't go to parties...etc..etc. But I'm just so disappointed.

Shia if you're reading any of this, please make this your first offense...and not make this small thing foreshadow what's to come. Prove everyone wrong...don't let Hollywood get the best of you. We liked you before, not like this.

~Cassi.

P.S. I still love Shia, but I hope he gets himself straightened out. nd who knows, it may have not even been like that...it could have been an entire different situation.

MJ

"How did he get to the Walgreens, drunk, at 230am? He DROVE. Drunk. If he were female they'd have cited him for that as well, grabbed the security tape to prove it, etc. Equal justice for celbretards, please!"

He wasn't driving. It is possible to get somewhere without having to drive.

betch

Get off his back. I'm sure almost everyone posted on here has been drunk out in public the only difference here is he's a celebrity so for some reason it's 10x worse because now everyone knows. Who gives? I still love him and wish I was at that same walgreens when he was there.

claude0000

This is the same guy who said a few months back he was not going to fellow in britney and the other young stars footsteps for doing anything stupid do you people remember that but it seems like all the stars are starting to get caught drunk driving and stupid stuff like that

LoverGirl

Well, if Shia was drunk, his charges would have also included public intoxication. Stop making a mountain out of a molehill media! Your audience isn't as dumb as you think. Some of us, read and use logic!

TONY LOPEZ-CISNEROS

Many times I've stopped over at the Walgreen's on Michigan Ave & Chicago Ave to get a bag of chips, some pop and gum (late night snacks) at 2:30 a.m. The security guards over there are African American. One night when I went there, the female security guard started flirting with me and gave me her number. I'm wondering if Shia met that same security guard and refused her advances and flirtations; and then she got offended, angry and vengeful and called the cops on him and had him arrested. This happens all the time in Chicago Walgreenses. It's easy to arrest a person that's intoxicated (famous/infamous); it's much easier to get cheap publicity for a citizens', security-guard's and/or a police-officer's arrest of a celebrity like Shia Labeouf. I'm going to go to Mr. Labeouf's court hearing on Nov. 28th to get the FULL STORY of WHAT REALLY HAPPENED. Presently my bets are ON SHIA LABEOUF that he was UNNECESSARILY ARRESTED; EVEN FALSELY ARRESTED: AS CHICAGO POLICE OFFICERS, THE CITY OF CHICAGO AND COOK COUNTY HAVE BEEN SUED MULTIPLE TIMES IN THE PAST FOR SUCH CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR & OFFENCES !

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5