Copperfield Secret Document

How to Pick Up Chicks

11/5/2007 7:42 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained portions of a secret document from David Copperfield's shows, outlining in extreme detail how the magician's assistants were supposed to rope in the women that David found attractive -- and hold their boyfriends and husbands at bay.

David Copperfield
The document, titled "Show Participation," requires the people who work David's shows to arm themselves with clipboards, a Polaroid camera, a digital camera, brochures of David's islands in the Bahamas and "Blank photo(s) of David (if one of the girls is a scorpion)." "Scorpion" refers to women David brings onstage as part of his act.

The document describes how the assistants need to be heads-up for attractive women whom David can meet backstage after the performance. We're told the plan is to keep boyfriends and husband in the arena, adding "from time to time, boyfriends and husbands will give us a hard time and refuse to stay. If that is the case, try your best to get them to stay and refer to the "What to Say" sheet for help."

And it gets creepier.

According to the document, "On occasion David will have you pull in both scorpions even if he is only interested in one of them, just for comfort."

But wait -- it gets worse. The assistants are told to sell the women before David arrives backstage. They're supposed to say: "Do you know that David has recently bought some islands in the Bahamas? Well they are BEAUTIFUL and we are doing a lot of project (sic) for these islands: Ads, TV, Radio and many other promotions. So we like (sic) to keep in touch with you in case there is a job in the future we think you would be interested in."

According to the document, the women are then supposed to fill out a questionnaire -- "Where are you from... What hotel are you staying in. How long are you in town. Who did you come to the show with? Husband? Boyfriend? Friend?"

And then there's the threatening letter David's lawyer sent to David's employees -- after the investigation was revealed -- telling them they had a duty never to talk about what David was really doing at his show. The plot thickens.

David has been under investigation, after a woman who was in the audience claims he flew her to the Bahamas and allegedly raped her. He denies it.

windy

for my next trick i will make your panties disapear.

windy

i going to kick his ass the pervert.

windy

i saw him on my honeymoon in vegas and my wife disappeared.

windy

scorpions suck.

Whatta loser

Just a clarification:

Read the "show participation" form carefully -- the QUESTIONNAIRE these women are asked to fill out is pretty innocuous -- just some basic contact info and "research" questions about his act to help him with future "illusions".

The CREEPY questions (i.e., What hotel are your staying at? Did you come w/your boyfriend?!) are asked VERBALLY by his PIMPS... They're instructed to make the Q's sound like "small talk" while the victims are filling out the bull-s*** form! Then the pimps scribble down their answers to give to D-head later..

Amy

WOW! I mean I already believed the women's stories but OMG How freaking creepy is this?

cwc

This is not about 'picking up women'. It is not just a clever way to find dates. If the woman is fool enough or stupid enough to not see this is a trap/scheme, the penalty should not be rape.

This is an abuse of power at a minimum and criminal rape potentially.

windy

sigfrid and roy tried to take me to their island.

dorky noise maker

well, how else was he supposed to get girls? he does magic for a living.

dorky noise maker

well, how else was he supposed to get girls? he does magic for a living.

www.dorkynoisemaker.com

emjay

money sure can't buy class, can it?

windy

love hurts. scorpions sting.

girltalk

Quote "113. i saw him on my honeymoon in vegas and my wife disappeared."

Here, watch me make my stick disappear in your wife.

Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President

I love the comments about "trouble" with boyfriends and husbands. You can bet my husband would have a HUGE problem with it (and so would I!), and we damn sure wouldn't be swayed into staying. Have a little common sense, ladies. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!

Apres Ski

If you've noticed, he's always on the look out for 'attractive' women. That leaves out the Plain Janes & the fat ones.

God, it's great to be a Plain Jane!!! And my mother wonders why I don't fix my hair more often!! HA!