Oprah Faces Press in School Scandal

11/5/2007 10:37 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah Winfrey just told the press that the recent abuse charges at her South Africa school has been "one of the most devastating, if not the most devastating experience, of my life."

The talk show queen just gave a live press conference, apologizing for the alleged sexual abuse at The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls, but O remained positive by saying, "No one can destroy the dream I have held, and each girl continues to hold, at the school."

A dorm matron at the Academy was suspended on October 17 and was later arrested on assault, indecent assault and soliciting under-age girls to perform indecent acts. The matron, Virginia Mokgobo, was released today on bail.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Robert "Bob" White!

No one can destroy the dream "she" has held.........me, me, me.....I, I, I.........give me a break!

Dope-ra sucks!

JEEZLOUISE

oh Oprah, it must have been devastating to finally realize- you arent perfect, you are not a god. You are just a talk show host. thats all.....

texas-trailer-park-trash

1st........

Kelli

Good luck to Oprah. I'm sure she will get this under control.What a tragedy when she was doing such a great service to the girls.

hell with them all

Try helping our country out with all your sister big bucks. I don't see others from around the world putting their money her to help are poor kids out. Take call of number 1 first and then if there is some left help them too. Everyone wants to help those who don't even help themselves.

Lenn K.

This is Oprah fault, it the person who committed the acts. Oprah has done a great thing here and she should be patted on the back. No one can control the sickness inside another person and surely Oprah isn't responsible for this person madness.

Allison

Let's see how long it takes her to make this a topic on her show. Oh Please feel sorry for me....please......

Give me a break.

OCD

I agree, Lenn K.

The saddest part is that these girls were probably safer and less abused in the school than they were in their home towns or villages. Life and basic human rights don't mean much in many countries.

Internet Website Designs

poor oprah

craig

It just takes one perverted freak to ruin the lives of so many promising children.

nit2winn

Jennifer,

Goodbye, I really loved you more than anything...

Barbara

fI'm no Oprah fan, but isn't it ironic that the very plague of her own young life, sexual abuse, has come round full circle and despite her "celebrity power" and millions, has come back to haunt her. This is why this is so devastating for her. If it would have been anything else, it would not have hit her this hard. I find her tedious. I feel her show and her life is one big therapy session. No one in this life is safe from evil. And the evil revisited may just do her in. She has been able to be successful and thought she put it behind her, but here it is rearing it's ugly head. It's a shame for those girls who were promised so much. When she says "my girls" I do believe she thinks she can right all the "wrongs" done to her. Well, here it is, back again. It's a shame. It will be interesting to see how she handles it personally because that is what it is, personal for her. It revisits her worst nightmare.

PoorYou

People do good things and then someone sick comes around and screws it all up for everyone. Figures. This is NOT any way shape or form Oprah's fault. She did so much good. This is all so horrible and it should have never happened.

Ed

It's all an agenda, folks. SENATOR Winfrey ... if she can get her buddy Barack in the White House.

donna

She said they they spent alot of times building walls to keep out the rapists because of the statistics in Africa!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments