Trey Songz to Cops: Don't You Know Who I Am?

11/5/2007 4:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

R&B singer Trey Songz was arrested in Springfield, Mass. late Saturday night, when he and several members of his posse got "combative" with police officers. Can't help but wait!
Breaking News
Cops booked Songz, whose real name is Tremaine Neverson, for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Springfield PD tells TMZ that officers were investigating a shot fired in the parking lot after the Songz show, when the singer tried to insert himself into the crime scene investigation. When asked by police to butt out, he responded with, "Don't you know who I am?!" Obviously not.

Trey is scheduled to be arraigned today on the double charge.

truevine

What a wonderful story about an incredibly respectable, admirable young citizen. A true inspiration. My heart bursts with anticipation and appreciation for the future leaders of our world.

tequila

FIRST OF ALL HE IS A SINGER NOT A RAPPER...AND TO THE STUPID A$$ RACIST PEOPLE ON THIS COMPUTER SHUT THE F**K UP..I HATE YOU ALL. YOURE ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT RAP MUSIC AND HOW ITS DUMB. I BET YOU CANT SAY IT TO THEIR FACE. ITS ALWAYS A BUNCH OF PUNK BI**HES HIDING BEHIND THE COMPUTER. ITS ALMOST 2008, GET A LIFE A$$HOLES

**Quiet Storm**

This is so ridiculous it isn't even funny! If TMZ is going to post a story, the least they could do is post the real thing and not some BS just because. The situation didn't even happen like that and I wish people would take the time to do their jobs right.

Trice

LOL...so I'm assuming people who cannot read only post stupid comments on TMZ...It clearly states that Trey Songz is a R & B singer...If you don't know that I suggest you come out from under that rock you live under. If he was a "nobody" TMZ wouldn't have taken the time out and make this a post on their website...As for the rapper comments...They're not the only people in the media getting arrested...this is about the 4th page that I've clicked on and this has been the 1st of "color" who has been arrested..and guess what he's not a rapper...and it not guy's like this that give African American's a bad name..its stupid people who blame others for how they're classified...If your doing what your supposed to be doing no one would have the reason to say "oh its one of them"....Get it together!!!!!!

truevine

Anyone who has common sense would be able to tell that Mr. SongZ was trying to assist the police in the investigation of the gunshots report. It is obvious from the fact that he has already been booked and arraigned that Mr. SongZ merely wanted to go home- in order to continue concentrated efforts to help others in need: abused women, diseased and forgotten babies, abandoned pets, the neglected elderly, war-ravaged children, etc. - as well as planning to finish reading several texts on physics, European history, and international business law - and calling his grandmother just to tell her he loved her. He was viciously and unjustifiably arrested and detained by the crazy police after politely asking the the officers if they would need his most humble assistance. What a shame. Damn those policemen with theot badges and pistols. Such cowards on a daily basis. My condolonces and heartfelt support go out to this courageous young man for daring to stand up to such denegrating treatment and attitude by the crazy police. God bless him.

Rae

First off, he's not a rapper. I hate that whenever White people see an African American recording artist he's automatically a rapper. He's a singer, and a very talented one. He's not a criminal, at all. He doesn't sing about criminal activity, unless you consider love and sex a crime.... And what happened at the show is, he was trying to get in the car but his entourage people were like "No, let's just get out of here," so they started to walk away. Then they were stopped by the police, who proceeded to ask them if they could search them. The road manager told them okay, but he gave him a warning about the show money they'd just recieved, so as to curb suspicion about it. When the officers got rough with the stage manager, the bodyguard stepped in. The officers then proceeded to take the bodyguard to the ground and beat him with night sticks. When other officers began to laugh, Trey said "That is not funny," and he got a little irate. Then four officers proceeded to take him down, kicking him in his ribs. After all of this, the officers proceeded to arrest Trey, the road manager Bobby, and the bodyguard Jasper. They were released, and are now considering taking legal action against the overzealous officers. I don't care what you say, and maybe because of the race difference you don't quite understand, but getting upset with an officer shouldn't garner a full fledged beat down. I've gotten upset with an officer and the most that I got was "Ma'am, calm down," yet my brother, who is a large Black male, got cuffed and slammed against the hood of the cop car. My brother was just home for college and we were enjoying a meal at a soda parlor, when he got arrested for "fitting the description." Now, because Trey is a less known artist to main streamers like yourselves, a group of middle aged White police officers probably didn't know who he was, and yes... he "fit the description." Think about it. Black, corn rows, 24 years old, hip-hop gear... oh yes to you that equal thug doesn't it. If you think Tremaine Neverson is a thug, you my friend are a racist. There is not much thuggishness about an R&B crooner. But you probably think Chris Brown and Omarion are thugs, too. Trey did absolutely nothing, aside from give an AMAZING show that night. Stop being ignorant and racist, and learn the real story. Thank you, and goodnight.

anonymous

Shut up you racist bastards! Every race has flaws. Just because you don't listen to or like some R&B or Rap does not give you the right to make racial comments. I am not African American by the way nor hispanic; just stop being so damn close-minded.

taylor

yes mii trey songz iz real n he is not anybodys rapper n is makin more moeny than all uz haters

Taniyah

I know who Trey Songz is and I hope that he's OK where ever he is.I love Trey Songz and he is a hard working singer.I hope that he dosen't have to do alot of jail time because the music industry needs him.I just hate all of this negativity towards him.Nobody needs to go through that.I just hope that he'll be OK.

Courtney

First off he's not a rapper and not a bad person. I'm sure that the cops could have handled the situation better. You people just run your mouth and know nothing. Just hush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAN OF STEEL

YOU SHOULD ALL THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK, AND YES HE IS AN R AND B SINGER NOT A RAPPER....YOU SHOULD ALSO NOT GET INVOLVED IN A POLICE MATTER UNLESS YOU'RE A WITNESS OR INVOLVED AND ONLY WHEN YOU ARE ASKED FOR ASSISTANCE OR INVOLVEMENT.. HE MADE A MISTAKE AND I AM SURE HE WILL LEARN FROM IT..NOBODY SHOULD PULL OUT THE RACE CARD UNTIL THE FACTS COME OUT OF WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN THE ALTERCATION.... TREY SONGZ DOES HAVE POTENTIAL OF STARDOM AND HAS A GREAT VOICE , BUT YES, NOT MANY PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT HIM..I SAY IT IS TRUE THOUGH THAT THERE IS ALOT OF TALENTLESS HIP HOP AND R AND B ARTISTS OUT THERE RIGHT NOW THAT ARE MAKING ALOT OF MONEY AND WILL JUST FADE AWAY NOT TO BE HEARD OF AGAIN...MUSIC IS IN A SAD STATE BUT I DON'T THINK TREY SONGZ IS ONE OF THEM.I HOPE THAT HE COMES OUT OF THIS STRONGER THAN EVER AND TURNS IT INTO A POSITIVE........

jasmine

why everybody tryna play my dude trey songz? truth be told, he's way more talented than any of those other r&b singers that people listen to. stop hatin on trey & stop being racist PERIOD. racism is the root of events like the jena 6, and now this. he didn't do anything wrong, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. with that being said, i'm finished

CLEARITUP

FYI... TO EVERYONE WHO'S DUMB ENOUGH TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ...

Trey is NOT a rapper... TREY was not involved in this BS... Trey did NOT ask "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" ... All he tried to do was explain to the cops that his vehicle was parked in the back lot where all the shooting had happened so his manager was trying to get him out of that situation so that it would not cause another chaotic situation for the police tryin to control the crowd. How do I know? I was there... Stop actin like the media is the BIble... if you can question the Bible then doubt the source you read. And then you wonder why celebrities act the way they do...

Pianistmanynv

He's not a rapper he's a singer...and they arrested him for no apparent reason...so there ya go...there was shooting, and he was arrested because the cops were treating his bodyguard like crap, so of course he's gonna say something.

Trey songz is an r&B artist so if you don't listen to the music of course you are not going to know who he is...don't down grade hip hop ,R&B, or any other type of URBAN songs because of whats going on