Judge to Rita Cosby -- Something Fishy

11/6/2007 9:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A judge has ruled that there's a lot of evidence that former MSNBC anchor turned author Rita Cosby crossed the line in writing her tell-all book about Anna Nicole Smith.

Howard K. Stern is suing Cosby, claiming she defamed him in the book by saying there are witnesses -- two nannies -- who say Anna Nicole had a video of Stern and Larry Birkhead having sex.

A federal judge in the Southern District of New York issued an order today in the wake of Stern's allegation that Cosby "sought to tamper with two witnesses by offering to pay them thousands of dollars for their testimony." The judge allowed Stern to probe the allegation, concluding he has "presented substantial -- indeed troubling -- evidence that Cosby has sought to improperly influence witnesses..."

In a statement to TMZ, Rita Cosby said <"I am pleased that the Court will get to the bottom of these unfounded allegations. I trust that when all the facts come out that a very different picture will be shown."

Twelve Days in Houston

Rita's Book of Lies and she got busted on tape bribing Inquest Witnesses!

what

Betsy

Finally someone is going to stop this money hungry liar. She never saw the videos yet she writes about them. She should end up in jail for her deeds.

Darla

Finally someone with some sense seeing Rita going too far. It was bad enough she was at Anna's funeral what business did she have being anywhere near the family? Now she wants to sell some books based on fourth handed information? I believe in freedom of the press, but not in making up crap to suit your bottom line!

testing

We support you all the way Howard and know that you could never hurt Anna and Daniel, not even by mistake. The love you had for them was and is deeper than any ocean.

Rita Cosby, must be one stupid lady to write anything, about anyone she could not personally prove and provide the actual evidence for. We are all aware the O'Quinn, Virgie and others encouraged her and used her stupidity for their own means, indirectly, one way or another.

Karma all the way for these dark souls. God bless you Howard.

windy

my gf says rita cosby is a biatch. so she is biatch.

lizouttavegas

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!! ALSO YOUR REPUTATION!!

PUT UP OR SHUT UP

LETS NOT FORGET WHAT RITA SAID OUT OF HER OWN MOUTH. WE ALL HEARD IT WITH OUR OWN EARS.

The transcript,” writes the judge, “shows Cosby talking to Bain about a payment of $3,000 or $3,000 an hour that would ostensibly be to pay the nannies attorney for drafting an affadavit, with the understanding that “she (the attorney) can do whatever she wants with the money once I give it to her.’”

The order cites Cosby’s “reluctance to pay more.” Chin quotes from Cosby on Bain’s audiotape:

“I cannot do much more because then it would look outrageous,” she says. “You know what I mean? Because the problem is now that I’m dealing with the court thing, yo have to understand, my thought’s it’s going to come back.”

“This doesn’t mean that down the road I can’t do more,” the judge quotes Cosby as saying. “You know what I mean?”

“If I can get her (the attorney), if she gives me a bill saying, you iknow, that it’s for consultation, investigation, however you phrase it, consultation, investigation, preparation, execution of the affadavit, for the nannies relating to, you know, whatever, the sex tape, or however we want to phrase it, you know, or this affadavit that that way. And then she can send copies of the affadavit. Then I wouldn’t you know, I don’t see that taking up alot of her time or alot of the nannies time.”

Twelve Days in Houston

Rita's Book of Lies sources were:

Nannies: Said it never happened

Jackie Hatten: She's in hiding and ran instead of standing by Rita.

Virgie Arthur: Well she just 'LOVES' a book that trashes ANS and Dannielynn will have to read one day.

Don Clark: Works for Virgie's lawyer O'Quinn. He was paid by O'Quinn to dig up information on HKS. Looks like he got his information WRONG or just plain LIED.

Opri: Judge orders Jury X2. I started to wonder if she was doing her own lawsuits. She actually thought the Judge was going to buy her story that LB never signed anything until Sept. 30 even though her bill said Sept. 29.

What's up with a publishing co. Hatchette allowing the chance of a $60 MILLION Libel Suit? Hatchette is just as responsible in this.

Tootsie

I just can't understand why someone as supposedly savvy as Rita Cosby would put her reputation on the line by writing so much unsubstantiated stuff.......or not try to corroborate her information with more than one source. Sad stuff, especially when she is trying to make someone else look bad!

diane

Someone give her a cough drop

windy

do u think rita had sex with larry king?

Drama Continues!

21. The gay thing one took two pages. The rest of the book told a story about Annas life.

Posted at 8:24PM on Nov 6th 2007 by What a bunch of closeted Gays

Now tell me what the hell Rita knew about Anna's life? Other than what was in the news? And what she was told my people that were not in her life for many years. Did you see her 1/2 sister got a boob job? She didn't even know Anna.....
People are oh so stupid!
I am a Howard K Stern supporter....not a Larry Birkhead supporter or a Vergie Arthur supporter. Howard is getting a lot of crap and lies lies lies about him and his family. It's terrible the way americans treat each other. I hope he does make a new life for himself in the Bahamas or where ever....cause people here are cruel!

Drama Continues!

And Rita needs to stay off TMZ blogs too! LMAO

notaceleb

It's time that Rita Cosby sinks like the Titanic.