Judge to Rita Cosby -- Something Fishy

11/6/2007 9:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A judge has ruled that there's a lot of evidence that former MSNBC anchor turned author Rita Cosby crossed the line in writing her tell-all book about Anna Nicole Smith.

Howard K. Stern is suing Cosby, claiming she defamed him in the book by saying there are witnesses -- two nannies -- who say Anna Nicole had a video of Stern and Larry Birkhead having sex.

A federal judge in the Southern District of New York issued an order today in the wake of Stern's allegation that Cosby "sought to tamper with two witnesses by offering to pay them thousands of dollars for their testimony." The judge allowed Stern to probe the allegation, concluding he has "presented substantial -- indeed troubling -- evidence that Cosby has sought to improperly influence witnesses..."

In a statement to TMZ, Rita Cosby said <"I am pleased that the Court will get to the bottom of these unfounded allegations. I trust that when all the facts come out that a very different picture will be shown."

Twelve Days in Houston

In a statement to TMZ, Rita Cosby said

Blah blah blah

Where is Rita hiding out? Rita, you screwed up big time. I can't stand HKS, but check out the facts before publishing them.

abby

who cares if stern and birkhead had sex? and if these nannies did or did not see a tape. there is way too much $$$ floating around to trust it one way or another........besides, it is sad that our courts are hearing this mess instead of a case against stern who kept anna doped up while exploitin her in front of america FOR YEARS until it finally killed her. it is not like he ever hired lynn wood to protect HER reputation! anna nicole smith has been victimized and exploited in life and death by this man... yet our courts are hearing cases about his tarnished reputation!!!! way to go lady justice

Twelve Days in Houston

..”Rita Cosby said "I am pleased that the Court will get to the bottom of these unfounded allegations. I trust that when all the facts come out that a very different picture will be shown."

***

Hey OsitO. Looks like her attorney did tell her to lay low. Rita’s statement is the exact same as her attorney’s in court just in different words!!

notaceleb

I have to say, Rita wrote a rag when she wrote about Birkhead and Stern having sex; but, I think Stern is pretty creepy and should be kept under suspicion for Anna Nicole's death.

He's just another Idiot

Rita Cosby is a lying dirtbag. She had no evidence but proceeded to write a book trashing Stern and Larry, anyway. I'm glad she's being sued. You can tell by looking and listening to her she has rocks for brains. What some people will do for publicity and money !!!!!! I hope she has to pay big bucks.

Clarita

Poor Rita, she has no voice so now she writes a book on garbage about garbage, which she is!!! Never could stand that so called woman. Know what I am saying Rita????

John

People like Rita Cosby and other media that fallow stars have just gotten way out of line. I honestly wise some soft of government legislation would put a stop to this. Rita Cosby and that attorney friend of hers are slim balls they both should be in jail or something !

jmo

Of course he wants to expedite discovery. He wants to win the lawsuit before any more Anna Nicole videos surface showing what a peach of a guy he is. The more dirt that surfaces, the less chance of finding 12 sympathetic people to say he was defamed. I’d say he’s done a pretty good job of that all by himself.

This whole Anna Nicole story is like watching sharks trying to eat each other. I don't see any good guys here. That poor baby. You have to wonder how her life is going to turn out.

oxyclean

I got that dumb book and will sell it on eBay for a ton of money and then make Howard K. fall in love with me for my great character.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING GRANDMA & DANIELYNN.......

RITA'S MISTAKE WAS NOT TO HAVE INTERVIEWED THE NANNIES FIRST INSTEAD SHE WROTE THE BOOK BASED ON CREDIBLE SOURCES: HOWEVER I STRONGLY BELIEVE THE NANIES WANT BIG MONEY TO TALK NOW BUT THE GAY TAPE DOES EXIST.!!! ITS A FACT!

RITA PERHAPS MADE A BOOOBBOOO BUT STERN KILLED 2 PEOPLE WITH DRUGS.

DON'T LOOK THE SPEC OF DUST ON RITA'S EYES LOOK AT THE HEAVY LOG CRIMINAL STERN IS CARRING ON HIS EYES! HE IS AN EVIL MAN, DESTROYED 2 PEOPLE'S LIFE WITH DRUGS!

Paula

Actually, is it anybody's business who sleep's with who? What if they did? She should be sued, it was none of her business and she had no right to write the book. And isn't little Danielynn precious.

Debi Davis

No, I don't think Rita did Larry King.....I think she did Virgie.

abby

stern should not be able to win anything in a defamation suit against cosby. his reputation has NO VALUE. the man participated in aiding a pregnant woman in blatent drug abuse by getting her drugs in HIS name. I don't care what cosby's book says, it cannot make his reputation any worse than that! so even if he wins, he shouldn't be compensated for damage to his reputation.

windy

rita sounds electric saw on crack.