Star Chews the Fat on Bypass

11/7/2007 4:27 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Star Jones finally appears to be comfortable talking about her gastric bypass surgery -- it only took 4 years!

On her Court TV talk show today, Star had a guest who endured a similar procedure, and Jones chided her for not getting mental help after the surgery!

Listen to Star, she's a lawyer!

Lid

I think people like Star who go the surgery route and don't even admit to it cheapen it for people like me who bust they're butts and sweat and work it off! 120lbs. in 22 months ALL BY MYSELF!!!

medicswife

A wanna be Oprah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think there are to many shows like hers already.Get Lost

ATX

Please stop writing about this woman. We aren't interested in her. I don't know why they (Court TV) haven't pulled her show yet. Everyone hates it. It is a waste of air time. We would rather be watching live trials, but now that she is on, we are missing them and have to watch clips the next day.

judgingotherssux

Star how can you be so decietful and full of malice..pray my divastaple.stomech.get real your the problem and you know you were caught in a lie...Admit itStar your star is falling..

Always Curious

Well it only took the lanch of her own tv show to loosen those hideious lips on that turtle faced woman. Still it is that star working it for all it's worth to get free publicity and anything else free that she can.

Nani

She looks horrible... almost scary.

Pennie

TMZ why do you keep posting this person on your site. Don't you get it. No one wants to see her ugly mug. BTW love #3 post, too funny...

Kathie is a phony

PLAIN AND SIMPLE...SHE'S UGLY, SHE'S STUPID, SHE'S A LIAR, AND WE HATE HER SORRY, SAGGY, WRINKLED BLACK ASS!

celebrity.web.net

some people are starving to death.
imagine that.

CosMessy Surgery

I think Star Jones looks really weird now!!! I don't want to look at her. She looked much
prettier when she was fat. I think her husband and Oprah's boyfriend should get together. Stedman is truly creepy guy!!!! Yuck!!!!!

Lerch

She looked better FAT.

Terry

she appears to have had a few in the vid I watched here...."where's that driver" hick up.
Not that there is anything wrong with that!
I still cannot figure out why this woman is so disliked.
" she used her fame! " They all use their fame!
Give me something I can understand already. I think it's just popular now to hate her? I could care less either way I never watched anything she has been on, but am puzzled by it all.

joe man

Ok so why is she interviewing a ugly woman in order to justify getting gastric surgery? That other woman looks worse than Star Jones. Oh wait, that's the reason. That hick is uglier than her so she feels pretty. Poor ugly blonde don't realize she's been used. Both make me want to throw'em a paper bag.

My Story

Thank You all who posted. No Star did not chide me for not seeking mental health counseling. Did you watch the whole story? Nope, probably not. Did TMZ post the whole story? Nope, they sure didn't. Sorry you all feel the way you do. It was a wonderful segment and Star was "IS" a very kind person.....Enjoy your day!

mimi

In reply to post #38 - Star Jones is disliked by many because she fearlessly (& fecklessly) repeatedly revealed in her comments made on "The View" that she is a selfish, arrogant, thoughtless, divaesque bitch. She also refused, apparently due to pride, to acknowledge that she had surgery for weight loss, earning her the enmity of all chubby Americans!! (She had stated that portion control & pilates were her weight loss aids - right - If you saw her scarf down food samples & "ride" a bike on TheView, you'd understand how maddening her refusal to come clean was - it's as though she couldn't admit that she, like most, was defeated by diets.) I appreciated the intelligence, hard work, & drive that allowed her to attain a law degree & overcome cancer, but her unmatched egotism unfortunately nearly negated her achievements. Although Star is coming across as a lot more human & humble in her new TV show (& even had a GREAT row with Ann Coulter!!) I just can't believe she's really changed her stripes.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3