Willie's Fillies Need Your Help

11/11/2007 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Willie NelsonIn addition to being an outspoken activist for ... um, herbal remedies, country music icon Willie Nelson has another cause close to his heart: horses. Of course he does -- he's Willie freakin' Nelson!

Willie himself has personally rescued a number of horses, and he sits on the Board of Directors of a group called Habitat for Horses. On November 13 and 14, Willie and daughter Amy, Bo Derek and the luscious Barbi Twins -- are all going to Capitol Hill to voice their support for the American Horse Slaughter Prevention Act. Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to slaughter horses!

The country outlaw even wrote a passionate letter to his fans to implore them to help. Click here to read it.

COMMENTS

Lenn K.

I thought he was dead from all the drugs and women he been through. What about the IRS?

eyeamtym

i love horses and animals more than people sometimes i think. but if people want to rescue animals sometimes they need to use their money not ack taxpayers to do it. i use my money for my causes and dont ask for help

Kelli

This Texan loves Willie!

I'm starting to like this guy.

Laughing my ass off that pot smokin' old tax evader is dating Cindy Sheehan, who is now running for Senate in the Baghdad by the Bay.

WTH are people in San Francisco smoking? It can't just be the Willie-Weed!

windy

save the horses i got my first orgasm riding one.

George Clooney is a Pu$$y

You celebrates are rich so why not use your own money for your little Save the _______. (You fill in the blank). I am tired of the rich celebrates being so passionate about there little projects, but when it come to putting their fortunes behind it that's where the buck stops. They ask us poor people for the money while they go on living the lives of the rich and famous.

Here is an idea you rich celebrates who have little projects going and you are asking money for it. First, you give every penny you own to it. Second, you come ask me, and when I see that you are so passionate about your horses that you are no poor like me. I will give you money for you cause.

mick

Willie is not dating Sheehan, he's been happily married to Annie for years. And the IRS was paid back in full, because Willies good friends (Kris Christoferson and others) paid it off for him because of all the things he had done for them over the years. As for divorces and such, until you walk a mile in someone elses shoes, don't be so fast to judge. He's proved his patriotism by his actions over the years.

windy

save the horses so i can get close aarmy brat's sweet smell.

BUC

Hey Willie, put the bong down and come out an see whats happening to Americas horses. They aren't worth the price of rolling papers. As soon as you're willing to take the excess UNWANTED horses I will get right behind you.

Sorry, I'm still LMAO...a drug user, a washed up actress and a couple of skanks going to Capitol Hill.....good luck! LOL To bad the "anti's" can't get any real people on their side....Oh yeah, they do Hillary Clinton....LOLOLOLOLOL

Boycot all Jesses Business

Thank You Willie, Texas loves you. And he is not dating Cindy.

Insert comical name here

I love Willie. Horses are a bit of a hard case. Very few people have the space or the resources to devote to rescue horses. We as a country do a horrible job with household pets such as dogs and cats, I think horses are maybe out of reach. Again, I love Willie and think this is a good cause, I just don't see too many solutions to the problem.
P.S.-Never heard the Cindy S thing before, please say it ain't so.

Hollywood's a Hazard

Willy, Your always on my mind. Guess I'm crazy for loving you. This is a noble cause.

celebrity.web.net

i'd do em

Connie

I have a solution, crack down on casual breeding. It's not just dog and cats, it happens with horses too. It's not as 'easy' having horse rescues, so most end up at the slaughter house. Good horses too, although any and all deserve better. It can be stopped, if people would realize simply having a mare and access to a stallion isn't a valid reason to breed. You shouldn't produce foals simply because you can, rather only the best of the best should be bred and even then only for a valid reason. Dogs and cats are often bounced from home to home, even more so with horses. A weanling might be sold to a good home, but that doesn't mean it won't end up in slaughter at some point in it's life. There are plenty of horses (including PLENTY looking for new homes now), please stop casual breeding. It's true--if you're not part of the solution, you're a part of the problem.

bethany

The horse slaughter sleaze has been an ugly secret in America for a long time

Thank you Willy!