Fire Dept. Called to Donda West's Home

11/12/2007 6:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Dr. Donda West was at her home when 911 was called.

We're told that at 7:35 PM Saturday night, paramedics responded to a 911 call and transported West to nearby Centinela Freeman Hospital in Marina del Rey. We're told it was a "sick person call."

A hospital spokesperson tells TMZ that an unresponsive West was brought to their ER around 8:00 PM Saturday night. They attempted to resuscitate her, but were unsuccessful. She was pronounced dead around 8:30 PM that night.

Marlb Man

Who be kane's Daddy?

connie rocco

PRAYING FOR KANYE AND HIS MOM! I HOPE SHE DID NOT SUFFER! KANYE-REMEMBER JESUS WALKS WITH YOU!!!! GOD BLESS YOU BOTH!!!

Narcissa

I suppose he'll manage to find some way to blame this on President Bush. In the meantime, you'd think she'd have prioritized on getting those teeth of hers fixed before insisting on going under the knife.

But the fact that she refused to listen to sound medical advice regarding the dangers of her undergoing purely cosmetic surgery, that tells me everything I need to know about her priorities.

Still, I'm sure Bush and Cheney had their hand in this somewhere!

connie rocco

PRAYING FOR KANYE AND HIS MOM!!! KANYE-REMEMBER JESUS WALKS WITH YOU!!! GOD BLESS YOU BOTH AND TAKE CARE OF YOUBOTH!!!

Barack

I don't know what some of you people are looking at, but based on that photo shown here, Ms West looks terrific. She could pass for his girlfriend. I can't believe that's his mother.

It's a darn shame. Condolences to the West family.

SUN

Funny, how all the racist of the world look for any article on a black person to respond to. How sad, its usually the same ignorant ass stuff. You closet racists need to visit the k.k.k website with your fellow brethren.

Dispicible human beings that you are. For anyone to sit in judgment on what this woman should or shouldnt have is idiotic. The reason many of you would never have this type of surgery- is you simply cant afford them. I am sure you red-necks could have died from an infection, or contracted H.I.V when you got your tattoos, but you did it anyways.

Cant even respect the loss of a life- only because they happen to be black.

R U Kidding Me???

Hey I mean to say... Shouldn't it be I meant to say??? I know racism and ignorance comes in more than one color. You're proving it. I will not use the seriousness of the loss of a life to state only the facts, I'm sure there will be other opportunities. Please find someone else on here to continue your irrelevant conversations with.

Once again, my condolences go out to Kanye and Dr. West's family.

LAME

R U Kidding Me?

Yeah, I suppose you could say I meant to say.... but that's not the name I decided to use today. However, I did not disrespect Mrs. West what-so-ever. I was only stating a fact to your comment. Feel free to ignore this comment, but i'm tired of blacks calling all "whites" racist. Again ignorance comes in all colors!

RIP Mrs. West - and I do feel sad for Kanye's loss, I know he loved his mom dearly.

BBROWN

KONYE portrays this street Kid??/ What a joke His mother was a doctor and professer. Stop lying about where your from, Yo sound like VANILLA ICE Gimme a break yu wanna be polo sweater!!

melis

I would not be surprised if it came out that she had a pulmonary embolism. basically a blood clot from surgery that travels to the lungs. so sad.

DO YOU KNOW?

To #140

About #45

LOL!!! How true!! I read about the "propensity" and thought about the young white men I have to supervise -- they have been in more rehabs and jails than Andy Reid's sons -- and I had to chuckle. Substance abuse isn't funny, of course. But now sentencing for powder coke WILL BE THE SAME as for crack. Let's wait and watch the jail populations.

tara

Heart breaking!

Soldier

I'm so very sorry to hear this bad news, Kanye you and your family are in my prayers. My God keep you and yours..

From a Soldier of the 101st Air Borne Division Fort Campbell, Ky

YES REALLY!?

I FEEL FOR THE FAMILY.POOR KANYE.

She

My heart and prayers go out to the entire West family at such a time as this. We are truly never prepared to bid farwell to our loved one(s) but as my grandmother would say,"Every Good-bye Ain't Gone" God's mercy and grace will allow us to meet again for the "Grand Finally" and we will then be together forever amidst love, peace & laughter. Know in your hearts this only temporary! Kanye: God needed an "Angel" and knew that she was perfect for his calling also know how truly blessed you are to have been raised by an "Angel."