Fire Dept. Called to Donda West's Home

11/12/2007 6:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Dr. Donda West was at her home when 911 was called.

We're told that at 7:35 PM Saturday night, paramedics responded to a 911 call and transported West to nearby Centinela Freeman Hospital in Marina del Rey. We're told it was a "sick person call."

A hospital spokesperson tells TMZ that an unresponsive West was brought to their ER around 8:00 PM Saturday night. They attempted to resuscitate her, but were unsuccessful. She was pronounced dead around 8:30 PM that night.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

Sarah

Condolences to the Kanye West family on the demise of your dear mom.

God Bless

Laure H

My sincere condolences go out to Mr. West on the loss of his beloved mother. It is hard to bury your mother ,especially when they are so young and beautiful as Mrs. West was.Judt rember Mr. West she will "ALWAYS" be with you as long as you keep the memories of her in your heart.I know what it's like to bury your mother my mother passed away 3 years ago and it still seems like yesterday,the pain does get easier as time goes on. Just keep on doing what your doing Mr. West by continuing to make your mother proud. May God bless you.

Buster

George Bush hates plastic surgery.

Insightful1

People sicken me at how cruel and uncaring they can be! #7...#11...I mean, people can really be this cold and callous and uncaring! No matter what...this man had lost his Mother entirely too early! May his family find peace in the days to come.

dondiva1977

MY HEART GOES OUT TO KAYNE AND THE FAMILY OF MS. WEST. IT IS UNFORTUNATE THAT SOMETHING SO TRAGIC HAPPENED AT ONE OF THE HIGH POINTS OF KAYNE'S CAREER. I HOPE THAT HE WILL BE ABLE TO CONTINUE HIS CAREER.

My mom is gone too...

awww...you are going to hell in gasoline drawers for that link to the so called 911 call...when anything bad happens to you or anyone you care about, remember your heartlessness toward Dr. West death when you cry out WHY???...Karma is a sure thing...you and everyone else with get what is coming to you for being so evil...watch and see.

Mrs Mom

I can't understand why people would b so ugly, May God help us all. Remember what your mother said " if you don't have anything nice 2 say you should'nt say anything. I pray for you you pray for me.

Great Grandma Angie

I feel so sad that this educated beautiful woman died so young. God bless you Tanye, your mother is in heaven now, watching over you. She will be with you always. You will always feel her love until you die and meet her in heaven. Continue to make her proud in the way you live your life. I will pray for you. God loves you.

A Friend from the Chi

To ALL the cowards that posted those cruel an insensitive comments about Mr. Kanye West and Mrs. Dr. Donda West... ( his mom, May she R.I.P.) It's so obvious who you idiots are...Regardless of what or whom caused her death.. she is gone forever and a family is devastated. You people dislike Kanye because He's black, he speaks his mind and he got billions. You people are so PATHETIC. MAY GOD BE WITH KANYE AND HIS FAMILY.

ShaQuita

kanye my heart goes out to you, and your family. please keep your head high and contiune to be successful in everything that you do. Kanye your mom Donda will always be with you, and waiting on her dear son in Heaven. God Bless Kanye and his family.

PUDDIN0405

I ABSOLUTELY KNOW WHAT TYPE OF PAIN THAT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ARE GOING THROUGH.MY MOM DIED A SIMILIAR DEATH DUE TO COMPLICATION FROM A KNEE SCOPE. THE BEST THING I CAN SAY TO YOU IS THE LAST ADVICE MY MOM GAVE TO ME AND THAT WAS," TO ASK THE LORD TO GIVE YOU THE STRENGTH YOU NEED TO FACE WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU'RE ABOUT TO FACE." THIS STATEMENT HAS GOTTEN ME THROUGH THESE LAST TWO YEARS .I WILL KEEP YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IN MY PRAYERS.

1Love

My condolences go out to Kanye and his family following this tragedy. Please people, have more LOVE for this man and his family in his time of need. If you still have your mother, you are blessed. What feelings would you have if you lost her ? Please pray for Kanye and his family. My prayers go out to Kanye and his family.

linda williams

Let the West famiy mourn in peace, this is so sad, the comments some people have choosen to say. We will always miss you
Mrs West.----------------------------------------------------------P.S. All of Detroiters love you so much.

TT

HEY KANYE. I JUST WON'T TO SAY MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. I KNOW YOU GOING THROUGH IT. BUT KEEP YOU HEAD HIGH. AND NO THAT YO MOTHER IS A ANGEL NOW WATCHING OVER YOU. STAY STRONG BABY. KEEP YO HEAD UP. REST IN PEACE DR. DONDA WEST.

Tianna

She seeked the advice of a Professional surgeon "prior" to the doctor that performed the surgery, so she knew full well what she was setting her self up for. I guess only the Lord knows why she went on ahead & did those 2 surgical procedures, without taking on the helpful advice of the first doctor she spoke to. Why she wanted to go home following the surgery rather than staying in RECOVERY the suggested 48 hours is beyond me as well (given her age). I guess some questions are meant never to be answered.
She went home waaaay to soon after the surgery. There was too many risks against her for her to go home after the surgery.

Very sad & scary. My heart goes out to Kanye West & the family. As far as a "Law Suit"...Kanye can join the list of folks that already sued this Doctor (Jan Adams). It is surprising that Kanye himself wouldn't take more time in finding a qualified surgeon with a good background history of patients to perform this surgery on his mother. I know it all boils down to his mother being grown & doing what she felt would make her happy, but as her child I would have (personally) advised my mom against the surgery insisting she didn't need to go under the knife, no matter if she could afford it or not. Her age alone put her at higher risk for complications, as well possible pre-existing medical conditions. I would have sat her down & (in tears--if it came to that) I would have tried my best to talk her out of it. You only get one mother in this life time.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11