Fire Dept. Called to Donda West's Home

11/12/2007 6:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Dr. Donda West was at her home when 911 was called.

We're told that at 7:35 PM Saturday night, paramedics responded to a 911 call and transported West to nearby Centinela Freeman Hospital in Marina del Rey. We're told it was a "sick person call."

A hospital spokesperson tells TMZ that an unresponsive West was brought to their ER around 8:00 PM Saturday night. They attempted to resuscitate her, but were unsuccessful. She was pronounced dead around 8:30 PM that night.

Oh boy

#95

can you please explain, because I do not understand your comment....

Maggie

Be careful. If your mom dies when you mess with 50 Cent, imagine what would happen if you messed with G Unit!!

Maggie

good idea

Baseball Junkie

#58 You're thinking of Reggie Lewis. Several causes have been suggested for what caused the heart condition but yes, he ignored his doctors' advice. His wife brought a malpractice suit against his medical team but lost the case. There is a sports arena named for him near Roxbury Crossing (subsection of a subsection of Boston) and he is honored as a good man who died tragically.

I only hope that people learn from this tragic incident. Very rarely is plastic surgery worth the risks. Remember that liposuction consists of tearing the fat cells apart and sucking them out of the body (sorry to any doctors, this is only a very rough description.) and can cause massive blood loss and post surgical infections. It isn't worth insulting your body with surgery to look better. The only excuse is that the health risks are greater without. I'm fat and I have considered liposuction and gastric bypass surgery as a quick fix but listened to my doctor's advice and am doing it with diet and excercise. DAMN, but it's slow.

That said, I feel sorry for Kanye. My mother died in July, 2006 and not a day goes by that I do not remember and grieve. Death of a loved one hurts no matter what the cause.

just wondering

..Boston Belle #103...take it one day at a time..good for u with ur wise choice...loss of ur mom is the worst!!!!!!!!!

MAR

PERSONALLY I CANT STAND THE GUY BUT I FEEL FOR HIM IN THE LOSS OF HIS MOM. WE ARE ALL PRO ACTIVE IN OUR PERSONAL HEALTH DECISIONS, SO IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO US ...THERE IS NOBODY TO BLAME BUT OURSELVES. I JUST WISH PEOPLE IN THIS DAY AND AGE WOULD NOT BE IN SUCH A DAMNED HURRY TO GET WHAT THEY WANT.

ladycascdia

I am just amazed at how rude some here are. Who cares? Well, obviously YOU do if you took the time to make such an insensitive comment. I hope that when you die you get as much respect from others as you've shown today to Ms. West. My sympathies and prayers go to Kanye in the loss of his mother.

Maggie

I HOPE when I die I get this much respect! They'll post my death on a website, and people can argue over how shocking it is ... and then argue over how offensive each other's perceptions are.

Maggie

And it's DOCTOR West. Show a little sensitivity, would you?

ladycascdia

What do some of you idiots think this is, nation pick on black women day? For god sakes, can't you leave your racism aside for one moment and realize that Donda West was a PERSON! jeez. Maybe if society didn't put so much pressure on people to look "perfect" maybe she wouldn't have felt the need to undergo dangerous cosmetic surgery. Quite frankly I am sick of people and the way they constantly tearing down women of color. In my next life I am coming back as a petite thin blonde because people seem to treat them a lot better. Sometimes being a black woman is sheer hell...and some of you racist jerks make it that way. May Ms. West rest in peace.

It's An Outrage!!!!

She's just as fugly as her son. BTW I hear she was just as racist as her son... oh well, next?

Smart

I wonder if this familys' history of being vocal in ALL areas of civil rights--for Dr. West it started w/sit ins on busses at age 6, and Kanye crediting her for his "VOICE" are ANY indication of this death?!

I fully expect TMZ in its' unflinching desire to expose the truth gets to the bottom of it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maggie

I actually think there's very little racism involved in thinking someone was an idiot for going ahead with risky surgery. Maybe if you're the kind of person who looks for that sort of thing it's easier to spot.

Marlb Man

Who da hell is Dunda West???????

Smart

How can ANY person that is African American in THIS country be a racist????? We do have VOICES however. Although most wish that we were not allowed to use them, much less obtain higher degrees, as Dr. West did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's unfortunate that this "get to the back of the bus....shut up....don't speak out mentality exists in this country.........

Kanye should gather the rest of his family and leave the US for a while before ANYTHING else unexplained and tragic occurs!!!!!!!!