Fire Dept. Called to Donda West's Home

11/12/2007 6:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Dr. Donda West was at her home when 911 was called.

We're told that at 7:35 PM Saturday night, paramedics responded to a 911 call and transported West to nearby Centinela Freeman Hospital in Marina del Rey. We're told it was a "sick person call."

A hospital spokesperson tells TMZ that an unresponsive West was brought to their ER around 8:00 PM Saturday night. They attempted to resuscitate her, but were unsuccessful. She was pronounced dead around 8:30 PM that night.

Carol

#13, I love your sentiment, but hon, if you're going to take the moral high ground, take a dictionary with you...

Crystal

It's been reported on other websites that the plastic surgery was a gift to Mrs. West from Kanye. How horrible is that? My thoughts and prayers are with the family in this very difficult time.

Maggie

A racist is anyone who judges someone based solely upon their race. Now tell me again how black people never do that. Really. If I said HALF the things about black people that Kanye said about white people, and called it my VOICE, I'd be shot immediately.

TYPICAL.

Maggie

By the way, "unexplained?" Um...plastic surgery. But I can see how you'd think that we're all plotting to have you killed, one tummy tuck at a time.

Maggie

Hmm...

Smart

It's fabulous when people can't read!!!!!!!!!! I am glad that the conversation has improved. Don't be angry with me for telling the absolute truth!

Narrow minds..........stupid thoughts......sometimes prejudice makes you "see things" like typo's that don't exist.

Quit being mad at African American MILLIONAIRES that use their VOICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maggie

There was no time when I saw a TYPO in what you said. I was repeating the word you used and put it in quotation marks because, of course, it was a quote.

And I've never been mad at African American millionaires with VOICES. I just think people who don't allow for equality in who gets to have a VOICE are ridiculous.

I completely respect your opinion. I do. I just think making sweeping generalities about ANY race is perhaps inappropriate.

R U Kidding Me???

It's sad that in 2007 I am not suprised to see white people making disgusting racist jokes about the death of a woman just because she is black. You have so much to say over a blog, but will never have the courage to say any of those things to a black person's face. You are and will always be cowards. Just like "Dog" whose is making an ass of himself trying to apolgize for the way he truly feels instead of just settling for the ignorant trailor trash of a man he really is. "Midnight Caller, I dare you make that comment to any black man and we'll be celebrating you're death on TMZ in the near future!! For the white men and women on here that truly see this tragic death for the sadness it is and not a racial subject, thank you!

My prayers and condolences go out to Kanye and Dr. West's family

ny chic

have to laugh, i can't believe the ignorant idiots that comment on this site, and do believe it is monitored........not..........someone lost their mom......better to keep your mouths quiet, rather than showing your ignorance & racism...........you attack a person on their looks, etc...how low can u go......your beauty queen moms really raised a bunch of low lives..may she rest in peace...........regardless....nuf of this tmz crap, it's an azzhole forum

funnybonez

I heard he blamed....GEORGE W. BUSH

marshall

It is the saddest moment in ones life when your mom passes on, and I hope that this doesnt affect Kanye that bad, if he is truly religious he will know that god has plans for his mom, however she should have listened to the doctors warnings as she is a doctor herself...god rest your dear soul, however i think Kanye shows a side to himself of braggata that seems a little to unsure and insecure, this could be a destructive blow to his self professed image of I AM THE MAN AND I AM GREAT AND THE BEST....MAYBE THIS WILL WAKE HIM UP TO LIFES REAL ISSUES, NOT HIS NARCISISTIC WAYS...GOD BE WITH US ALL....

rob west

thats sad KANYE is my cousin if Icould help in any way Iwish I knew how to contact him.
atlanta ga.

What took so long

RU Kidding Me..... is" trailor trash" not a racist joke?

R U Kidding Me???

Post #125 I watched "Dog's" interview on Larry King Live and he referred to himself as trailor trash! Ignorance is Bliss

PaloAltoFamily

Dr. West was an amazing woman. She gave her best to making a good life for she and Kanye. She was positive yet practical with her son. For example, telling him that until you are making money, rapping is still a hobby. She used humor as a way to communicate a point. She took Kanye with her to China for a year when she was teaching there, to expose Kanye to another culture. She supported his rapping career, only after he went to college. She and Kanye started a foundation together to encourage teen's that it is cool to stay in school. They used their fame in such a positive way, showing the world what can be accomplished with love, brains, honor, respect, and alot of hard work. Your spirit and light will shine on Dr. West. With love....