Brit in Hot Water by Flunking Drug Test, Bad Driving

11/12/2007 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A source connected to Britney Spears tells TMZ that one of Brit's drug tests has come back positive, but the source claims she actually passed. The source maintains it was a false reading.

Meanwhile, K-Fed's lawyer has contacted TMZ, telling us he will subpoena a story we aired about Britney running a red light. Kaplan wants the tape for an unscheduled court appearance on Wednesday.

The story, which ran Friday on TMZ TV, shows Britney -- her kids in the backseat and the court-appointed monitor in the front -- blowing a red light at an extremely dangerous intersection Thursday night on her way home. A close look at the video shows that she held her cell phone up to her face just seconds before running the light -- it appears she's texting.

Kaplan has already asked the judge to prohibit Spears from driving with the kids in the car. Commissioner Scott Gordon is set to rule on that motion on November 26. The latest development could accelerate that decision. The Commish has been troubled by Spears' driving -- the incident Thursday night could jeopardize her visitation.

bailouttheautoco.s

I do agree that you guys need to stop following her around and stalking her 24/7. I am a good driver and have been driving for over 30 years but I know if the paparazzi were up my ass all the time it would get old ...plus you don't know what the lady in the car next to her was saying...she could have been telling her to floor it and move..she probally is sick of it too...I am more concerned about the time of night it was and the poor little guy in the back seat obviously really tired...again I think she needs to hire someone to drive her around and yes, this is getting really old and really boring....twenty years from now we will be like Britney who?

judgeNjury

"unknown" umm... yeah.. people naturally tend to get killed who stand in the middle of the street with a camera, and there is usually no sympathy.

windy

how much can britt's urine sell on ebay?

Mariah

#77 (For Bill, just in case by the time this posts they have changed the number again! lol)

Good point. I have been in more wrecks than Brit and have 2 speeding tickets on my record (not for quite some time, thankfully). And I know a friend-of-a-friend who recently struck a motorcyclist while driving. Let those who have never sinned cast the first stone, huh??

I still think to score a few random points in her favor she ought to hire a driver. If for the fact this person could help vouch for how difficult it is to drive under the conditions the paps put her under. They are reckless and will ultimately "Princess Diana" her in the end. I'm sure they will get great shots, though.

Lia

Are the courts actually waiting for her to kill her kids or someone else before they do something about her? She doesn't appear smart enough to know to behave even for a short period of time. My dog acts better and takes better care of her babies than this hillbilly moron does......

Pat

TMZ you are very irresponsible. A lot of your information is sensationalized and at times false and misleading. You are part of Brits problem, why don't you knock it off? You are feeding the frenzy. You should be ashamed of yourselves for causing more problems for this girl... If I were her I would get a restraining against you!!

windy

i bet britt;s panties smell good.

judgeNjury

Yeah, these Paps are really p a t h e t i c, even teeMZ. Ugh, she probably couldn't see the light anyways like you said, with all the flash bulb, next time she needs to take a few of those paps along with her, drag a few under the bumper, darn I wish I were a celeb like Brit, Id have so much fun, obviously if someone is in the street, and gets hit its not my fault, she needs to clear a few of them out, so the next time, they will hesitate to get in her face like that.

Blah blah blah

I agree 100%, the stalking should stop. There needs to be a law requiring papz to stay at least a football field distance. She is going to be seriously harmed. But she could also stay home with her children, she doesn't have them for very long, that's not expecting too much.

BC

Yep...she is an adult, but, she is a troubled one (to say the least). I just know that if someone in my family was doing this crazy stuff, we would all pull together and get help for them. No matter WHAT age they are. Family is family. No one seems to care whatsoever, and even though she has pushed everyone who really loves and cares for her and kept a bunch of users around, I still hope that her family pulls together and does some kind of intervention.

Minnie

Can't someone commit her to a mental institution? Her parents? It's not funny to say things like she is bipolar or all the other bad stuff people are saying. If she does have mental problems she needs to get professional help. If she is bipolar that is a serious disease. It's not funny. And it is not funny to laugh at her for it. It's not her fault. A lot of people suffer from it. It's tough. I'm sure once she gets the help she needs she'll be fine. She just needs to realize she does need the help and get it. There are medications out there to help and you're not a bad person for it.

daichad

I agree with #12. Everyone needs to just leave her alone. Think about how crazy your life is, and then try to imagine living hers.This woman loves her children.Are any of you perfect? Well, she's not either,so quit acting like she should be.We've all made mistakes, the only difference is we're not followed by camaras 24/7.Get some lives, please!!

judgeNjury

Ugh.. Lia... drop it. Your so brain washed. You need to grow up, everyone raises their kids differently, she only ran a red light, people do that everyday.. thousands of people do it all the time. She's a mother, she takes care of them, they are fed, clothed, and a roof over their head, and i dont see bruses on either boy, she takes them out in the car and you guys crap on her, she leaves them home and suddenly she is neglecting her kids, theres no winning is there?

George Clooney is a Pu$$y

The paparazzi are a part of her life and that is just a fact of being a famous star, and she needs to make room for them when she goes out in public. Don't blame the paparazzi for her troubles because she knows after 8 or 10 years of being famous that they are around all the time, and if she hasn't learned to live with them yet then shame on her. Also, don't tell me that she doesn't love the attention that she is getting from the paparazzi because you are lying if you do.

Britney could make the paparazzi go away by moving out of LA and getting a home up in the hills some where. She could stay home like I do and shop on line. She could have a limo drive her around, and many of her problems would go away. Oh yea, there is that drug thing, but that is a different problem.

For future stars, by becoming famous you understand and agree that the paparazzi will be taking your picture and asking you questions. This is the price of fame and fortune, so don't try to become a star if you don't want the paparazzi around you. Don't become famous and then become a crybaby like George Clooney.

Kaley

I have the perfecy solution for Britanny. Take her kids, Take her car, Take her lisence, take 15 pounds of wieght off of her, then take her to my Room.