Donda West Warned About Surgery

11/12/2007 6:02 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that just weeks before Donda West died, a plastic surgeon refused to perform procedures on her because of a health condition that could have led to a heart attack.

We've learned Beverly Hills physician, Dr. Andre Aboolian, was set to perform a tummy tuck and breast reduction on Ms. West, but told her she needed to get clearance from an internist whom Dr. Aboolian recommended. We're told West never went to that doctor, and subsequently had the procedures performed -- but not by Dr. Aboolian.

Story developing ...

WOW

OMG this is a life we are talking about here PEOPLE!!!! I can not grasp the fact that PEOPLE are talking about someones deseased mother in this way..... how the F&$* would you feel if this is how people spoke of your mother a few days after she has died?

Hevean Sent

Is it really necessary for the public to know the cause of death? NO as long as the family knows that's all that should matter. They asked for privacy and the media is all over this story like a pack of wolves. Please let this family mourn in peace for heavens sake they just lost a loved one.

Heaven Sent

Maggie

I love how shocked these people are. Like, I wonder if anyone REALLY thought that the comments for this story would only be left by people who are sensitive a family's grief. Give me a break. If you're offended, stop reading and go back to reading the headlines at MSN.

Hopeful

Compassion is free... you can show it without it costing you anything. Regardless of what you think of the son or the mother or her choices, she was a HUMAN being and we all deserve compassion especially in dark times. Choose your words carefully because they can be powerful when used for good or otherwise.

caldglvr

Sounds like she wasnt to bright if she didnt go to another doctor to get and ok. If thats the case I hope the Doc that did the surgery asked for another Dr. exam. Or maybe she didnt tell the Doctor about her condition. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Brute_Spooner

#15

On a celebrity gossip site people are bound to say inappropriate things when something like this happen. Filtering though peoples responses would make for a very boring read.
Sometimes you just have to take the good with the bad.

note to self: Excelent use of a bad cliche at the end.

vi

Dr. West Family,
I am so very sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you during this time.

Paulie

My heart goes out to a SON who lost HIS MOTHER! I'll say a prayer for you Kanye. I know what it's like to lose a parent.

To all you sick bastards whose posts are filled with hateful words and inappropriate comments.... You'll get yours one day, and I hope you remember every nasty thing you've written and feel sorry.

tlo

It's sad to see a single parent who did a pretty decent job of raising her child die because she felt the need to look like society wanted her to.

In her memory I hope everyone will not remember how she died, but how she lived. We need a lot more strong single parents to tell their kids to go to school before they worry about a rap career. While the rap thing worked out for Kenya, it won't for 90% of the rest of them.

Paulie

P.S. Today would have been my dad's 80th birthday. Funny how someone else losing their parent has stirred up so much in me even after 4 years of his passing. Losing a loved one is NOT a laughing matter. It's pretty clear when you read the posts... you can tell who has and who hasn't.

Maggie

#49

It's REAP what you SOW

Tasha

Hey Dumbass RGP #49: You REAP what you SOW. What are you? An 8 yr trying to be grown?

just wondering

...Paulie # 54...been 4 yrs for me with my own mom and yes , u can sure tell !!!!!!.....it's a sadness that nevr goes away, just lightens a bit..

Lisa

Reading certain comments on here, I felt repulsed that people could be so heartless and lacking compassion with comments like 'who cares' '; 'her own fault' etc. I feel sorry for people like you that are so disconnected from your hearts that you could be that cruel. Regardless of whose 'fault' it was, someone died and too bad you cant relate to the devastation her family feels. Jealous that Kanye and his mother had a very close bond and you lack that? I hope your negative, heartless comments come back to kick you in the ass one day when you know what that kind of pain feels like. Your angry, toxic people and shame on you and especially TMZ for allowing those posts to be posted...I hope TMZ is proud of providing a forum for you to spread your poisonous thoughts.

vi

Dear West Family,
My deepest sympathy, all thoughts are with you at this difficult time.