Donda West Warned About Surgery

11/12/2007 6:02 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that just weeks before Donda West died, a plastic surgeon refused to perform procedures on her because of a health condition that could have led to a heart attack.

We've learned Beverly Hills physician, Dr. Andre Aboolian, was set to perform a tummy tuck and breast reduction on Ms. West, but told her she needed to get clearance from an internist whom Dr. Aboolian recommended. We're told West never went to that doctor, and subsequently had the procedures performed -- but not by Dr. Aboolian.

Story developing ...

Tough times don't last, tough people do!!

WOW TMZ, one can't help but to think if Kanye was about 20 shades lighter we wouldn't have all these hateful comments posted on here. Truley tasteless but now anything for a $$. You guys want to see the demise of everyone you chase. The question is what will you do whan Karma pays a visit to you? And for some of you yellow belly bastards out there who have nothing better to do, than shoot hate. Why don't you all get together and sign up for the war, you are the kind we need to die off in the world.

shay

you people are very heartless, she died and someone just lost there mother. you all should keep your rudde comments to urselfs

Maggie

shay i'm sorry who can understand what you just typed? try a dictionary or spell check. or graduate from third grade.

NAT

LISTEN WHAT IS WRONG WITH HUMANS TODAY. WHY ARE THESE INSENSITIVE HUMANS POSTING SUCH AWFUL COMMENTS ABOUT ANOTHER HUMAN. IN DEATH WE ARE ALL SADDEN. HOW COULD ANY OF YOU WRITE ANYTHING BUT CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILY IN THIER LOST. I THINK THEY ARE YOU ARE INHUMAN, CRUEL, EVIL INTENTED PERSON. YOU ARE A WORKER OF SATAN AND THAT IS WHY YOU CANNOT SYMPATHIZE WITH ANYONE. TRULY PIGS OUT THERE.
SAD, BKLYN

plusizediva

May God be with Kanye and his entire family.My heart goes out to all of you.

reese

TO ALL THOSE NASTY AND CRUEL COMMENTS PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT KANYES MOM,YOU PEOPLE OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!!JUST BECAUSE KANYE HAS ALOT OF CONTERVERSY GOING ON WITH HIM,THAT DOESNT GIVE NOBODY THE RIGHT TO DEGRADE HIS MOM LIKE THAT!!GROW UP AND THINK ABOUT IF YOU LOST YOUR MOM.YOU WOULDNT WANT TO HEAR NEGATIVITY

Charles Almon

TOO MANY DOCTORS ARE GREEDY

YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO FIND SOME

PLASTIC SURGEON TO DO WHATEVER YOU

ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR. I SUSPECT DONDA

UNFORTUNATELY FOUND ONE WHO POOPOOED

ANY NEGATIVE OPINIONS TO MAKE BIG BUCKS FROM

THE WEST FAMILY' DON'T BLAME THE VICTIM.

just wondering

..koffee..# 38....off crse it will take time for all the facts ....she would have signed consent forms that aim to protect the Doctors..she would have been warned abt the risks...sounds like cardiac arrest too me...and she stood no chance unless someone was there to revive her at the time she went into it...possibly due to blood clots formed from the surgury..PURE speculation though...

Caribbean Goddess

Some of you guys are heartless. Let her r.i.p. for goodness sake.

ChaunceyGibbons

So I guess this means God doesn't like black people either, and the doctor must've sabotaged the procedure cause he didn't like black people. Damn! What's this world coming to? I guess people SHOULD listen to the advice their doctor gives them. There's a reason they go to med school, it's to avoid situations like this. Hey rich people, too bad money can't save you from ignorance. My thoughts and prayers are with ya K. West!

echoecho

Very unwise move to not listen when a physician advises you to see a cardiologist prior to cosmetic surgery. I had plastic surgery in Beverly Hills and also didn't understand why it was necessary but I followed the Dr.'s advice was approved for surgery.

During the procedure, I was told my heart did these little weird variations in heart rate - I understand that even though I was approved for surgery, it could have gone very different.

You ALWAYS take a chance whenever you "go under" anesthetic, it is never a for sure thing.

So I guess my comment really is, there for the Grace of God . . .

Kanye - you and your family are in my prayers.

FABIO

Yes, this may be a sad story, but you also have to respect the fact that she was the one who made the decision to go ahead and have plastic surgery done on herself, so there is no one to blame but herself. TMZ is simply repoerting the facts.

It is a shame that it ended the way it did, but like someone said earlier, maybe this is God's way of delivering a message to Kayne.

Snow Whyte

That is so tragic !! I have been a fan of Kanye's since he was on Twista's "Slow Jamz" with Jamie Foxx. The relationship that he had with his mom is one that I hope that I can have with my daughter. My prayers are with Kanye and the entire West family.

MAR

SO THE LADY CHOSE NOT TO TAKE THE ADVISE OF A DOCTOR BEFORE HAVING A SURGERY THAT WAS NOTHING MORE THAN A VANITY ISSUE? WE LIVE AND DIE BY OUR CHOICES AND HERS WERE BAD ONES TO SAY THE LEAST, EVERY ONE THINKING ABOUT PUTTING YOUR BODY THRU AN UNNESSARY SURGERY PLEASE REMEMBER THIS LADY BEFORE DOING SO.

just wondering

..echoecho # 88...those wierd little variations in your heart rate are called.." arrythmia's"....many causes for them...glad all worked out for you !