Paparazzo Seriously Injured in Spears Madness

11/13/2007 12:26 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: Miraculously, the victim was released from the hospital last night with only a tire mark on his arm. Not a single broken bone, and no internal injuries. Lucky guy!

TMZ has confirmed a paparazzo on a motorcycle has been injured while chasing Britney Spears.

The accident, first reported by That Other Blog, happened around 5:00 PM tonight, roughly a mile from the Beverly Hills Four Seasons Hotel. Several cars were in line chasing the pop princess when one hit another photog on a motorcycle, throwing the rider off the bike and onto the road. We're told the rider was seriously injured and transported to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. His current condition is unknown.

UPDATE: We're told that the injured person is what is known as a "spotter," and does not actually carry a camera. He will follow the star and tip off other photographers to her whereabouts. We hear he's fairly new to the Britney beat, only appearing on the scene in the past several days.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

SusyClemens

I'm so sick of every article on TMZ starting with "Britney..." if you stopped reporting about her every second move, maybe she would just fade away! It would be great!

Joe

ok i was not going to comment on this because I am the guy on the motorcycle. i just started my job being a spoter.. my job was to just stay out of the way and let my boss know where the group was so he could then get there and take pictures. I was threatend to be run down twice just like jfxoneline said so did x17 who hit me. I promise if i new we would break every traffic law stop at no stop signs no lights completly stop trafic be rude to the public i would never of taken the job??? my leg was run over my hand was split open from the weight of the tire and i have nerve damage in my hip shoulder and hand.. the other paps say they are woried about me getting hurt the fact is nobody stoped and 40 cars watch the x17 guy nake a right hand turn from the left hand lane. and when i say nobody stoped the T.M.Z crazy driver who was behind me allso did not stop!!! Thank T.M.Z And for you britney fans yes she does call x17 to say where she is...I called T.M.Z to give my side of the story and no not to sell it to them to give it to them they said since i was a pap then it was not news for them Yes they said that yes i recorded it.. My email is joeseph1964@aol.com and ill be looking for another job after i heal

Lara Starr

HAHAHA! Another one bites the dust eh? Everyone knows that britney CANNOT drive. That girls been in more incidents then all my friends and myself put together.. So why the hell are all those retarded photographers standing so close to her car as shes trying to drive away. Do they think shes going to sit there all night and let them take photos? Ummm no! I dont blame her for tryin to get away from the chaos. Next time it happens she should run another one over.. maybe then they'll get a friggin clue that they shouldnt be so damn close to a person who can barely walk right let alone drive.

MICHELLE

OOPS I DID IT AGAIN SAYS BRITTNEY LMFAO

Karen F

ALL BRIT NEEDS IS A CAMERA OF HER OWN AND MAYBE A VIDEO CAM TOO. HAHA! GET HER OWN PICS FOR FUTURE REFS.

sonny'sbabygirl

Does everyone remember the horrible way that Princess Dianna died trying to get away from these parasites? I agree, where are the police and where are the laws protecting people from harassing others like this? I don't care who she is, they have no right to prevent her from driving her car by jumping in front of her like that AND putting lives in danger (not just hers) by attacking her like this. I don't understand why this is allowed. I guess more people have to die. Maybe if it is someone in power's daughter who dies, they will pay attention and stop the madness. Pap smears - very appropriately put, deserve to be put in the hospital or in their graves acting like this. When one of their heads gets crushed, is if funny to the others who are snapping away? Animals make more sense then this. Hey Brit, how about using some of the big cash of yours and getting a car with darkened windows, a driver and of course a few giants to do the crushing for you? Why do you insist on doing this alone? Something just does not make sense here.

babygirl

aaahhhhaaa!!! no one told him to get in front of the car, dam.. if i see a car coming towards u, what do u do? MOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Babygirl

the papz really need to leave her alone... they are chasing her the same way they chased and eventually killed Princess Diana.

REZA SANTORINI

I think these idiots are looking for an injury to call attention to themselves. She is obviously hassled with their antics and nothing productive is being done to help her get past this insane group of idiots ... for that is what it is when people try to get another in trouble. Obviously she is troubled for she would have come up with the idea of getting a private driver. Obviously the papanazis are just rying to torture her.

Deacon

I join with those who say, BACK OFF. It is clear that she is not able to handle all of this and the end result will be injury and death from those who play with fire. If she were not already crazy, this would do it to her...And don't tell me that this is the price of fame. Frankly, I think that the news hounds are TRYING to get her in trouble, just for the story...Gee, such a novel notion? Old as the hills...

Newsdiver

I'd rather get injured playing with a monkey. Why don't we all just let her qo quietly, and stop giving her the attention she craves. We're her enablers.

Bill Witt

Why don't they leave her alone? It's a wonder she hasn't hurt one of them before now .Everybody knows she has a problem so help her don't agrivate the situation. I hope she comes to herself soon and realises she has some small chioldren that will grow up faster than she can imagine ,she needs to set an example for them.WAKE UP BRITTANTY BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brandie toledo

hey maybe the pap should leave her alone ... she wouldnt be having all these problems if wasnt for pap... back off pap .. u guys are jerks .. leave the poor women alone.,.... britteny hang in there,,,, hey pap come to my town mess with me ran u over toooo lol

we alll pray for u

from niagara falls ny hang in there

phil Aved

WITH THE "PRESS" HOUNDING HER EVERY STEP IT'S FORTUNATE FOR THEM SHE DOESN'T HIT THE GAS AND MOW DOWN THE WHOLE LOT OF THEM. WHERE ARE THE STALKING LAWS WHEN YOU NEED THEM? THIS "PHOTO-OP" CRAP IS WAY OUT OF CONTROL. THE GUY WAS "CHASING HER" AND GOT HURT? WHEN DID CHASING SOME ONE NOT LEAD TO TROUBLE? IT'S PROFESSIONAL STALKING AND SOME ONE IS GOING TO DIE IN THE PROCESS AND THEN MAY BE A LAW CAN BE ENACTED TO END THIS NONSENSE.

Marilyn

Leave her the hell alone and you won't get run over.You pestering pops.Your the reason why she's like she is now.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments