Paparazzo Seriously Injured in Spears Madness

11/13/2007 12:26 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: Miraculously, the victim was released from the hospital last night with only a tire mark on his arm. Not a single broken bone, and no internal injuries. Lucky guy!

TMZ has confirmed a paparazzo on a motorcycle has been injured while chasing Britney Spears.

The accident, first reported by That Other Blog, happened around 5:00 PM tonight, roughly a mile from the Beverly Hills Four Seasons Hotel. Several cars were in line chasing the pop princess when one hit another photog on a motorcycle, throwing the rider off the bike and onto the road. We're told the rider was seriously injured and transported to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. His current condition is unknown.

UPDATE: We're told that the injured person is what is known as a "spotter," and does not actually carry a camera. He will follow the star and tip off other photographers to her whereabouts. We hear he's fairly new to the Britney beat, only appearing on the scene in the past several days.

pam

I HATE these idiots. and all this talk about brittney, just leave her alone! what do you think is going to happen when you swarm someone like KNATS? she was obviously running the lite to get away from the idiots around her. they were on her car! imagine if she would have stopped? her kids were in the car, give her some space!!!!! so a motorcycling stalker ran into another and ran over his arm? BOO FREEKING HOO!!! that is what happens!!!

Jeanne

I think they ALL should be run over. What right do they have to terrorize these celebs. Its amasing the public READS the garbage these paps bring but then turn around and bitch about them getting the exact garbage the public is reading. If everyone would stop buying it then they would have nothing to sell therefor they would stop stalking these celebs. I stopped buying the tabloids years ago because of this very reason, now if everyone else would then the problem would be solved.

just me

Anyone think Britney will be blamed for causing this? Maybe even get sued for his injuries? I mean after all, if she didn't leave her house this would not have happened. Heck, that judge might even pistol whip her and have her strapped to a tree outside the courthouse for a public flogging.

Denis

A papparrazzi got hurt. That is great news. Those leach bastards deserve it. Too bad he wasn't hit by a semi.

flesh seeker

good, hope the A-hole dies, or better yet, is maimed for life. Enough of this crap, look how much time, money, talent, is wasted on chasing IDIOTS around, who the hell cares what Britney is doing. this stuff is what makes America suck!!

smsoteriou

Too bad he wasn't splattered all over the ground, taking out a few more photographers along for the ride.

Steel Magnolia

I don't care if she did pay them which I see no proof of that if you have post it here.
But it's not her fault if they get in a accident.
That like saying well the Pizza guy is paid to deliver that pizza and if he gets in a accident he can sue the pizza company cause they sent him out there.
DON'T THINK SO!
But nice to see you can find a way to make it her fault it shows what kind of person you are AN IDIOT!

This isn’t the first time X17 got themselves into trouble by trespassing, or violating a star’s person space. Back in September X17 went way to far and had both Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz so upset they called police, and filed charges. The Photogs need to respect stars, and keep a legal distance. These are the same guys going after Perez for using their photos on his blog rather than give him a legal option like using watermarked photos with a link back to them. At least that’s my understanding. Correct me if I’m wrong.

------------------------------------------------------------------

SINCE IT WAS AN X-17 PHOTOGRAPHER THAT HIT HIM, AND BRITNEY PAYS X-17 TO FOLLOW HER AND WRITE POSITIVE ARTICLES THEN SHE IS PARTLY TO BLAME BECAUSE SHE ASKS THEM TO FOLLOW HER AND PROTECT HER FROM OTHER PAPARAZZI AND NOW THEY'VE POTENTIALLY KILLED SOMEONE.

Posted at 12:03AM on Nov 13th 2007 by Complicated

Steel Magnolia

Just leave the girl alone.
None of you have proof she calls them, and I doubt she does.
Wonder how you would like it having them in your face ever day , every where you went even trying to get a picture while you are at home.
I know I would get mad too and end up cussing them out.
It should be against the law, just like stalking is against the law.

Terri

I think everyone just needs to leave this girl alone now... everyone needs to quite calling her names and let her live her own life! Shes made mistakes but who hasnt?? COME on now.. kevin federline got with her and she truley loved him and he took advantage of that! HES a creep and a low life who needs to get a life!! and the whole paparazzi thing i think is soo flippin stupid, maby if they leave her alone that would have never of happened! She has a right to get out like everyone else and be able to go to the store or the beach without people acting like complete fools..Shes human like the rest of us! people just need to learn to mind their OWN business and LEAVE her alone!! Oooh and about her kids, when she had both her boys she took them out to dinner at night people were griping about that and hwo she was not a good mother for taking them out at night when they should of been layed down THEN when shes out with her friends partying and clubbin then people gripe about her not being home enough..SO damn guys shes damned if she does and shes damned if she doesnt! jeeze just leave her alone and let her make her own decisions she will eventually learn even if its the hard way..

Wild winds of Ohio

How dare some people get on here and blame Brittney.If you stick your tongue in a freezer it will freeze. If you jump in front of a tran it will mow you down. These people know the risks of standing in the road. They also know the dangers of blocking a moving cars exit. BUT..none this is in any way Brittneys fault.The papparazzi act like animals. The only thing that surprises me is that more accidents like this dont happen.I feel sorry for the man ,and his family and wish him well.But at the same time I feel its time to say that you guys need to leave Brittny alone.Just do it. Just STOP !!!

KELLIE

I THINK BRIT HERSELF CALLS OR TEXTS THE PAPARAZZI AND TELLS THEM WHERE SHE IS....ITS OBVIOUS

scary

Guess you call it the risks of the trade. Thank god I live far away to this ZOO

jerry

they should stay away from britney.

Joe

im the one who got hit by the same x17 team that threatend me to leave there britney alone and not call any others to take picture (i should of listened) my new job i hade for a few days i wont be back so please dont hunt me...

F$%k Big Brother

I could say alot but #1 said it ALL!