Star Tour -- A Royal Ripoff?

11/13/2007 12:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The so-called "Star Tour" of celebrity homes is a Hollywood tourist institution -- but it's also a lotta baloney!

TMZ TV took the alleged tour, along with L.A. visitors who were hoping to see such homes as those of Posh & Becks and Katie Holmes & her first husband, but they would've been more successful with a quick Internet search and a GPS than on a ride in one of the tour buses lurking on Hollywood Boulevard.

The only Star Tour worth checking out around here is the one at Disneyland!

Norma Desmond

While this case was unfortunate--it was also edited to show it in the poorest light--it was a two hour tour--there must be more good--{as they would have also shown more bad}. In any case, this was just THAT ONE tour guide and THAT ONE tour. That ONE does not all tours make! I hope people are not put off by that negativity!
I've taken FANTASTIC tours from there--several times--never had a bad experience.

big red

News must be slow news week, The tour story rates a 2. On the other hand the Oj video if it is 5 weeks before rates a 10

bob

RIPOFF TOURISTS AGAIN,,,

Biased information

TMZ's continuous attack on Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, even Suri, is just a way to punish Tom Cruise for criticizing the child drugging and psychiatric drugging industry that TMZ, and parent company, Time Warner, works hard to protect. Just follow the money trail. Realize that each personal attack is designed to lower his credibility on this issue. These people are criminals with no conscience and history will be their judge.

HTTP://WWW.SSRISTORIES.COM/INDEX.PHP

oxyclean

I agree: More kids on drugs.
Coolest!

Ms Kris

Yep, Star Tours at Disneyland is the only way to go

The comments on Mr Short Divorce, what will be the 3rd ex wife are needed because they are true.
A piece of trash who thinks he is better than everyone else with YET ANOTHER BOMB MOVIE TO HIS CREDIT

Dearly Departed Tours

I can't express to you how embarassing it is to see a horrible tourguide swindle tourists. I'm in the business, and friends as well, that pride ourselves on our research and accuracy. I challenge you to send a spotter on my tour, I promise you'll enjoy it, and the fact that you don't have to make anything up. The truth is too good.

mary

We took our Slovenian cousin on one of these tours this summer, and it was a blast. Our tour guide was excellent, really knew the area, and shared lots of very interesting insider info with us. We saw PLENTY of stars' homes, Xtina, Courtney Cox, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Phil, etc etc. Our guide pointed out the corner where Brad Pitt used to work as a chicken, we saw the hotel where Janis Joplin died. I could go on and on. Who seriously cares about Posh (yuck) and Tom Cruise (scary). We got to meet John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin in front of one of the clubs on Sunset!!!!!!!

rebecca1966

mary7575 would you mind sharing which tour you took? We took one a few years ago and although it was fun (we saw Malcolm McDowell getting mail from his mailbox!!) I would love to hear which one you went on. thanks!

Dearly Departed Tours

PS I forgot to post the link.

www.DearlyDepartedTours.com

Thanks.

Sandee

We had a lot of fun on our tour we took last March. Our tour guide was fantastic--she was so funny and really friendly! We drove right up next to Quentin Tarentino's car and he put his window down to talk to us for a bit. I'm not star-struck, just impressed with how much knowledge our tour guide possessed. Sorry your guide didn't know his stuff.

+DJ FunkyGrrL+

I would assume most A list stars or note would live so far from the curb, any cars within 50 feet would be flagged down by security. Then we have the D list

L

Dearly Deparated Tours is the BEST tour you could ever go on in Hollywood. I went on it last month and it is the only tour I would ever recommend to my out of town guests. Eff the tour you guys went on.

scarlett

To #5 Scott, and the others who are in the know ..... Which tours are the best besides Dearly Departed. Isn't that a tour for the ones who are no longer here? Would like to see where Brad and Jen have lived, Courtney, general tour of Beverly Hills and Bel Air. Thanks much!

Dearly Departed Tours

Tours are only as good as the guides, and I know a couple I would recommend, Scarlett. Drop me an email from my website www.DearlyDepartedTours.com and I'll hook you up.

Scott