Donda West -- Big Trouble on the Table?

11/13/2007 12:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ Donda West's operation lasted eight hours -- twice as long as it should have. We're told Dr. Jan Adams began the operation Friday morning and finished Friday evening. He then sent Ms. West home, rather than to a recovery center, which we're told, would have been appropriate.

Several doctors at Centinela Hospital where West was taken, tell TMZ they believe the excessive amount of time it took to perform the procedure strongly suggests either something went wrong during the operation or the doctor was just too inexperienced.

We're told she was dead the next evening at her home before paramedics arrived.

What's more, Dr. Adams is not Board Certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

BLINKING !!

#3 (South) You should be ASHAMED of yourself for that comment. and Hell will be waitting for your stupid ass, don't worry about that...It's sad that people like you can't hold back the hate for a second. TOO BAD IT'S NOT YOUR MOTHER...OR YOU

Ummmhmmm

10. This will haunt him for the rest of his life - even if innocent

Posted at 10:05AM on Nov 13th 2007 by * MISS UNIVERSE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I seriously doubt it'll haunt him at all ,people like him have no moral compass .The fact that he is not a board certified plastic surgeon ,but performing plastic surgery is kinda the clincher here .He obviousley just cares about the $$$$ ,not the patient .
And if he's not board certified ...he's far from innocent here .

Seriously

Can you say major lawsuit?

Laura Lily

I think this is very sad, just because she was having surgery doesn't mean she deserved to die.
My thoughts are with Kanye and his family at this time.
Laura-Lily

LaShawna

Who cares.

lise

8 hours that for cosmetic surgery something stinks..........

MH

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride

P.S. I noticed the Botox pop up ad on the top of the page

Regards

tim

But 'he said' he did nothing wrong...

(didn't OJ 'say' he didn't kill Nicole Brown???)

Eleanor

I think she went to another dr because the one she wanted would not do it. That should have ended it right there. Why should her son be blamed ?? It was her decision, not his. She looked ok the way she was. If she had other health issues she should not have done it. No one is to blame but her. Let this be a lesson to all that want nips and tucks done. Never mind the two surgeries she had done at the same time and then sent home. Vanity can kill you.

Amberly Washington

You guys are looking so ignorant right now. "Inexperienced?" You guys are in LA, and you have no idea who Jan Adams is! He's been on Oprah, he hosted a Discovery Health show, and has been in the industry for years. You guys are starting to look like every other tabloid out there...trashing reputation before the facts and not even digging hard enough to get the facts. Let's remember that a woman died here. Quit making a disgusting story out of it.

Brit is a f*ck up

Well hell, don't you think that Kenye's Mom should have checked this Doc's credentials before going through w/the surgery?

Ummmhmmm

7. g--maybe you could proofred your statements before posting.

Posted at 10:03AM on Nov 13th 2007 by thought so
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sweety ,maybe you should "Spellcheck" before posting yours ,it's "Proof-read" .

San

She didn't die, she was killed. That's so sad. I worked with patients going thru surgeries to undo what was done to them at Beverly Hills doctors....there's security in having a 90210 zip code on your business card. Anyone can rent an office there. Just because they do doesn't mean they are a better doc.

My condolences to Kanye West and his family. You want to see a story about BH docs gone insane; google Dr. Adrianna Schrieiber....to keep from going staight to prison she want into a rehab. She took someone's face away, literally....bitch.

bliss

I am sorry for the woman and believe it or not, the doctor too. Maybe what he did (I dont have the correct research for this though) was not illegal or illegitimate. He is still a doctor so someone correct me here on this one.

I had breast surgery four times (due to complications etc.) all were board certified and all of the four different doctors sent me home after the proceedure. It is common practice to send patients home if they are not having complications. I wish the didn't do that, but that is how it works. This woman may have had no complications after surgery and they sent her home. I never had that proceedure that she had and never will because I care about my weight enough to take care of myself. I dont mean any disrespect to her or anyone overweight, but that leads to another topic...which is...

If I had died during those operations, they I would have deserved it because the original proceedure was out of vain. Fortunately I confessed my sins being Catholic, and I am forgiven and also have changed (it is required by my religion to not do it again to be forgiven of the sin). Also, gluttony is another sin, so those seeking to get that proceedure should have done something about her weight.

This post is in reference to those that can do something about what they can. If you are overweight or vein or a doctor illegitamate, maybe it's time to take a look at ourselves and see what we can do to change that now and in the future.

I am making a bold statement in this post, but I am certain that some behaviors lead to this kind of result. If it happened to me, I wouldn't expect someone to boo hoo over me.

With that being said, I am still sorry for the loss. I am sure that in spite of her faults, she was a good woman and she and her family should be prayed for.

Sally

Can you say "lawsuit"? I had lipo about 7 yrs ago on my chin, and that's a simple procedure. Took about 1/2 hr and I was awake the whole time. done in a hospital by board certified practicing interns.
This Donda West surgery smelled from the beginning....she was desperate I guess....she bypassed good doctor advice to get approval first. If she was having back pain from the big breasts, she still should have stayed her a*** in Chicago and gotten it done at Northwestern Hosp. or a reputable Hosp. instead of going to LA to have it done.