Donda's Surgeon -- I'm the Victim of "Sleaze"

11/13/2007 1:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Plastic surgeon Dr. Jan Adams has told TMZ that he was the doctor who performed cosmetic surgery on Kanye West's mother Donda before she died.

Dr. Adams told TMZ her death, which followed a tummy tuck and breast reduction, was unforeseen and could have been caused by a heart attack, pulmonary embolism, or massive vomiting.

Dr. Adams tells us West consulted with him over a period of four months. He says she changed her mind numerous times, sometimes greenlighting the surgery and sometimes halting it.

As for the TMZ report that Beverly Hills doctor Andre Aboolian refused to conduct the surgery because of a medical condition that West had, Dr. Adams said of Dr. Aboolian, "He is sleazy and manipulating the truth to elevate his own importance."

Dr. Adams says he did nothing wrong.

Something smells fishy...

Damn, I really will think twice now about going under the knife. If I had the money, I would like to have the same procedures done: lipo, breast reduction, but I'm 12 years younger than Mrs. West. When I'm 58, I don't think I'll care as much, hell I don't really care too much now. My Aunt died at the age of 27 when she went to have a hysterectomy--she left a young son behind who never quite recovered over her death. A friend of mine knows someone who died have dental work done...a doctor I used was the culprit--he no longer practices, thank God. I can't help but wonder what kind of prior condition she had (if she did have one), that would cause such a senseless death, and I thought it was rather crass of the first doctor to mention this to the press anyway. As far as I'm concerned, he violated the confidentiality agreement by alluding that there was a prior medical history that prevented him from doing the surgery even though he didn't say what it was. If there is any suing done, I hope he gets sued also; maybe that'll teach him to keep his effin' mouth shut.

Indifferent

Privacy laws don't apply once the patient is dead.

LAME

and here I thought jr was a kid - pretty impressive!

LH

Ummmm .... never heard of this world renowned doctor before. WTF is that about?

EP

The local news is reporting that her funeral is going to be held here in Oklahoma City. I didn't even know she was from here.

jack Shite

Hey Dr. Adams,

Can you say lawsuit?

Can you say malpractice?

Seems the other doctor was doing the right thing by asking her to get clearance first so why you bad mothing him????

Cuz ya scared yahh! Ya kn ow ya ass is grass and yu be fixing to get yoe ass sued.

So who be calling who sleazy ?? yo.

tj

To #1....once you're dead, there are no privacy laws.

WHAAATTTTT

very sad... I find it tactless that the doctor came out and told EVERYTHING. He is not under scrutiny at all (yet) ! I guess I just don't understand why he had to get into a pissing match with that other doctor when really ... it isn't about him at all! How professional of him to diss the other doctor like that! man... they are all the same! and i thought that lawyers were bloodsucking leeches.
Privacy laws or not.... there is something called "respect for the departed"...

areyoukiddingme

I am amazed at the complete lack of professionalism on the part of both of these doctors! Regardless of whether or not it's a violation of privacy laws because she's passed - it's just in poor taste.
It's also monumentally stupid. Surgery is always a risk and things happen - sometimes through no fault of the surgeon, but anyone with more than five functioning braincells would know that when these things do occur - you keep your mouth shut and handle any statements through the proper channels. You don't start issuing juvenile he said/ he said slams.

R. K.

What a tragic shame she didn't go to a quality physician. Tragic shame that cost an innocent victim, her life.

niles

Isn't this the guy from TV? I think he has a show warning about bad plastic surgery!

Robin

This is sad. Not to say that plastic surgery is bad, but yes one should do their homework. Check for malpractice suits, and active licenses to practice. On another note. I was also curious about the doctor speaking out. There are privacy laws that you can't speak on someones personal information. If someone calls into my office to get info on a customer. I can't give out personal info. I can vefify what they have vs. what I have on file. I hope the West family sues. The HIPPA laws have been inforce for quite some time now, and clearly this has been breeched.

LAME

and he says who's the sleazy doctor?

jack Shite

Dr. Death.

I looked at his web site.
How come they don't put on there where he kills people?

His new name should be Dr. Death.

Robin

I am reading more comments. Does the privacy become null and void in all states upon death?