Donda's Surgeon -- I'm the Victim of "Sleaze"

11/13/2007 1:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Plastic surgeon Dr. Jan Adams has told TMZ that he was the doctor who performed cosmetic surgery on Kanye West's mother Donda before she died.

Dr. Adams told TMZ her death, which followed a tummy tuck and breast reduction, was unforeseen and could have been caused by a heart attack, pulmonary embolism, or massive vomiting.

Dr. Adams tells us West consulted with him over a period of four months. He says she changed her mind numerous times, sometimes greenlighting the surgery and sometimes halting it.

As for the TMZ report that Beverly Hills doctor Andre Aboolian refused to conduct the surgery because of a medical condition that West had, Dr. Adams said of Dr. Aboolian, "He is sleazy and manipulating the truth to elevate his own importance."

Dr. Adams says he did nothing wrong.

LizardKing

Wow That is so sad My Prayers are with Kayne West and his whole family.

ty

sorry lori, let's make that to #79 someone must have been deleted it is meant for
"I mean to say"

LAME

i guess the discovery channel will not be signing Dr. Jan for another season huh?

LAME

ty - good google work... and no, that's not enough to shut me up - sorry...

Oz Bnks

R.I.P to Dr.Donde West. She was obviously a very educated women being the former chair of an english dept. for a university, but the decision to have have cosmetic surgery at the age of 58 doesn't seem like a smart one, especially if here problems weren't life threatening. I mean, at that age ya not impressing too many people to begin with. But like Kanye said 'we all self-conscious I'm just the first to admit it.' guess his moms was too!!

foxielady

I cannot count the number of times I've gone under the knife - the last one left me in ICU for 17 days - 5 years ago - and I will never be my old self - things just went bad -dr's slaved over me - tears in thier eyes - when speaking to my family - while working on me - the head of dept - went to sleep while speaking w/my famly he had not gone home in 3 days
There were times when
I could here them calling my name - saying "come on honey you can hold on" After the ICU I wanted to die - I was so sick - nothing worked. I am BLACK I saw a few black faces - it was a teaching hospital - The chief of surgey is still there - I see him and his new students every 6 months - some of us just don't do well under the knife - it is Gods plan not ours - There are doctors who feel your pain - your familys pain - they are good people - there to help - my doctor hugs me first then shakes my husbands hand - he calls me his miracle patient - Because someone who knows a lot more then he did allowed me to live.

blackberry_curve@yahoo.com

113. jan did surgery on my camel toe.

Posted at 12:32AM on Nov 13th 2007 by sharon stone

lmgdfao

---

lmgdfao Man, I'm calling him: "Dr. Pimp Daddy" (called it!)

Dog Chapman

Doctor Adams did wonderful work on me, I am now the white woman I have always wanted to be.

LAME

what's even funnier ty is my name is indeed lori - LOL

just wondering

..ty #109....not even worth responding at this point !....it is grt when u can share knowledge..soem just refuse to accept it!!!!!!!!!!!...but others will benefit!!!..have a grt evening!

Lovely Barker

Check out his medical history. http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA$LCEV2.QueryView?P_LICENSE_NUMBER=51004&P_LTE_ID=782

Dr. Jan Rudalgo Adams had two malpractice judgments against him in 2001 totaling $467.337 and he was being investigated for violating the "Medical Practice Act".

Anne Frank

Why did Kanye's mom get her surgery done by Hawk from :"Spencer for Hire"?

Bobby G

Doctors should put more emphasis on the impact to the body caused by elective surgery. They need to really hammer home the idea of the body's organs going into overdrive during the recovery and healing period. The more work that is done, the greater the other body organs need to work to sustain the healing and recovery (including the heart, liver, kidneys). For example, many burn patients die slowly in the hospital because their vital organs just cannot keep up with trying to heal the skin (another major organ). You should think of cosmetic surgery as being like a controlled burn. Do it in phases to avoid catastrophic consequences. I can't help but feel this was an avoidable death. It is often heard that plastic surgeons recommend getting procedures done while the body is still in the early 40's. Recovery is far easier at that age than after 50. I feel sad for the loved ones.

ty

I guess it's time to call it a night. Clearly, there are too many mean spirited people on here tonight. No sympathy, no understanding , no compassion ...not just to Kanye and his family but to each other. I mean who would want to list their name as "Ima Bitch". Is being a bitch something that makes you proud or what. And, don't worry, I would never try to shut someone up that hasn't "said" anything , anyway. Everybody , and I mean everybody knows that when you undergo anesthesia, healthy or half -dead already, there is a serious risk involved. I think the bigger issue that this beautiful lady and yes, she was, really felt she had to have 'COSMETIC' surgery in the first place. God doesn't just love the pretty ... he actually loves ugly people, too

just wondering

..foxielay...just curious and don't respond if u don't wish too...did u develope a bacterial infection?..