Donda's Surgeon -- I'm the Victim of "Sleaze"

11/13/2007 1:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Plastic surgeon Dr. Jan Adams has told TMZ that he was the doctor who performed cosmetic surgery on Kanye West's mother Donda before she died.

Dr. Adams told TMZ her death, which followed a tummy tuck and breast reduction, was unforeseen and could have been caused by a heart attack, pulmonary embolism, or massive vomiting.

Dr. Adams tells us West consulted with him over a period of four months. He says she changed her mind numerous times, sometimes greenlighting the surgery and sometimes halting it.

As for the TMZ report that Beverly Hills doctor Andre Aboolian refused to conduct the surgery because of a medical condition that West had, Dr. Adams said of Dr. Aboolian, "He is sleazy and manipulating the truth to elevate his own importance."

Dr. Adams says he did nothing wrong.

LAME

good post Bobby G...... most sensible post on this topic yet!

LAME

a tooth extraction with HIV patients does not compare to a healthy woman getting cosmetic surgery... and yes jr, i am a bitch because I CAN BE!

willspy4money@aol.com

I am very sorry for this kids lost, however, did you expect this 'Dr' to say that he did somthing wrong? The patient died! As for the comments about Dr. Aboolian! He must have known something this doc did not know!
Have Mr. West contact my office and we will look a little deeper! Oh for sure somthing went wrong and it is too bad this was a very attractive and very smart lady.....this is terrible!

9inch

WHO YA GONNA SUE! THE DOCTOR! DOESNT MATTER IF HE WAS NEGLAGENT.

IM GUESSING 20 MILLION WILL BE HOW MUCH HE WILL BE SUED FOR.

WHO CARES IF SHE ASKED AND PAYED FOR IT.

TRY JENNY CRAIG LADIES.... OR BETTER.... DONT EAT ALL DAMN DAY!

just wondering

#126..I cna't believe I am responing yet again too u...( I was brought up, 2 wrongs don't make a right)...anyways...a healthy person wouldn't run into problems with tooth extractions... a person with with heart failure, hiv, auto immune deficency, etc could and have ahigh risk factor because their white blood cells can't fight infection....AGAIN...this original post was for the person ( not u btw)...who ranted that u can't die from tooth extractions....LIVE AND LEARN...CLASS DISMISSED! hahahha

val

READ POST 83 AND YOU'LL SEE THIS DR JAN ADAMS OVER YEARS HAS DONE THIS BEFORE!!!! Go to the website included in their post whereby Kanye's mother would never have gone to this loon had she read the violations against him. They are spelled out over several years past .. this doctor has a bad past and left many harmed if they lived at all. I got this info and thank poster 83 for including a website that shows how bad this doctor has been over many years and many of the people he's harmed!!!!!!!!

GO TO THIS SITE .. I DID .. THE SMILING FACE YOU SEE ABOVE IS SLEAZE AT BEST

mohankumar

This doctor has a terrible reputation. Just check with the California Medical Board. He has paid out about $500,000 in malpractice judgements. This is so easy to access. I wonder if she or Kanye bothered to check.

BC

Ummm...this is a disgusting story. A woman is dead. A YOUNG woman is dead, and we have to listen to this drivel. God, I feel so sorry for Kanye and family. This should not be made public at all. My sympathy to Kanye and family.
Ugh...this surgeon has NO class...disgusting

Granny

It's common procedure to have all patients pass a medical evaluation. Most doctors can refer you to "their" doctor who will do a somewhat simple lookover and approve the procedure. A smart patient will have this done by a medical doctor they have already established a relationship with.

My heart goes out to Kanye, regardless, the fact is she is gone. All sons have a special bond with their mothers.

ParisNauseatesMe

When are people going to learn that ANY kind of surgery has inherent risks with it. Most reputable physicians will demand pre-op tests and even statements from other physicians to the effect that the patient is in good condition and should have no problems during surgery.

More than anything else, I am appalled at the parents who pay for breast augmentation for their teenaged kids. It sends the message that this is like going to the dentist to get a cavity filled.

windy

dr. jan is a whore

SammyJoJoJo

I know this guy. HE IS A SLEAZE BALL !!!!!!!!!!!! He is a liar and steals money from people !!!!!!! SHADY !!!!!!!! WATCH !!! HE is going to be taken to court over this!

JessBcuz

#4!!! LMAO!!!! That's hella funny bout Spears!!! LMAO!!!!

Seriously though....it's extremely sad and heart breaking for Kanye. To lose a parent is hard, but @ such a young age and with such a closeness....may he find peace in the great memories they share and the love that glowed betweent them.

Mariah

I think I am the lone voice of dissent tonight, but I have to say 500,000 in monies paid out is really nothing. I am surprised it is not waaaay more than that, especially in the plastics arena and California of all places where people will sue your behind over the slightest thing. Some doctors pay that for one settlement. Was that the case here? Or is this collectively?

Most doctors really do not believe they are god; yes some develop a "God complex" and think they walk on water. I think he is just responding to whoever the other doc who is blabbing about how great he was for turning down the surgery, yada yada. I think it is brave of him to come forward and say, I'm the guy who did the procedure. He was going to be called out publicly anyway, why not just get it over with.

Alex

Sometimes when you get to rich, you think you're God because you're treated like one. I'm sure celebrities dont like to hear "No", or "Go see this person". Dr. Aboolian is Armenian and did the right thing and cared more for his patient than the bill he would have charged. The Dr. that performed the surgury should be punished because he either did the surgury for the money, or he didnt have the proper education to see the potential danger of something going on internally.

Kanye is the my favorite artist right now, and I feel very bad for him. I wish him strength to go through this tough time and great loss. It's too bad his mother couldnt enjoy the rest of her life in retirement and seeing her son excel, and spend time with potential grandchildren. However, it is also important not to forget she is the one who made the choice to not listen to Dr. Aboolian. I wish she didnt have to pay for that decision with her life.