Dr. Jan Adams -- His Appearance on "Oprah"

11/13/2007 12:14 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

In November of 2003, Dr. Jan Adams -- the plastic surgeon who operated on Kanye West's mom before her death -- appeared on an episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show."

According to his bio, Adams has made "countless appearances" on television -- including serving as host for a show on the Discovery Channel called "Plastic Surgery: Before and After."

He also co-hosted NBC's "The Other Half" with Dick Clark, Danny Bonaduce and Mario Lopez.

Sillyme

Oppsie! Silly Oprah done dropped the ball again. She promotes writers who lie, are KKK members, allows liberals and socialists to spoil your mind with their crazy crap, lets her specially picked girls get abused and nearly raped in her new exclusive school and pushes Bad doctors and bad medicine. .. the stupidity list is endless.

unsinkable molly brown

i agree w/#6

Old School

NOT Board Certified?!! And being on Oprah certified this Plastic Surgeon to the public and the way it goes down is if he's on Oprahs tv show then he MUST be good...Shame on you Oprah you probably recommended and I'm assuming here but you probably recommended this doctor, exceuse me I meant QUACK to Mr. West's Mother since this quack was on your show and since Mrs. West was on your show too.

Get-a-clue!!

It is the curse of OPRA!!!

Oooooooooooh! Boogie Boogie Boogie

Old School

DO NOT GO TO # 25 WEBSITES!! www.thesmilesalon.com

I did and my virus protection told me that their SECURITY CETIFICATE HAS EXPIRED AND IS NOT VALID AND LUCKIE THAT I DID NOT PUT ANY PERSONAL INFO DOWN AND # 25 SHOULD BE BLOCKED FOR THIS PAGE! Their is no such thing as a FREE LUNCH~!

castra regina

Seems that the Oprah Seal of Approval is getting a little tarnished...Thank God.

What took so long

Oprah should not have had a guest on her show that was intentionally misrepresenting anything about themselves, remember the weirdo fake author it sure seems she would be looking at her guests more closely

Old School

Anybody that listens to a talk show host about something as delicate and intricate as Surgery MUST BE CRAZY and NOT playing with a full deck! I'm not saying Mrs. West did listen to any of these fat ass talk show hosts, Oprah or Ellen or whoever because she was an educated person and if she did take advice from these fools then it just goes to show you that an educated person such as Mrs. West is also caught up with the talk show hysteria but I really don't think so but why didn't she check out this Quack creditials because of WHY??!!

LINDA

I WAS WONDERING I READ ALL THE STORIES FROM TMZ ABOUT DR ADAMS AND DIDN'T THE STAFF OF OPRAH DO THERE FACT CHECKING BEFORE HE WAS ALLOWED TO BE ON THE SHOW. JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Tippi

Let's look at the big picture. Oprah is a talk show host. She is not God or the foremost authority to certify the credentials or the moral status of others.I also think it is premature to criticizes Dr. Jan Adams because of this unfortunate event with the late Dr. Donda West. We need to wait to see the facts. Doctors sometimes loose patients, that is a fact of life and a single malpractice suit means nothing. DUIs that occur outside of the operating room does not substantiate the quality of a surgeon.

I had the exact procedure 5 days before Ms. West and I was not cleared for surgery until my internist, the anesthesiologist and the surgeon agreed that I was healthy enough for all stages of the procedure. The typical protocol may have been ignored because she was a celebrity in her own right. My prayers go out to the West Family.

Alfred

Well stated #32. Your words are direct, to the point, and very persuasive!

rosie

This is another reason I quit watching Oprah...I got sick of her condescending attitude and constant interrupting of guests. She acts like she is an expert on everything and shows she is an expert on nothing. Either she or her staff had better do some real checking up on her so called experts she has on. This quack has been sued numerous times and yet she has him on as an expert on plastic surgery...some guy writes a book full of lies and she boosts that....she has an exclusive school for blacks in Africa, and the girls have been abused by a majo staff member. I am not racist but neither am I stupid enough to continue to watch and support her program. My heart goes out to all of those victims of that plastic surgery butcher but if it looks too good to be true, it surely is.

V Sammons

Lets not persecute this man, until we know the official cause of her death. There's a risk with any surgery and allegedly, Ms. West had some medical issues. Ultimately, it was her decision to have the surgery.

It's very tragic that she died and my prayers go out to Kanye and his family.

shadowscribe

This isn't the first time someone with a less than stellar background has been on Oprah's show. How many people are aware that Dr. Phil lost his license to practice in Texas? Seems like anyone with an advanced degree that 'she' believes in gets air time and her support regardless of their background and behavior.

But, the viewers that swallow anything they see on 'Oprah' without doing their own research have to share the responsibility for what happens to them.

It's a shame so many people use entertainment shows to guide their lives.

dc

I am an anesthetist that works with board certified plastic surgeons and we all agree if the facts presented are true that this death was preventable and at the very least Dr. Adams exercised very poor judgement. By not being board certified Dr Adams has opened the door for massive criticism. Just wonder how an attractive black male Dr. was able to fool all the celebs and gain national status!!! Wake up public, the Discovery Channel and Oprah don't certify doctors and now we know why. Maybe we need to stop advancing people based on color and maybe do it on merit

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments