Inhaler? We Hardly Knew Her! -- Brit's Drug Test

11/13/2007 4:08 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney spearsTMZ has learned Britney Spears will now say her false positive drug test may have been caused by her inhaler, which she uses for asthma.

Sources connected with Spears told TMZ yesterday that the drug that may have caused the positive was Provigil, used to treat narcolepsy. But TMZ did some digging and found Provigil would not show up on a court-ordered drug test.

Now the same source says the drug that showed up may have been Albuterol, an asthma drug. But, again, we checked and Albuterol is not an amphetamine, and the class of drug that showed up on the test was an amphetamine.

K-Fed's lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, will press the issue tomorrow in court. Stay tuned.

Fly on The Wall

I like Brit.

Have a great day.

Thanks for the comments.

Shireen

I'll bet she's doing rails of strawberry quick, meth being an amhphetamine and all

Tangie

Hey mom! Can you just not take ANYTHING, so we can come home? Why don't you love us enough to just STOP?

Fly on The Wall

I wouldnt bet on anything except she got a new pair of glasses.

Thanks for the comments.

Have a great afternoon.

How Has Ali been?

toomanydoggies

amphetamine? When will the official test results be published? I don't trust this TMZ source.

blah

when I was pregnant with my son my preliminary bloodwork showed the same thing. Sudafed...which is what the doctor told me to take for my allergies, can show as aphetamine also. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions here. I was most certainly NOT on any kind of illegal drugs or diet pills when pregnant.

Some Faustkateer

Meth head! I knew it! .... Except..... Why isn't she skinny?

ann

If this is as "hot" as she gets #9, we're all gonna need a warm blanket and a campfire.

omofmom

She uses and inhaler because all of the cocaine she has snorted has affected her windpipe and esophagus. She can't breath because she smokes. An inhaler will not show up on a drug test. Only the tablet form of asthma medication would do that. She is going to say it was tonic water. I will lay my 1st born on it. (not really, I kinda like him too much) I will lay Britneys 1st born on it.

windy

she needs help. please send back 2 da louisiana.

K

#9....shut your pie hole you idiot!

J Doe

shes taking anything she can to cover up the drug use....

they take the drug test..they find diet pills, priscriptions etc

ANYTHING TO MASK THE DRUGS...oldest trick in the book

THEY NEED TO DO A HAIR TEST..THE HAIR ON HER BACK NECK IS LONG ENOUGHT
if she objects..shes hiding something.

Rockstar

Sounds to me like she's grasping at (coke) straws....

lol

To #15, she's not thin because she evens out her drug use with tons of Carl's Jr.

Get-a-clue!!

I know why she got a positive...

One of the TMZ photogs is on drugs, and had his head jamed so far up the Britster's butt. to get another "exclusive" that it caused a positive result.

Slow day Harvey? Maybe you should send your staff to walk the picket lines with some real writers...