Marie Osmond's Kid Heads to Rehab

11/14/2007 8:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It's not a good time to be Marie Osmond.

On tonight's "Larry King Live," the "Dancing with the Stars" star was blindsided by Larry King who asked if 16-year-old son Michael was in rehab. What would Brigham Young do?! She confirmed that he was admitted last week -- the same week Marie's father died at his home in Utah.

Osmond got choked up while talking about her son, telling Larry, "He is the most amazing kid ... it's been a hard week." Still, Marie managed to go on with the "Dancing" show.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

blueangel

What does Marie do other than seek constant attention? Does she have a job? She can't sing, act, or dance and she keeps pulling sympathy cards out of her a** in order to survive on DWTS. I can't stand her or her annoying brother Donny and wish these talentless has-beens would retire already. As for her drug addicted son, how "amazing" can he be if he's in a rehab center?

Tina

Give me a break. Marie has 8 kids. Who is taking care of them while she is Dancing with the Stars? The most important thing in her life is this show. Shouldnt it be her kids? Hello? Is anyone home? She is a phony and a terrible mother. Where does she find time to do all these talk shows? Anything for publicty. Her father died and she has to share it with the world. Why? Maybe to get some more sympathy votes? Does her face ever hurt from smiling so much? Donny is a jerk too. The Osmonds suck.

Hollywood's a Hazard

The Osmonds are a bit korny but Marie is joyfull and full of grace. She WIll get thru all this be stronger for it.

Chris

My thoughts are with Marie and family. When she started tearing up as she tried to speak of her son, I thought of my teenage son and his time in rehab last summer. This can happen to anyone, even the best of parents and families. Marie has so much to deal with . I can remember crying all the way back from dropping my son off at the rehab center, it hurts so badly when it is your child. I commend Marie for carrrying on- life does go on and it will be worth it in the end.

Jaydee

That was a set up. That "how did you know" was phony. I mean, as soon as Larry began to spurt out the statistics about teen drug use, she and Donny nodded their heads in knowing agreement. How many people have memorized and would recognize those statistics? Clearly, they knew it was coming... maybe she didn't want the kid to learn that she was doing it voluntarily, who knows. But, I'm sure the surprise was feigned.

Mary

a certain percentage of American society demonstrated through some comments here?!

Posts 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, and 54 are great WISDOMKEEPERS who are sharing so to the critiques (Cindylou, Carlitasway, et al.) of Marie and a huge percentage of families in today's American contemporary society, please read their posts, again and again! I'll join with these ladies, i.e. mothers and grandmothers who hold great heart wisdom, in extending you great compassion and trust your lessons in love are just around the corner!

KKK

OH MY GOD..who watches your kids when your at work TINA? Your an idiot douchebag loser.. Im sorry but I have NEVER heard any of your cds or variety shows.. Granted they are cheesy but at least there not living off the state like you TRASH WHORE....

COMPASSIONATE MARY

THE OSMONDS REPRESEND "OLD HOLLYWOOD" WHEN STARS COULD SAY ANYTHING AND A NAIVE PUBLIC WOULD JUST BELIEVE THEM. NO MORE. THE OSMONDS ARE FAKE ASSH*LES. EVERY WORD OUT OF THEIR FAKE MOUTHS IS JUST A LIE.

DEAR OSMONDS, ALL OF YOU, ESPECIALLY MARIE - ARE TOO DAMN OLD - TO BE CUTE! LIARS!

grandmasuz

Cruel people.You have no family issues,you and yours are perfect......NOT! I have known and loved the Osmonds since I was 14 years old.Marie I would have never thought one of my children would end up in rehab,but he did.Despite the fact that he had two loving Parents who were there for him 100% of the time,soccer,foootball,pta,Grandparents,sunday school....addiction has no social religious or economic boundaries.You did not cause it,you can,t control it,you can,t cure it.When your son reaches his bottom,then and only then can he face his demons.I love You my Sister.

Michele

Larry king is an ass

KKK

Susie your so right.. I wish you well with your son.. Addiction is a disease. And its serious. People need help and when people come on here HATING on others becuase their life is SO messed up that is sad. Stay strong Susie and god bless your son. Keep the faith.

sea salt

damn, she's cute!

Gay Kleven-Lundstrom

She was definetly sideblinded by Larry. What a jerk

Alexa

She said that her son was adopted. Are any of her other children adopted, too?

carlitasway

Posted at 9:22PM on Nov 14th 2007 by Makes you wonder about....

I am a mother of 2 and that is how I know I would be there for them in times of need. My kids are not perfect either. If Britney Spears skipped out on her father's funeral and decided to dance in a has been competition instead of being there for her child in rehab many of you would be singing a completely different tune on how awful she is. Why is it different for Marie? What because she is older and a LDS? Sucky parenting is sucky parenting no matter who does it and right now Marie is. I like her personality but she's quickly losing respect with me with her decisions.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments