« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Barry Bonds Indicted on Perjury, Obstruction Charges

11/15/2007 7:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A San Francisco grand jury has indicted home run champion Barry Bonds on perjury and obstruction of justice charges. It was only a matter of time ...

The indictment comes after a four-year federal investigation into whether the most suddenly Herculean player in pro baseball lied to the grand jury probing steroid use by professional athletes.

Just three months ago, Bonds surpassed legendary Hank Aaron's home run record, and was then promptly dismissed by the San Francisco Giants.

Bye bye Barry, bye bye.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Barb

I'M THRILLED THE DAY HAS COME. IT WAS NEVER IF JUST, WHEN.

b. posey

Beloved baseball player wtf? who are you kidding. I hope he ends up with OJ.

DAXFLAME!!

I am so glad to see that some of these celebs that think they are above the law, has to answer to the man just like all of us peons!!! Barry goes out of his way to be an ass, and now he will be having to answer to these accusations....

Uncle Pete

Its time the new AG gets a handle on these out of control US ATTORNEY'S and there assistants. They ruin lives and familes to further there careers.... Look at GOTTI JR a perfect example of unchecked power by the USA.... Barry Bonds is a american here, enough is enough!!!

reggie

I wish they leave this man alone, a lot of people don't like barry because he doesn't kiss anybodies ass. I hope he plays one more year so he can put the home run record out of reach.

Spell Check.

bewildered bystander

what about McGwire, Sosa, and Conseco?
p.s. couldnt have happened to a bigger NWA

DAXFLAME!!

Hey #17.... FAKE SPORTS LIKE THE NBA?? NBA players are some of the best athletes in the world....maybe next to the MMA fighters. Fake? Please explain....

reggie

Let me see, the feds are going after a baseball player. PLEASE. this is a modern day witch hunt, this isn't the local police or the baseball commisioner , this is the goverment. They didn't go messing with lance armstrong, this is absurd.

reggie

DAXFLAME!!

Hey #33 Reggie... are you not paying attention. He is being accused of cheating by the Supreme Court!!! You think he should be able to just go out and pad his numbers by cheating some more??! Let me guess, you are between 15-27 yrs old, you pick style over function each and every time, and you personally would do anything it took to beat somebody at a GAME, and you respect nobody. Am I getting warm? I thought so....

Willy

Whats taking Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson so long to SPEAK UP.

I figured one of them would have been The First post here on TMZ

Jason

this is a crazy man on steroids what do you expect?

Jessica

America already found him guilty before anything. Never failing a steriod test seems to speak volumes to me.

Baseball is his job-- he was just stay fit enough to put on a show and make the game interesting.

Lori

Now all we need is for them to strip him of that ridiculous home run record title! I cannot wait to see this guy go down, I can't stand anything about him. His fans are knuckleheads and are just plain blind to the fact that he cheated, he never passed Hank Aaron's home run record and that he is a big fat liar! Anyone who cheered for this loser is a bigger loser than he is. I hope the next time he gets a home run is with some dude named Rocco against his will in the big house! LOSER!!!