Britney Comes to Attention -- Deficit Disorder

11/15/2007 1:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsTMZ has learned Britney Spears will now play the ADD card in court tomorrow, arguing that her medication caused a positive reading on a drug test last week.

As we first reported, a source connected to Britney first said Provigil, a drug used to treat narcolepsy, was the cause of the false positive. But then TMZ reported that Provigil would not show up on a court-ordered drug test.

Then Brit's peeps said the reason for the positive reading was that she has asthma, and used an inhaler of Albuterol. But then we reported the drug Brit tested positive for was an amphetamine -- and Albuterol is not.

So now -- Atttention Deficit Disorder -- just like Paris. And based on our information -- just like Paris -- we believe Britney's prescription is for Adderall. That drug fits the bill, because Adderall is an amphetamine.

The lawyers are in court tomorrow. We're told K-Fed's lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, will renew his motion to prohibit Brit from driving with the kids in the car, especially after blowing a red light at a dangerous intersection a few days ago -- with the kids in the back seat.

anonymous

This is another made up story from tmz.

momma bear

If she has ADD or ADHD, the meds she is taking are totally not working. She is exhibiting the exact type of behavior that the meds are supposed to help her control! ADD/ADHD meds are taken to control impulsive behavior and help the person slow down and make better judgements before they do something dumb. She really needs to go back to her doctor. The poor thing. Can't somebody sit her down and map out a plan to get her life together? Every young adult goes through this but she is now a mom. Time's up. Grow up.

Mom of ADHD kid.

anonymous

yea I have read alot of posts and people really go at it,it's kind of entertaining.some is going to far but I guess that's the way it is.

billy

ADD, my ass! That red light video shows her being a master of multitasking:
- Driving
- Texting
- Managing the parenting coach
- Parenting
- Attention whoring

I heard she's going to be on the cover of the next edition of Seven Habits of Highly Effective People.

Dog is a racist mutt!

If anyone's on the Anna Nicole Slip 'n Slide O' Death, it's Brit with her suitcase of meds! Getting chunkier with some nice, dark circles under her eyes! I do admire her Foot Flattening abilities! More Pap Smears Ms. Spears!

just wondering

...# 84 " jr " ...what is ur point of doing this???

Cindy

Good lord....if ADD is her supposed issue then someone needs to bump up the dosage waaaaaaaay up!

Brandon

Won't somebody please think about the children! You know, what's-their-names, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and Ashtray...

Coachs Mistress

Yeah, but did she ever buy a chandelier?

anonymous

#91 It is not me this time,must be someone trying to get to you...

Josiah

i agree britney has been very irresponsible with her life and kids and made very, very, very poor choices but it's not our place to judge, i mean we're not in her situation.. we don't know what she's going through right now.. people that are just waiting for her to make another mistake are just sick.. leave her alone, she'll get what she deserves!

just wondering

..93....don't know why though???...I like to laugh lots and harm nobody.hmmmmmmmm...maybe that is why!..oh well, better not give it anymore attention.

SuziON

# 13... HORa yes I do have children, in fact I have a 15 year old son so I've been a mother for quite some time now and I TRY to everything possible to keep them safe.
Key word "TRY"
And I have also blown a red light, not purposely and that my friend doesn't make me a bad mother or driver! Does this mean that anyone involved in an accident with chidren in the car are bad mothers too?? And why did she blow that red light? Did you ask her?? were you there???????
You oviously are the perfect parent and never make mistakes... Right?? Gimmie a break!

Jenny

told you so....

brent

If ya had that many nut job photographers chasing you 24 hours a day
you would run a red light too. I myself wish the stars would just
start running them over instead, i bet they will start getting out of
the way with those damn cameras. And then there is these right wing
nazi-like news channels that show her all the time. Get a grip i dont
care what she does, its her life quit being nosey. It isnt any of your
business, or is everyone complaining and downgrading her just
jealous.