Crikey, Bindi Gets Bronzed!

11/15/2007 2:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jungle Girl Bindi Irwin cheerily posed for a pic with a bronze sculpture depicting her late father, Croc Hunter Steve Irwin, as the rest of his family takes up the work of wrestling crocodiles and presenting wildlife for education and amusement.

A statue of the Irwin family -- including little Bobby, widow Terri and their deceased dog, Sui, -- was unveiled today at the Australia Zoo by the surviving Irwin family and Steve's father, also named Bob. November 15 was named "Steve Irwin Day" at the zoo. Crocs rule!

Bindi also took the opportunity to unveil her wild crimped hairdo.

He's Boring now

A very nice tribute to a wonderful man and his family.

However, can we have a little less "wrestling" of wildlife in the futuere and keep the emphasis on education and preservation of wildlife through the education and awareness these good people can bring to the world. No more hog tieing, wrestling, creeping up on, double daring these creatures, OK? Someone got killed because of it.

Biker 1957

I wish this lame gator-wrestling circus act would just fold it's tents. Harassing animals and making millions of dollars while claiming to be conservationists is the ultimate in hypocrisy. This tired old ruse jumped the shark years ago. Watching these buffoons continue to work this crocodile wrestling gimmick is pathetic to say the least. Just fade away gracefully.

R.Zimmerman

Child Bindi, dog Sui...what's up with these weirdos?

Lovely Rita

I don't know what it is but that little girl is uber creepy to me! And both Mom & daughter need a SERIOUS "do"-over. Gag!

harvey levin,"im a lawyer"

my spidy sences ask me: Is that San Lee on the right?

LaReina

That poor little manipulated child.

Sparticus

I'm going to miss that guy!!!!!!!!!

Lillianne

Has anyone noticed that the sculpture looks nothing like any of them except for the croc?

annab

I THINK IT IS REALLY NICE.

luna

is touching....

sherricheu

I think it is criminal the way the mother is exploiting her daughter for a buck, that is child abuse!

LH

I can't stand that kid!

tba

I hate to say it....but, what an ugly statue.

tx soccer mom

What a nice tribute to a wonderful person. I miss him so much! I love that family - especially Bindi!

ganana

#2 you said what was on my mind precisely. What is wrong with a TV audience that thinks some a--hole "wrestling" animals has anything to do with preservation or protecting animals. He was simply a showoff who found a way to make money from his silly and cowardly activities. Animals should be left alone, hopefully to live in an unspoiled-by-humans habitat. A real conservationist would be working toward that end, not tormenting helpless animals. The Irwin family should go away.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments