Don't Believe Everything You See on TV

11/15/2007 4:39 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

If the tarnished record of Dr. Jan Adams is any indication, someone who is a doctor on TV is not automatically the person you should choose.

You want a little plastic surgery?

Make sure your doc is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Check with your state's Medical Board to make sure your doctor is in good standing and there is no discipline pending or past.

Find out if the doc has been sued for malpractice and how the case(s) turned out.

Talk to people who have had experience with that doc.

happyone

FIST OOPS FIRST!!

pimp

I heard that DOC 90210 or one of them is NOT board certified. is this true?

why are their faces not all over TMZ???

patsy stone

In New York State go to www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/opmc/main.htm -- type in the doctor's name to see if there are any malpractice suits against them.... I am sure California has the equvilent of this site.... be smart.

death on a cracker

Don't believe everything that you READ on the Internet either..... TMZ!

me

so TMZ.....what you are saying is that we shouldn't believe ANYTHING you put in print??!!!!!!

Geminat

That looks like a beer label

me

and also we should not watch TMZ on the tube because that's also a bunch of crap???

guess who

# 2, i heard that Dr. Rey is not board certified

big dawg

In response to comment No. 2. Yes, I understand that Dr. Robert Rey, aka Dr. 90210, is not board certified in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Take a look at his web site. A lot of glamorous pics but if you read his resume, which is mostly BS, there is no mention of any board certification either in general surgery or plastic surgery. The shocking thing is that you don't have to be board certified to practice Plastic Surgery. It is not surprising how many complications arise from the practice of bad surgeons.

Jen (the REAL one)

Kudos, TMZ for giving readers a website to refer to for this information...until this happened, I had no idea what to even look for, and I'm so glad to have found this now...I found out my planned surgeon had a lot of malpractice suits against him as well, so I cancelled my surgery, and will be finding a new, board certified, reputable surgeon...Thanks!

concerned

Those considering surgery will be well served to know that a COSMETIC surgeon is not the same thing as a PLASTIC surgeon.

Any physician can all themself a Cosmetic surgeon and perform cosmetic surgery.

However, a physician (regardless of what they call themselves) cannot be licensed by American Board of Plastic Surgery unless they have years of training in certified programs for Plastic Surgery. I believe there alre also hospital residency requirements.

Your face, your body, your life -- you have only one. Avoid any physician who uses the title of Cosmetic Surgeon.

www.sugar-shoes.co.uk

also we should not watch TMZ

Samantha

Ha thats what you people get for wanting surgery... i hope anyone that chooses plastic surgery has major complications!

Femalto

Samantha, you're sick!

Click HERE please.

Do not watch TV. Most of it is fake.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments