GLAAD Unhappy with CAAN

11/15/2007 6:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

GLAAD and CAANAfter viewing TMZ's story about nepostar Scott Caan's anti-gay slur toward a paparazzo, GLAAD pumped out a statement chastising him.

"While Caan's anger at being harassed is understandable, responding with that kind of vulgar, anti-gay slur is simply unacceptable," said Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation President Neil G. Giuliano. "We've reached out to Caan's representatives and called on him to apologize for his defamatory, dehumanizing remark."

UPDATE: Scott Caan issued the following statement to TMZ: "I am sorry for using such a derogatory word. I was being harassed by a paparazzi, and unfortunately, the word slipped out. I don't ever condone the use of that word and I deeply apologize to anyone whom I may have offended."

my2cents

I want an apology from GLAAD. I find them offensive and intolerant.

nataliec

33. GLAAD is so GAY.

Posted at 6:33PM on Nov 15th 2007 by DubFire

Obviously idiot!!!!!! Grow up! I cannot wait to hear all these idiots responses when they find out their child is gay...

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

Its overreactions like this that show how freakin gay those glaad people are and makes me less gay friendly rather than more. If the pap wasn't a homo then how is it a hate crime?

Beast

I'm glad he apologized. While people on here are talking about freedom of speech and blah blah blah, yes it's true people can say whatever they want, but they need to understand that some words are downright hateful and shouldn't be said if they have any consious. So good for him for apoligizing- now, let's get back to bashing Britney!

Old School

Thats soo GAY getting busted on being truthful and then saying Oh I got caught and now I am sorry...GAY!!!

I laugh at other's misfortunes

Oh boy.....another celebrity apology tour. They ought to start printing tour t-shirts. If Rev. Al protests for the blacks, when do we get to see Richard Simmons asking for calm in the gay community?

enough already

whatever happened to free speech. Oh wait, only certain groups are allowed that. All these politically correct/special interest groups need to get the chip off their shoulder and over themselves. maybe if the media stopped making a big deal and stop broadcasting every little thing everyone says these people would go away.

mason

Look at all the comments made against humanity in our society. Mentally ill, overweight, different cultures and races. All endure defamation from people who don't understand their lives. And they never get apologies. Get over yourself. We're fortunate enough to live in a country of free speech. One drawback to that is we may feel offended at times by the comments of others. Live your life and don't worry what others think or say. Who cares.

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

Mariao83

So why does GLAAD always demand an apology that truly about something that does not concern them!!!! I can't stand that group!!! The would stick us all in rehab and in classes if they could! The owe us an apology for being so dame annoying!

Beast

40. Women have to put up with so much more bull than gays (less pay, more insults, common insults are common phrases), yet it seems the members of glaad are the little girls around here....

Posted at 6:47PM on Nov 15th 2007 by misty

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well bimbo, let me tell you two things:

1. If you think women get treated worse than gays (which is hardly true), then maybe you should start speaking up. Silence is acceptance.

2. You're calling people from GLAAD little girls? Do you realize you just insulted your own gender you idiot?

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

How is it that women have it easier than gay people? Sorry, unless you go around acting like a woman and pda'ing in public nobody knows you are gay. So stop crying you weasel because, gay or not, as a man you got to vote before we did AND you make more money than we do based on actual gender - NOT wanna be gender.

I know a lot of gay people and most lesbos don't like gay men because many of them are such drama queens.

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

no I'm a woman, and as a little girl I cried over every booboo. as a woman in a mans world and workplace I just deal with it. suck it up and be a man.

Beast

Hey Misty- when are you going to come out of the closet?!

Women R Hizoes

Are they ashamed of what they are finally? Are they finally realizing what perverts they are? Is this why it's difficult for them to hear such words describing what they are?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments