GLAAD Unhappy with CAAN

11/15/2007 6:47 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

GLAAD and CAANAfter viewing TMZ's story about nepostar Scott Caan's anti-gay slur toward a paparazzo, GLAAD pumped out a statement chastising him.

"While Caan's anger at being harassed is understandable, responding with that kind of vulgar, anti-gay slur is simply unacceptable," said Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation President Neil G. Giuliano. "We've reached out to Caan's representatives and called on him to apologize for his defamatory, dehumanizing remark."

UPDATE: Scott Caan issued the following statement to TMZ: "I am sorry for using such a derogatory word. I was being harassed by a paparazzi, and unfortunately, the word slipped out. I don't ever condone the use of that word and I deeply apologize to anyone whom I may have offended."

bob

if your being harassed by paparazzi,report him as a stalker and keep his company away with a restraining order,video tape the harassement,

Candice

I am so sick and tired of the Gay Mafia (GLAAD)....I am not too crazy about the f word used against gay people..and I don't believe in beating up a person because they are gay...but one thing have me appalled is that all of a sudden GLAAD and the media wants everyone to agree with homosexuality...If a person is against homosexuality..then let them be against it...What happened to religious rights....and if GLAAD wants to come after me for saying all this...then I will just find a bigger organization to get them off my back....

lise

I find this so funny my kids have gay friends at school that constantly say "oh that's so gay" so do we go after them too is it ok for just the gays?

douchebag

GLAAD should be really busy....I mean that word is used about a million times a second in this country...why aren't they posting this crap after every time a GLAAD member hears it.....and another thing....How many homosexual people actually are members of GLAAD?

wasted days and wasted nights

When will GLAAD police the saying of "b*tches" within its own community? Society at large considers that to be an offensive term, but I have not seen any press releases condemning its use by, for example, a popular homosexual who posts videos on the internet.

Pam

What happened to free speech? Lots of words are offensive, so what? I love watching gay people demand tolerance in one sentence, only to turn around and ridicule religious people in the next sentence.

Pam

Posted at 7:09PM on Nov 15th 2007 by misty

Get an education, drop the drama and you too can make as much if not more than a man...Today, 30 to 40 percent of women earn as much or more than their husbands. The younger a woman is, the likelier she is to outearn men her age. And research predicts that by the year 2030 the average woman will outearn the average man.

MarioGilberto

my closed captioning stated he said FAT GUY instead of what was bleeped out by TMZ.

makes you wonder..Is the media telling the truth? or just looking for something to turn into controversial topics?

Rob

Oops...it slipped! Sounds like The Dog and Imus have another member to add to the group.

I'm really tired of all of this. What happend to freedom of speech?

david lauritsen

He was probably on his way back to his tree to bake some cookies and was running late...Ernie the head elf should make THIS elf be the chocolate dipper *wink* wink*

Zak

Scott Caan is gayer then a pink frock from the spring collection of Gautier!

jmo

He’s not sorry. He’s just following protocol now. Ooooooh, I’m so sorry, ummmmm. I didn’t mean it…..ummmmmmm, I wasn’t thinking, it just slipped…..ummmmmm, please forgive me.

Cheryl

THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY!!! people can say what they want too! & IT affends me to even see gay people, let alone watching them hold hands at the awards, LIVE ON TV!! YUK!

Cheryl

if mam was meant to be with man & woman with woman! FIGURE IT OUT!!!! they would be able too make babies!!!!

HMC

Christ, doesn't GLAAD have anything better to do? I mean, really. Do they demand a written apology from everyone who has ever used the word and been caught on camera?

Oh, no, that's right, they just like to pick on celebrities because it gets them attention. They're like PETA. Whiny, self-righteous pricks.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments