Martha Stewart's Mom No Longer Living

11/17/2007 12:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Martha Stewart, Martha KastyraMartha Stewart announced on her blog that her mother, Martha Kostyra, has passed away. She was 93.

She simply wrote, "I am very sad to tell you that my mom passed away. Here's a tribute to Martha Kostyra -- Big Martha." Martha's mom appeared with her on "Larry King Live" back in 2003.

Martha announced on her show last week that her mother had suffered "a small stroke" and was hospitalized.

Ayako

Hey Damn!- Shame on you! No, she did not raise a B****. She raised a very business savy woman. Martha just lost her Mother, have some sympathy.

Christopher Russo

As a big fan of TMZ, I am disappointed with the choice of this headline, an obvious reference to Martha Stewart's magazine, Martha Stewart Living. It is a tasteless headline, when many other suitable alternatives exist.

TMZ--please amend your headline.

Julie G.

Words seems so useless at a time like this. My favorite scripture of all the time;Psalm: 121 every time I read it during the difficult times and really uplifting for me in private.My prayers with you and your family.

mommyof4

First- Sorry to hear about the passing of Martha's mother
Second- Seriously TMZ very POOR and disrespectful title!

jojax

To have your mother this long was a blessing...I am sorry she is gone, my mother is gone I wish she could have been around for another fifty years.

Jon

To Martha Stewart:

Condolences on the passing of your mom. I didn't know much about her, but she seems like she was a classy lady.

Take care.

Jon

Tangie

Cool headline!

Dog is a racist mutt!

If you are disgusted by the disrespect shown by the spammers, or are sick of them clogging up the blogs with their bs, please complain to TMZ using the 'Contact' button that is just right below. This is just sick to do this here! Do not click on any of their sites unless you want to lose personal and credit info! Just great, use someone's death so you can rip people of on your phishing site!

Prompter Bob

Your attempt to be cute with a play on Martha's Living magazine with your headline concerning her mom's death is pathetic and cruel. I hope someone writes a funny headline when your mom dies.

blackberry_curve@yahoo.com

Don't be offended by their headlines. They've ALWAYS had no taste. :-)

Tangie

Hey, all you boneheads...This is TMZ. Your demand for respect is laughable. Do you really think Martha Stewart comes here? And a little humor (headline) doesn't hurt anybody. You young, mindless idiots can't grasp that it doesn't need to be all doom and gloom when someone dies.

lottalynn

Sorry to hear about Martha's mother. She was a devoted daughter to her mother. She
talked about her often on the show and did alot of charity work for our eldery. I think she can take pride in the work she did for her. I think she will mourn her mothers loss especially, they were the best of friends.

LC

My condolences to Martha and her family. I also lost my mother, last year; she was 93. It's a sad thing to lose a parent, especially when you have had her around for about 65 years like Martha did; you can't even imagine not having her around any more. Mrs Kostyra seemed alert, productive, and active almost up to the end, so that is something to be very thankful for. Just two nights ago I watched a Martha episode when her mother was making cabbage pierogies, looked good to me! Mrs Kostyra was a very hard worker all her life, raising six children in a small house with one bathroom, teaching school, putting up with a difficult husband, and doing EVERYTHING from scratch, and doing it well. She had a ton of discipline, something lacking in many people today. Looks like Martha learned quite a bit from her lother. in that department.

Giggles

★ ★ TO CAPTAIN OBVIOUS: ★ ★

Use FIrefox -- don't use Internet Exploder for the exact reasons you are experiencing. I have none of the problems you describe.

FlBiker

Couldn't do any insider trading with the Devil for Mom, huh Martha. We had all hoped you would die while incarcerated.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments