Martha Stewart's Mom No Longer Living

11/17/2007 12:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Martha Stewart, Martha KastyraMartha Stewart announced on her blog that her mother, Martha Kostyra, has passed away. She was 93.

She simply wrote, "I am very sad to tell you that my mom passed away. Here's a tribute to Martha Kostyra -- Big Martha." Martha's mom appeared with her on "Larry King Live" back in 2003.

Martha announced on her show last week that her mother had suffered "a small stroke" and was hospitalized.

Dog is a racist mutt!

Thanks to Brit is a Skank, but it's not pop ups I have a problem with, I am just sick of these slimy phishing sites that clog up the blogs numerically. I may not be a huge M. Stewart fan, but it is just so distasteful to do their phishing ads here. I just wish TMZ would install spam buttons to deal with these idiots, like on youtube's site. I'm on a Mac, so FFox is already a go. I seriously appreciate the help though. Thank you!

Tangie

A woman has to be pretty vain to name their child after themselves!

SJW

MS. STEWART,
SO VERY SORRY TO READ ABOUT YOUR MUM.
BLESS HER...................
TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF. THE WORLD NEEDS YOU!
SHARYN WHITING

2jack4bauer

Hate Martha Stewart , but I offer her my condolences. I fear the day I lose one of my parents. It must be terribly hard! Couldn't imagine!

Nancy

My deepest sympathy to Martha and family. Her mother was a testimony to the goodness that lives in all of us and how we can pass it on to future generations. She will live in their hearts forever.

Bill

Our condolences to Martha and her family.

LT Dan

Marvin Stewart? Who the F is Marvin Stewart? Larry King? Theres no damn Kings here! Who the hell are these people?
There are only two real celebrities, Michael and Brit-Brit. Everyone else is either a Ho or a Gay, like Carrot Top. Whats up with that I'm saying?
What would happen if the Carrot slipped Rumer the Jimmie Dean? WTF would that look like?
Jesus Christ we are doomed.

Larry wanna a cracker?

Martha became very close to her mother in the last twenty or so years.
She has my condolences.

Larry wanna a cracker?

LC, good post.
I doubt Martha reads TMZ, maybe you should send your thoughts to her website, I'm sure she would appreciate it.

Martha Stewart is a fascinating and talented woman and it's just sad to see people berate her so often.

thanks, TMZ, for posting the announcement.

Dra Welcome

Dear Martha,
You are a sista that has captured my heart. You are a trail blazer for us and I am so proud of you. First, how you always put your mom first, her thoughts of your legal situation and how you did the time, before they made you. Because you did so you made the time to be with your mom at the most important time in her life. I am so proud as to how you ALWAYS spoke of her. Most of all YOU made her proud. When I heard you announce on the tv the other day she may not make it till Thanksgiving my heart dropped for you. But, you guys sure lived life and that's what you will remember on Thanksgiving day. Celebrate all her foods, and decorations. Have pictures of her around and talk of her past. YOU MAKE ME PROUD TO BE A WOMAN...YOU GO GIRL.... Much love, and prayers...THE WELCOME-HAWKINS FAMILY of C. Islip NY

Gassy Jockey

Martha promised to knit her mom's ashes into a decorative cozy.

LT Dan

I have closed this thread.
We are done with this faux celebutard Marvin Stewart.
Proud Mary, if you wish to continue to run your suck muscle please do so elsewhere, like on Martha's damn website. I'm sure she would appreciate it.

Mary

Enjoyed having your mother share on your wonderful show, Martha Stewart! It is always hard to lose a loved one and, hopefully, your mother did not suffer but enjoyed life until the very end!

Thank you, Martha Stewart, for the beauty you have brought to the daily lives of American women and their families throughout the years!

Robin

On one of the morning programs this week she was asked about her mom. She said "she is very sick, I don't think she will make it to Thanksgiving. Good luck" It was the most unsincere statement. Condolences to Martha and family.

Maureen

I'm so sorry for Martha Stewart.

But, that headline is hilarious.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments