Martha Stewart's Mom No Longer Living

11/17/2007 12:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Martha Stewart, Martha KastyraMartha Stewart announced on her blog that her mother, Martha Kostyra, has passed away. She was 93.

She simply wrote, "I am very sad to tell you that my mom passed away. Here's a tribute to Martha Kostyra -- Big Martha." Martha's mom appeared with her on "Larry King Live" back in 2003.

Martha announced on her show last week that her mother had suffered "a small stroke" and was hospitalized.

Wicked

Condolsences to Martha Stewart and family. May your mother RIP.

I am facing the same situation, most likely, within a week or two. My mother is close in age to yours and is in my care, with days to live. I can relate. It's sad that this is happening Thanksgiving week, but then again, one will never forget or remember to give thanks to the mother they loved.

God Bless

marymartha's niece

I am very sorry for your loss, Martha. I loved watching you and your mom cooking together. You have alot of wonderful memories. May God comfort your heart.

Wicked

57 Why

the word is insincere
not unsincere
read a book
get a life
have a heart

Tangie

Martha Stewart is a snobby, self-righteous hag. She cares for no one. She made her fortune, and treats everyone around her like garbage. But you all just keep lining her pockets, while she looks down her nose at you.

Isis

If you ever were able to enjoy the full-hour Martha Stewart Everyday in your area, you got to see the best of Martha because her mother was a regular special guest. With her mother, Martha was quiet, took direction and was actually personally helpful to her Mom in completing said project.

Martha's personality and reputation is familiar to me because my grandmother and mother are loving but stern and 'formal' in the way I picked up both from Martha and Big Martha. I have always identified with Martha for that thread of formality, properness and stoicness. Not to mention the inner desire to do things 'right' as per Mother's approval and expectations.

Love is always hard to lose regardless of its appearance, texture or type.

My thoughts are with Martha and her family.

Nicole

The curse of Tom Bergeron strikes again!

Annie

Martha is accepting comments on her blog.

#12
so well said.
Thank you.

josh

i really think the title of this story is rude and childish. the woman lost her mother and you're going to make a play on words with that and her magazine? that very insensitive

Sues

May your mom rest in peace. Condolences to you and your family.

marla

Dear Martha and family, accept my condolence for the passing of your beloved Mother.

I was a big fan of Mrs.Kostyra.

Sillyme

Mother Martha was a loving, wise and kind person. Daddy and Mother Kostyra raised this one to take care of herself and do well.

Darla

Martha having lost my mother at a young age I wanted to express my thanks for you sharing your mother with your television audience, she was a very wise lady.

And to #14, stick with the lint licking, it seems to suit you. Remember word of mouth is the best advertising, now that I know your comany, I will be sure to tell all my friends and family to avoid yours, byee-eee.

Beavis

C'mom she was 93.. HER TIME WAS UP.. GIVE IT A REST.....

jmo

67. beavis

May people show you the same kindness when you lose a loved one.

Some of you should try to excel a little higher then “moron” level. It’s not pretty going through life talking like an idiot.

Beavis

69.67 Maybe we should be paying more attention to our troops overseas and talking/dedicating to those who lose their lives every day for our country in their 20's... Not some lady in her 90's who lived her life in the lap of luxury... Get Real!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments