Kanye Breaks Down On Stage

11/18/2007 7:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West broke into tears last night while attempting to perform the song "Hey Mama" at a concert in Paris.

In a video posted on YouTube today, Kanye can be seen holding his hands over his face and just standing in the middle of the stage as the band began to play the song. Eventually a few band members came to console him. The crowd can be heard chanting his name over and over again.

West left the stage, but eventually returned to perform the song "Stronger" with the audience yelling out their support. He is expected to return to the U.S. for his mother's funeral, taking place on Tuesday in Oklahoma City.

Terry

# 12 by zoemayne

His mother had success in her own right and defiantly could have afforded surgery on her own without her sons income.

What she had done is not all that out of reach. Her son's career had nothing to do with her untimely passing, Negligence did.

zoemayne

yea you could be right number 17. but i assumed that in LA she was surrounded but so many people who are perfect on the outside by means of surgery that she fell into that. But who knows she could of needed that surgery for health purposes......none of us know the whole story but i think that she most likely used kanyes money to do it cause she is retired and of course most of us would give our parents anything if we could afford. Jay-z bought his neice/nephew a mercedes and that neice/nephew died in a accident he felt guilty because of it. I dont know the facts im just assuming. SOME PEOPLE feel gulty just because they wern't there............i don't know im just assuming as you are........ he'll pull through it he has a finance by his side. hes strong he shouldnt be on tour he should re-schedule the events and go home.

MNgirl

He really shouldn't have tried to sing that song. It's way to soon.....

kassandra

Kayne, hold on and take some time for yourself. I love you Kanye. God bless you and yours. Deepest sympathy.

Kelli

Hey Caroljane, did you see Ro's tribute put on today?

AngieMNDC

This breaks my heart. Concerning Kanye it is apparent that he and his Mom had a relationship that was really close. In time her memories will outlive and outshine the grief.

Deepest Sympathy

Shootingstar

He's performing already? Wow. Kanye is a straight-up trooper. I can't imagine what kind of wacked out state I'll be in whenever - hopefully 100 yrs from now - my Mom passes.

Ontariogurl

My prayers go out to Kanye & his family I lost my mom its one of the hardest things a person has to go through. Tmz you should not file it under Wacky & Weird should be under Sadness cheez grow a heart

Jennie

I'm both surprised and impressed that Kanye tried to meet his tour dates at all. I agree with all of those who said it's too soon. And my understanding is that his Mama DID work; she was his manager. Godspeed to all of them.

Marie

AWWWE!!!! BLESS HIS HEART!!!

I THINK IT IS WAY TOO SOON FOR HIM TO BE PERFORMING RIGHT NOW!

HE IS STILL IN MOURNING , AND SHOULD TAKE THE TIME OFF TO DEAL WITH HIS PAIN AND LOSS!!

MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU KANYE!!! YOUR IN MY PRAYERS!!

SO VERY SORRY FOR YOU LOSS!!!

GOD BLESS YOU SWEETIE!!

Massaline

i couldn't do it.

Wicked

21 Kelli, no I didn't. You mean on her site? Tribute to what...who...Kanye??? I will have to check it out. All I saw was Blake skateboarding...LOL. Adorable child. Rosie is a great and loving mother.

Oh and one more thing about Kanye I don't understand is.....why is her performing? Why isn't he in the U.S.A.??? I'm sure he is grieving more than anyone can imagine but the performing just doesn't make sense to me.

Ty

If he was mourning the loss of his Momma so much,then why did he go to Paris,like he hadn't missed a show before.Just putting on a big fake crying show for his crazy fans.Now he has a great excuse if he gets busted for drugs,I is in mourning.

Bo

It's tragic that he lost his mother. Perhaps some good will come out of this and he'll tone down the narcissism and self-absorption a bit and start doing for others rather than just himself.

Puh-lease

I'm surprised that he's soldiering on, trying to perform despite his so recent tragic loss. That speaks a great deal about his professionalism, which no doubt was instilled by his mother.

Kanye, take some time off. Nobody will deny your need for some time to mourn your mother, or your right to do so in private. Well, except TMZ, since they are really nothing but celebrity stalkers, but nobody really cares what TMZ thinks about something this important anyway since we already know they are a bunch of heartless cretins.

Speaking of cretins, I notice the category had been changed from "wacky and weird" to "music". I agree, which brain-dead moron at TMZ thought it was appropriate to make fun of a man mourning his mother, who died suddenly and unexpectedly, and who he hasn't even had a chance to bury yet? Shame, shame, shame on TMZ!