Kanye Breaks Down On Stage

11/18/2007 7:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West broke into tears last night while attempting to perform the song "Hey Mama" at a concert in Paris.

In a video posted on YouTube today, Kanye can be seen holding his hands over his face and just standing in the middle of the stage as the band began to play the song. Eventually a few band members came to console him. The crowd can be heard chanting his name over and over again.

West left the stage, but eventually returned to perform the song "Stronger" with the audience yelling out their support. He is expected to return to the U.S. for his mother's funeral, taking place on Tuesday in Oklahoma City.

Wicked

Ok Kelli I just listened to Rosie's tribute to Kanye. Made me cry. God bless Kanye's torn soul. I just can't imagine his pain. His mother was way too young to pass.

Anonymous

God, my heart really goes out to him.
I can't imagine the kind of pain he must be in.
My mom and I aren't especially close, but I still can't imagine losing her.
God bless you, Kanye.

val

I know Kayne is a racist and hates whites but I'm white and I cried when I saw this .. and when I heard of his loss after she loved him so much, I cried for him then. He should like white people more .. we are not as prejudiced as blacks .. and our hearts are sad for him even after all the mean things he said.

val

53 we expect her to be stronger cause Marie Osmand is white and blacks don't like us...........she is a class act that when on earth and alive Kayne was not. Still his mom was bright and loved her son and his loss no greater than Marie, was almost a murder when she was butchered by a creep .. notably a 'black' creep who killed his own. Interetingly she didn't trust a white doctor and died at the hands of a black terrorist in his industry. He's the worst ..that guy would be fired from your local butchershop and Kayne's mom picked him cause he was black. Oh, he's black alright. And, my heart goes out to Kayne... he will love anyone like he loved his mom.

beefcake

Speak for yourself VAL. I'm white and I don't feel any o that you said. He is a racist pig and who cares how he feels. He can rot.

TJ

He needs time to grieve...how could anyone get on a stage and perform so soon after such a loss? Kudos for the attempt but the pain is stll too raw and fresh and he needs time out to grieve privately.

LEON

BE STRONG MAY MAN, YOU CAN GET OFF THE STAGE FOR A WHILE, YOU ARE HUMAN, TAKE A BREAK. DONT GET CAUGHT UP IN THE UNNECESSARY, TAKE CARE OF YOUR NEEDS. IT IS A TIME TO REMEMBER YOUR MOM. HONOR HER MEMORY, HER LIFE. PAUSE , CLOSE YOUR EYES, AND REMEMBER HER SMILE. AND THE PRIVATE MOMENTS, THAT YOU SHARED WITH HER. LIVE ON"

ajm33771

i don't even listen to your music, but God Bless you brother

hora

this made me really sad. i know what its like to lose you mother, it's a heartbreaking experience at any age. i hope he gives himself time to grieve

keet

wow.....it's nice to see real love.....remember...love your mom

drdisaia

You have to feel sorry for the guy. He just lost his mother.

Chick in CA

I have been a loyal fan of TMZ since its start. This was totally uncalled for. Bye TMZ. BTW, Harvey, you need to fire the jerk that went after this supposed story. (If it was you, oh my gosh, shame on you.)

barbarab

Poor baby my heart goes out to him ,lots of love and prayers also!!!!!!

Kelli

Yes Caroljane, it was sad. I cant believe all the ignorance I'm reading. We are one race. Human.

Kelli

And as far as Marie, her Dad was 90 and died peacefully. This is different. All the haters will get what is coming to you. Just a white persons opinion. Peace