Anand Jon -- More Rape Charges, Now in NY

11/20/2007 7:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The shocking sex charges against designer Anand Jon continue to multiply -- this time, in New York. And now the Manhattan D.A. has issued a warrant for Jon's arrest and extradition to New York. The accused rapist is being held in an L.A. County jail.

TMZ has learned that a New York grand jury has just indicted Jon on 40 counts of criminal sexual acts, including rape in the first degree, criminal sexual acts (forcible sodomy), witness intimidation and numerous other charges. Jon's nine accusers were interviewed over the past week, and the alleged crimes occurred over the past five years, all in Manhattan, according to the Manhattan D.A.'s office.

And it gets worse.

Sources tell TMZ that numerous other accusers have been identified, and that the current indictment merely scratches the surface of the designer's alleged criminal behavior.

The New York indictment and warrant mean that even if Jon posts his $2.1 million bail, as set on Nov. 7 in California, he will then be hauled to Manhattan for arraignment on the new charges.

Jon was indicted in September on 54 felony counts in L.A. county, including forcible rape, sexual penetration by a foreign object, and lewd acts upon a child. He has been indicted for similar incidents in Texas, both in Houston and Dallas, and is under investigation in Massachusetts and Florida. Jon faces life in prison if convicted.

Jon's lawyer didn't return calls for comment.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

GG

Hey Who do I contact because I was a victim and my fiend in Texas. I want to give him what he disserves ..Life in prison, I'v seen him do it to other girls and he did it to me.

KT

what a creep I hope he gets locked up.!!!!

KT

what a creep I hope he gets puts away for a long time and is someone else's bitch for a change

heather

perv

Cartman

He should like prison. Lots of rape there.

Thanks

kapo

seems like the same people travel around state to state and complain against this guy-this seems crazy

Wally

Mayby this punk can design some new prison wear!

kapo

why now after his company was being funded - why did none of these people come up earlier

Marlb Man

You cant rape the willing!

kapo

weird how all these years all these people were not complaining-- read there were no 911 calls no injury-

COOLGUY

I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS CASE. THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS. I FEEL HE IS BEING FRAMED

COOLGUY

why did all these girls stay quiet all these years and keep hanging out with him

kim

Wow what is even creepier is that about 4 years ago I was contacted by him through my modeling page and he wanted to fly me out to Cali to come out and work with him. My intuition led me to beleive there was just something not right about this guy and thank God I didn't.

COOLGUY

celebrities beware this is the easiest way for a girl to get you

COOLGUY

im sure kim if some one keeps saying there is something wrong ultimately you will start feeling it is wrong

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments